philinvicta

Stories from a proper gambler part 1

I had an old Terry Ramsden docu on my youtube channel but Ive just looked and its been removed, was an old VHS recording I cleaned up 😞 

He was a postman wasn't he?

3 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

I had an old Terry Ramsden docu on my youtube channel but Ive just looked and its been removed, was an old VHS recording I cleaned up 😞 

He was a postman wasn't he?

No he was a city dealer who made   his fortune in the Japanese markets    tells how he started and how he came to own Katies  in this interview.

15 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

No he was a city dealer who made   his fortune in the Japanese markets    tells how he started and how he came to own Katies  in this interview.

I beg your pardon, it was his father that was a postman in Essex, he is the son, deffo same person I can tell from the eyes!

Found the old documentary I had, not as good quality but its him

• Like 4

I quite enjoyed those

Any relation to you @Gkell727? Wouldn't surprise me with that hair. lol

• Like 1

Me too. Are there any more about

• Agree 1

Just now, Blampy said:

Got an old Harry Findlay one I cleaned up from VHS

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Blampy said:

The star sports one is a four part  interview.    The will probably come up on youtube  on a fairly regular basis they also have interviews with other people on their channel.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

I quite enjoyed those

Any relation to you @Gkell727? Wouldn't surprise me with that hair. lol

Stop flirting please the wife occasionally checks the forum. Stick to what’s app like we’ve been doing you naught sort 

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Stop flirting please the wife occasionally checks the forum. Stick to what’s app like we’ve been doing you naught sort 

I mention your hair so I must be flirting.....yawn!!! Anyone else and it's hilarious.... #boysclub 

1 hour ago, Gkell727 said:

I would not be too flattered I would imagine you are one of the very few with hair on this forum !

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

I mention your hair so I must be flirting.....yawn!!! Anyone else and it's hilarious.... #boysclub 

Been on this forum 552 days and I can safely say I’ve finally got a bite out of you babe. Persistent ain’t I 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Been on this forum 552 days and I can safely say I’ve finally got a bite out of you babe. Persistent ain’t I 😂😂

Ffs, Why do I always have to explain things to you...... I was down playing it, now get on WhatsApp and send me another nude :face_with_rolling_eyes:

25 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

Ffs, Why do I always have to explain things to you...... I was down playing it, now get on WhatsApp and send me another nude :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Nude selfie privileges lost. I told you my wife lurks occasionally. Ruined a good thing you have 

• Roll Eyes 1

8 hours ago, philinvicta said:

Part 2

@Blampy

Thanks mate 

He's an interesting character and his stories can be backed up 

I don't look at these types of people as legends, he's just another gambler that had it all then blew it 

Said before on here many times and will repeat,  if someone has £1000 to his or her name then losses it all,  does that make him or her any different to someone like Terry ? 

In my opinion Terry looks worse for blowing a lot more,  all he has at the end is more stories than the person than had £1000 to their name but lost it. 

That's all a lot of people have at the end,   some stories. 

Harry Findley I felt was a lot more honest by going into depth on how low he was with taking money that wasn't his,  I admire the person who isn't afraid to tell the bad story, the low story, some people only tell the stories that give them the leading part on how good they were. 

Terry hasn't aged very well, the end of his other main video was a bit sad,  he was attempting to show himself as a bit of a player again, but he wasn't, he's the kind of guy that because of where he was in life feels he can climb those same sized mountains again, who am 'I to say he can't.   

Terry Ramsden – A Tragedy of Rags to Riches to Rags

13th May 2017/0 Comments/in Blog /by Dan

Mention Terry Ramsden to any premillennial, and they’ll know exactly who you’re talking about. Depending on which side of the opinion void you’re standing, he’ll either be considered famous or infamous as the rags to riches to rags story that reads more like soap opera than a real life story.

That, however, is what makes his story so fascinating. At some stage in our lives we all dream of becoming so wealthy that we need never worry about money ever again. However, we don’t include the possibilities of losing it all again in the way of Terry Ramsden, so spectacularly and so publicly too.

