Sgt_bilk0

Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 26/08/2022 at 02:05, VillaLad said:

Your from London but support Liverpool 🤔 please explain why. Why don’t you support a cockney team? Not having a pop it’s just always done my head in and can’t understand the reasoning behind it. 

I bet you wished you supported a Cockney team tonight hardman. What's ur take on Gerrard's tenureship up till now?, I read the Villa forum earlier and their calling for his head, some cheeky bastards on there judging Rangers form even though they were a penalty away from a European cup. The fans are moaning about the money he has spent but that means fuck all in the EPL as most clubs are extremely cash rich, there are a fair few clubs struggling at the start of this season.. Liverpool, United, Leicester etc.. I  personally think it's too soon to sack him, you have Man City to face on Saturday evening and I fear it could lead to him being shown the door if City tear Villa apart.

Edited by Blacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blacko said:

I bet you wished you supported a Cockney team tonight hardman. What's ur take on Gerrard's tenureship up till now?, I read the Villa forum earlier and their calling for his head, some cheeky bastards on there judging Rangers form even though they were a penalty away from a European cup. The fans are moaning about the money he has spent but that means fuck all in the EPL as most clubs are extremely cash rich, there are a fair few clubs struggling at the start of this season.. Liverpool, United, Leicester etc.. I  personally think it's too soon to sack him, you have Man City to face on Saturday evening and I fear it could lead to him being shown the door if City tear Villa apart.

Mate I’d be extremely surprised if he’s in a job for the next game after the Man City game. That squad of players should be performing better, The majority of people on the villa fb pages are calling for his head and if we get slapped on the weekend I can’t see him keeping his job. The problem is who are we gonna get to replace him there are deluded fans who are saying go n get pochetino 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How crazy is it that Chelsea sack a manager who signed an 18 month contract in January 2021   with an option for another year which was obviously taken up.   He won the Champions league  Uefa Supercup   the World Club Cup was third in the Premier League behind Man City   and runners up in both  FA Cup whilst he was there as well as an EFL cup. He also was manager of PSG and Borussia Dortmund  and won things with both of them. Then after taking up the options  they decide that because he does not like discussing things too much with the new owners  as well as telling them he did not want Ronaldo at the club  he was not the right man for them  They paid off his 8 million a year contract with a  6.9 million compensation fee  and sacked him. No doubt other fees were paid to his backroom staff who would also be leaving at the same time

They then decide to appoint the Brighton Manager on a 5 year contract at 10 million a year(probably bonuses on top)  together with a number of his backroom staff   and pay Brighton a sum of over 21 million in compensation  for taking their staff.   He has done a fairly good job  at Brighton as many acknowledge but his winning record  goes so far as winning division 2and  division 1 in Sweden and winning the Swedish Cup ! He won nothing after with Swansea or with Brighton .

I know those guys are billionaires but not satisfied with overpaying for many players in the transfer window including another chunk paid to Brighton for players they seem to have lost the plot over the management.

I would not mind betting that Tony Bloom who is one of the best gamblers around  finds somebody who will do a good job with Brighton   and also find a few good players to buy with the money, because despite the fact that Chelsea took one of Brighton's recruitment guys  I would be pretty sure that Tony Blooms operation  has input which guys do the business across all European leagues.

Edited by philinvicta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@1pstaker you lot must be shitting yourselves at the thought of the Kings 11 turning u lot over tomorrow night 😂

E57E5C43-7558-4108-8F40-512A3175036F.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blacko said:

@1pstaker you lot must be shitting yourselves at the thought of the Kings 11 turning u lot over tomorrow night 😂

E57E5C43-7558-4108-8F40-512A3175036F.gif

Not exactly shitting ourselves...but let's just say the confidence is not as high as it should be. Having said that we will score at least 5, so as long as our defence hold you to 4, all will be ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

Not exactly shitting ourselves...but let's just say the confidence is not as high as it should be. Having said that we will score at least 5, so as long as our defence hold you to 4, all will be ok

I think I’ll be watching from behind the couch mate, I’d love to be at Anfield to witness the atmosphere. Incidentally I’m going to have a punt on Napoli to win the competition, they have looked a seriously good team this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you manage to fuck up a Holland kit? Just make it fucking orange you dickheads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chair Slots said:

How do you manage to fuck up a Holland kit? Just make it fucking orange you dickheads.

