Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

On 26/08/2022 at 02:05, VillaLad said:

Your from London but support Liverpool šŸ¤” please explain why. Why donā€™t you support a cockney team? Not having a pop itā€™s just always done my head in and canā€™t understand the reasoning behind it.Ā 

I bet you wished you supported a Cockney team tonight hardman. What's ur take on Gerrard's tenureship up till now?, I read the Villa forum earlier and their calling for his head, some cheeky bastards on there judging Rangers form even though they were a penalty away from a European cup. The fans are moaning about the money he has spent but that means fuck all in the EPL as most clubs are extremely cash rich, there are a fair few clubs struggling at the start of thisĀ season.. Liverpool, United, Leicester etc.. IĀ  personally think it's too soon to sack him, you have Man City to face on Saturday evening and I fear it could lead to him being shown the door if City tear Villa apart.

Edited by Blacko

9 hours ago, Blacko said:

I bet you wished you supported a Cockney team tonight hardman. What's ur take on Gerrard's tenureship up till now?, I read the Villa forum earlier and their calling for his head, some cheeky bastards on there judging Rangers form even though they were a penalty away from a European cup. The fans are moaning about the money he has spent but that means fuck all in the EPL as most clubs are extremely cash rich, there are a fair few clubs struggling at the start of thisĀ season.. Liverpool, United, Leicester etc.. IĀ  personally think it's too soon to sack him, you have Man City to face on Saturday evening and I fear it could lead to him being shown the door if City tear Villa apart.

Mate Iā€™d be extremely surprised if heā€™s in a job for the next game after the Man City game. That squad of players should be performing better, The majority of people on the villa fb pages are calling for his head and if we get slapped on the weekend I canā€™t see him keeping his job. The problem is who are we gonna get to replace him there are deluded fans who are saying go n get pochetino šŸ˜‚Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

How crazy is it that Chelsea sack a manager who signed an 18 month contract in January 2021Ā  Ā with an option for another year which was obviously taken up.Ā  Ā He won the Champions leagueĀ  Uefa SupercupĀ  Ā the World Club Cup was thirdĀ in the Premier League behind Man CityĀ  Ā and runners up in bothĀ  FA Cup whilst he was there as well as an EFL cup. He alsoĀ was manager of PSG and Borussia DortmundĀ  and won things with both of them. Then after taking up the optionsĀ  they decide that because he does not like discussing things too much with the new ownersĀ  as well as telling them he did not want Ronaldo at the clubĀ  he was not the right man for themĀ  They paid off his 8 million a year contract with aĀ  6.9 million compensation feeĀ  and sacked him. No doubt other fees were paid to his backroom staff who would also be leaving at the same time

They then decide to appoint the Brighton Manager on a 5 year contract at 10 million a year(probably bonuses on top)Ā  together with a number of his backroom staffĀ  Ā and pay Brighton a sum of over 21 million in compensationĀ  for taking their staff.Ā  Ā He has done a fairly good jobĀ  at Brighton as many acknowledge but his winning recordĀ  goes so far as winning division 2andĀ  division 1 in Sweden and winning the Swedish Cup ! He won nothing after with Swansea or with Brighton .

I know those guys are billionaires but not satisfied with overpaying for many players in the transfer window including another chunk paid to Brighton for players they seem to have lost the plot over the management.

I would not mind betting that Tony Bloom who is one of the best gamblers aroundĀ  finds somebody who will do a good job with BrightonĀ  Ā and also find a few good players to buy with the money,Ā because despite the fact that Chelsea took one of Brighton's recruitment guysĀ  I would be pretty sure that Tony Blooms operationĀ  has input which guys do the business across all European leagues.

Edited by philinvicta

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blacko said:

@1pstakerĀ you lot must be shitting yourselves at the thought of the Kings 11 turning u lot over tomorrow night šŸ˜‚

E57E5C43-7558-4108-8F40-512A3175036F.gif

Not exactly shitting ourselves...but let's just say the confidence is not as high as it should be. Having said that we will score at least 5, so as long as our defence hold you to 4, all will be ok

4 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

Not exactly shitting ourselves...but let's just say the confidence is not as high as it should be. Having said that we will score at least 5, so as long as our defence hold you to 4, all will be ok

I think Iā€™ll be watching from behind the couch mate, Iā€™d love to be at Anfield to witness the atmosphere. Incidentally Iā€™m going to have a punt on Napoli to win the competition, they have looked a seriously good team this year.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chair Slots
2 hours ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Do you mean Tom Holland? That's the only Holland I now know šŸ˜‚

Think the old red and blue looks best.

Spider-Man_MCU.jpg

You mean Tom Netherlands.

15 minutes ago, Cheryl T T said:

@Chrissy_M........ Did you check out Roy Keane clashing with Graeme Souness today?Ā Ā Holy sweet Mary IĀ need that man in my lifeĀ šŸ’Œ

He's got some work lined up as a Christmas store Santa after the World Cup is over, been growing the beard specially for this, they don't let you sit on Santas knee any moreĀ though, too dodgy nowadays.

• Shocked! 1

45 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

He's got some work lined up as a Christmas store Santa after the World Cup is over, been growing the beard specially for this, they don't let you sit on Santas knee any moreĀ though, too dodgy nowadays.

Feck that, I want a full on cupcake seat on himĀ :drooling_face:

• Love 1

20 hours ago, Cheryl T T said:

@Chrissy_M........ Did you check out Roy Keane clashing with Graeme Souness today?Ā Ā Holy sweet Mary IĀ need that man in my lifeĀ šŸ’Œ

Fucking hell.. all those good looking blokes playing at the World Cup and you have the hots for an auld manĀ who looks as if he has crawled out a skip. Souness looks good for his age mind you, full marks on telling hardman Keane to fuck up.

Edited by Blacko
  • Shocked! 1

On 21/11/2022 at 19:09, philinvicta said:

Is that the bloke who is favourite to be the next Rangers manager ?

He will shoot a web out of his hand and get to fuck away from Ibrox if his Spidey senses are working. ExpectingĀ any manager to deliver constant success without providing them with a transfer kitty will always end in disaster, even auld Fergie would body-swerve.Ā 

2 hours ago, Blacko said:

Fucking hell.. all those good looking blokes playing at the World Cup and you have the hots for an auld manĀ who looks as if he has crawled out a skip. Souness looks good for his age mind you, full marks on telling hardman Keane to fuck up.

He has a certain zest that I find very attractive. Give me a room of male models and I'd still make a beeline for Keane.Ā 

Looks aren't everything and in all honesty, it's not the main attraction for me šŸ™‚

Ā 

19 hours ago, Cheryl T T said:

He has a certain zest that I find very attractive. Give me a room of male models and I'd still make a beeline for Keane.Ā 

Looks aren't everything and in all honesty, it's not the main attraction for me šŸ™‚

Ā 

So your saying thereā€™s still a chance šŸ˜Ž