Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

12 minutes ago, Blacko said:

@Mad Slasher McGurk who u hoping we get in the Champions league draw hardman, gonna be tough for both Glasgow teams but at least we’re  there

Great result the other night, I was feart to touch them as well, no mugs at this stage but i would think Marseilles are the only ones you really want to swerve, that's who I would make fav out of Pot 4.

6 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Great result the other night, I was feart to touch them as well, no mugs at this stage but i would think Marseilles are the only ones you really want to swerve, that's who I would make fav out of Pot 4.

I really don’t fear many teams any more after the Europa run last season, obviously Man City have the capability of destroying teams but there are others who are beatable. Both Glasgow teams expectations probably third place in group followed by Europa parachute which is probably their level given the enormous gulf in transfer budgets.

7 minutes ago, Blacko said:

@Mad Slasher McGurk Having a bit of this hardman 😂, all we now need is Auld Fergie in his ear and a Euromillions win to pay his wages. Seriously who dreams these things up.

B1A19C19-535E-450A-82D7-A4DEE2F1C571.png

I don’t think it’s that unbelievable, he’s played in all the top leagues and completed it. 

Italy - Done

Spain - Done 

England - Done 

Scotland up next 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Blacko said:

@Mad Slasher McGurk Having a bit of this hardman 😂, all we now need is Auld Fergie in his ear and a Euromillions win to pay his wages. Seriously who dreams these things up.

B1A19C19-535E-450A-82D7-A4DEE2F1C571.png

I can see the headlines now, McRonaldo signs for Gers, unlimited Irn Bru and Tunnocks Teacakes part of contract negotiations.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Blacko said:

This Champions League draw will go on till midnight, takes Tourre 5 minutes to open the fucking ball.

It is the same every year.  They like to milk it for the sponsors

and believe it or not they actually do a  rehearsal of a full draw as well

Edited by philinvicta

Just now, Blacko said:

Liverpool will qualify comfortably,.

Hmmm, after our first 3 games I would not be so sure. Hopefully get a couple of wins on the board, board soon, boost the old confidence a bit. 

Agree though, Ibrox will not be easy for any team to visit. Rangers could surprise

24 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

It is the same every year.  They like to milk it for the sponsors

and believe it or not they actually do a  rehearsal of a full draw as well

The bird wearing the red dress is the only reason it’s still on my telly.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

Hmmm, after our first 3 games I would not be so sure. Hopefully get a couple of wins on the board, board soon, boost the old confidence a bit. 

Agree though, Ibrox will not be easy for any team to visit. Rangers could surprise

They will surprise and so will Celtic for that matter. It’s all about survival for the smaller teams in the tournament, £40 Million is colossal money for qualifying to the group stages.

Edited by Blacko

1 minute ago, Blacko said:

They will surprise and do will Celtic for that matter. It’s all about survival for the smaller teams in the tournament, £40 Million is colossal money for qualifying to the group stages.

Disagree with Celtic...they crumble all the time in recent history. Rangers grateful to be back in the 'big time' and likely this year at least, will be well up for it. 

5 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

Disagree with Celtic...they crumble all the time in recent history. Rangers grateful to be back in the 'big time' and likely this year at least, will be well up for it. 

I genuinely don’t expect much from the Liverpool games, exceptionally talented team. Ajax and Napoli.. meh.

Edited by Blacko

8 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

Shite filled with 6 European Cups....

Your from London but support Liverpool 🤔 please explain why. Why don’t you support a cockney team? Not having a pop it’s just always done my head in and can’t understand the reasoning behind it.