Do you mean Tom Holland? That's the only Holland I now know 😂

Think the old red and blue looks best.

Spider-Man_MCU.jpg

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Do you mean Tom Holland? That's the only Holland I now know 😂

Think the old red and blue looks best.

Spider-Man_MCU.jpg

Is that the bloke who is favourite to be the next Rangers manager ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Do you mean Tom Holland? That's the only Holland I now know 😂

Think the old red and blue looks best.

Spider-Man_MCU.jpg

You mean Tom Netherlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mighty Saudi Arabia say "who Messi ?"

Not sure I want to see to many matches with these sort of results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cheryl T T said:

@Chrissy_M........ Did you check out Roy Keane clashing with Graeme Souness today?  Holy sweet Mary I need that man in my life 💌

He's got some work lined up as a Christmas store Santa after the World Cup is over, been growing the beard specially for this, they don't let you sit on Santas knee any more though, too dodgy nowadays.

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cheryl T T said:

@Chrissy_M........ Did you check out Roy Keane clashing with Graeme Souness today?  Holy sweet Mary I need that man in my life 💌

I didn't see that @Cheryl T Tno 😂 You want Graeme in your life?! 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

He's got some work lined up as a Christmas store Santa after the World Cup is over, been growing the beard specially for this, they don't let you sit on Santas knee any more though, too dodgy nowadays.

Feck that, I want a full on cupcake seat on him :drooling_face:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chrissy_M said:

I didn't see that @Cheryl T Tno 😂 You want Graeme in your life?! 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Gurrrrrrl? Take that thought right out of your mind!! 🤣

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cheryl T T said:

@Chrissy_M........ Did you check out Roy Keane clashing with Graeme Souness today?  Holy sweet Mary I need that man in my life 💌

Fucking hell.. all those good looking blokes playing at the World Cup and you have the hots for an auld man who looks as if he has crawled out a skip. Souness looks good for his age mind you, full marks on telling hardman Keane to fuck up.

Edited by Blacko
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2022 at 19:09, philinvicta said:

Is that the bloke who is favourite to be the next Rangers manager ?

He will shoot a web out of his hand and get to fuck away from Ibrox if his Spidey senses are working. Expecting any manager to deliver constant success without providing them with a transfer kitty will always end in disaster, even auld Fergie would body-swerve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blacko said:

Fucking hell.. all those good looking blokes playing at the World Cup and you have the hots for an auld man who looks as if he has crawled out a skip. Souness looks good for his age mind you, full marks on telling hardman Keane to fuck up.

He has a certain zest that I find very attractive. Give me a room of male models and I'd still make a beeline for Keane. 

Looks aren't everything and in all honesty, it's not the main attraction for me 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cheryl T T said:

He has a certain zest that I find very attractive. Give me a room of male models and I'd still make a beeline for Keane. 

Looks aren't everything and in all honesty, it's not the main attraction for me 🙂

 

So your saying there’s still a chance 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen this offer for during the World Cup at the boozer 😂😂

67D216A3-9FA9-4D93-B777-6DACD01A0BE3.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute pile of crap! Wouldn't surprise me if the two England centre backs top the most touches stat. Feckin pants. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blampy said:

Absolute pile of crap! Wouldn't surprise me if the two England centre backs top the most touches stat. Feckin pants. 

Absolutely shite @Blampy so boring to watch. How Phil Foden don’t make the starting 11 is beyond me 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't these pundits say it how it was. Feckin rubbish! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now