Early days

Ramsden started off working in the city as an insurance clerk, and he very quickly realised that he wasn’t ever going to make any real money working for someone else. At age 16, in 1968 breaking away into self-employment and making a profit of £25,000 in his debut month was undoubtedly the birthing pains of a wealthy genius.

While that was an incredible amount of money at the time, Ramsden really started to climb the ladder to incredible wealth in 1984 when he purchased Glen International, an Edinburgh-based company with what could be considered a measly turnover of £18,000. Within three very short years, he had increased that figure to £3.5 billion annually, catapulting him into the top of the nation’s rich lists.

It became clear that Terry Ramsden was a gambler right from the start. He had an excellent grip on probabilities and how they may play out. Using his exceptional knowledge of Japanese stocks he grew his wealth exponentially because of his unique understanding of the market.

—————–Check out our number one ranked football tipster here—————–

Glamour

He wasn’t shy about his money either, and he became known for his glamorous lifestyle and great spending habits. His vast collection of expensive cars, properties and racehorses became part of what today would be called his brand, that at one time included owning 30% of Chelsea football club and all of Walsall FC. 

Ramsden in the 80s – before his downfall

The trouble is that gamblers’ luck rises and drops and Terry Ramsden wasn’t expecting the massive drop that hit in 1987 when the stock markets crashed wiping billions off his massive portfolio. All of a sudden he was struggling to keep his very substantial securities portfolio afloat and his marriage to his wife Lisa had become only a piece of paperwork. The stories of him losing up to million pounds a day at the racetrack were evidently not exaggerated when it emerged that Glen International nosedived into a debt of £98 million. All in all, his personal losses at the racetrack amounted to an eye-watering £58 million. Not surprisingly, Ramsden fled to the United States.

Prosecution

Following the issue of an arrest warrant for fraud in September 1992, he was arrested and detained in Los Angeles prior to his extradition in February the following year. By March 1992 Ramsden suffered bankruptcy, mostly as the consequence of HMRC pursuing him for a tax debt of £21 million, followed hot on the heels of other creditors bringing his total debt in bankruptcy to close on a staggering £100 million.

Like most gamblers, fortune did shine on the face of Terry Ramsden when it all went to court, and he managed to secure a two-year suspended sentence when he confessed to offences directly related to inducing fresh investment into his empire. But that wasn’t the end of it…

Despite the requirements that meant that Ramsden was supposed to disclose his income and assets in full, he concealed a secret trust as well as the small matter of three million shares in the Silversword Corporation, a company based in Canada, which Ramsden had a controlling interest in.

Huge amounts in the thousands were paid out to third parties including his mother, who then passed the money on to him. It would appear that he also conveniently forgot to declare winning £77,000 in an accumulator on five horses and a dog in 1992.

Final Downfall

Ramsden’s game was up when he was imprisoned for twenty-one months and forced to pay £10,000 in prosecution costs after pleading guilty to three charges of breaching the Insolvency Act as a direct result of failing to declare all assets and income.

The attempt to recover his losses and rebuild his life to where it had once been was now clearly impossible. Despite a talent that would be nearly impossible to match, Terry Ramsden was brought down by his own greed, and inability to accept responsibility for his own bad decisions.

It is often not the skill in amassing the wealth that creates tragedies such as this, but rather the inability to manage the very personal way in which one directs the acquisition and management of that wealth. A lesson for all of us.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Final Part for anybody interested

I couldn’t get past first minute of first video. Explaining to me how a £20 note works. Boring fudger 

15 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

I couldn’t get past first minute of first video. Explaining to me how a £20 note works. Boring fudger 

You should of stuck with it because he explains how a police warrant works

It's better to use your winnings and have fun then let it rot in a bank account until you pass away 

That was findlays motto but he would of been homeless if it wasnt for the countless handouts he got from talking the talk 

not forgetting his own mother 

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

You should of stuck with it because he explains how a police warrant works

I already know - had one executed enough fucking times. Since my arrest I’ve practically passed the bar exam mate