Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

1 hour ago, howfin said:

i dont spend every minute of my living life on this place, is all.

Scotland, as usual, done what they always do. Show a spark of promise and whip the nation into a frenzy before being complete one legged dribbling fudgers. I wouldn't say we were embarassed though. But, it does show that we have not improved as a team as much as the earlier promise first pointed too. Sadly, until the amount of money in the Scottish game increases and youth development and facilities and oppertunities for young kids goes up, I think we will sadly have many more years of disappointment to come.

England on the other hand, dont suffer from most of the problems mentioned above that Scotland do, but still seem to be as gash as Scotland. I mean, if Sterling is the only fudger that can score for your team, then you are in real trouble. I think the end of the road will be Germany. Poetic really. But hope they do well none the less.

Yea I get people not on here all the time. Only thing is when England played shit first game, u posted within 3 seconds of the match ending and when scotland lost u went missing for days, until the second they drew with England ..u post again haha then when England win again and Scotland get battered by the team u said England only beat cos they are poor then I knew u would go missing so thought I’d call it haha. we may be shit and we will prob go out against Germany but we are not as “gash” as Scotland lol all I wanna know is how are England so bad and as gash and concede “0” goals to Scotland’s 5 and win the group. But Scotland showed sparks of promise…when did they show this? 😆

Edited by Andymitzy

I think if you're really tracking my online activity then you should get some help dude. It's not healthy.

Of course if you lose a game you're not going to be galovant about posting about it. I was out in the pub watching the game so suprisingly I wasnt able to post or comment on it at the time. Scotland haven't qualified for a major tournament since 1998 and after the run up to the Euros yes we showed promise and improvement in our games. How can we not have done so? 22 years without any qualification and you say we havent done something better than usual? Puzzeling. 

Our first game vs Czech was a disaster. We played fairly decently but simply did not finish our chances. We should have taken the game. Versus England we should have taken the game as well and England were yes, terrible. Versus Croatia, we got fucked, but we put up a fight at least, for a while, before going down. But yes, it was a bad performance by us overall. If you are really happy with England's performances over the last 3 games then fair play to you. 

Yes congratulations you got the results and we didnt. Im happy for you. That doesnt mean that Scotland didnt show better performances up to and including the Euros than we generally have done over the past 2 decades. 

Not tracking ur activity pal. When I see you post each game then don’t when you lose it just tells me ur in hiding haha. Not happy with the games we have played at all but we have gone unbeaten and won the group not conceded a single goal and you say we are as bad as Scotland…I just didn’t understand that bit mainly tbh haha we are shit but not that shit. 

On 24/06/2021 at 19:08, howfin said:

Obviously after a heavy loss no one is going to want to talk about the game. You must be a crackpot to think otherwise. I dont care if you understand it or not, its my opinion.

how would you describe Scotland after calling England a lackluster team 😂

10 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

how would you describe Scotland after calling England a lackluster team 😂

Pretty much the same as I said earlier, so lackluster. Though, our performances were a lot better and it's at least something to build on.

Guest Chair Slots

Why does the VAR check for offside on a goal take so fucking long?? I've seen it about 4 times in this tournament already. There's the goal, then all the player celebrations, then we see the replays of the goal, there's jubilant music playing through the speakers, the ball goes back on its spot and after about 3 minutes there's a VAR check, then it takes another 2 or 3 minutes whilst the decision is pending.

It's fucking ridiculous, players are just going to stop celebrating soon, until all the checks are done and the goal is given. Imagine that, players scoring goals then they just stand there with no expression for 5 minutes while some prick in an office somewhere is finishing his wank before bothering to check the replay.

1 hour ago, Chair Slots said:

Why does the VAR check for offside on a goal take so fucking long?? I've seen it about 4 times in this tournament already. There's the goal, then all the player celebrations, then we see the replays of the goal, there's jubilant music playing through the speakers, the ball goes back on its spot and after about 3 minutes there's a VAR check, then it takes another 2 or 3 minutes whilst the decision is pending.

It's fucking ridiculous, players are just going to stop celebrating soon, until all the checks are done and the goal is given. Imagine that, players scoring goals then they just stand there with no expression for 5 minutes while some prick in an office somewhere is finishing his wank before bothering to check the replay.

VAR is killing the game bro, rugby is nowhere near as fast paced as football so comparing the two in regards to video refereeing is bollocks. Supporters at these matches must be scratching their heads every time the ball hits the net.

12 minutes ago, Cleandries said:

Now we get to see what Ronaldo is all about. 

Good players rise to the occasion! 

All Portugal have got going for them is soft set pieces or penalties 

They'll be playing for it. 

Well so far he has scored 5 goals so I believe he has stepped up.   They also have Jota and Fernandes  and others maybe somebody else needs to step up and help him out.   He  carried them to a Euros before  and at his age he owes nobody anything.   

Mbappe has a lot to do to come close to Ronaldo in this tournie

Well we got to see Ronaldo holding his pretty face. & that was about it. 

Belgium should beat Italy who I also laid in 90 mins before going on to wear down Austria IN ET.

Need sterling & that young arsenal lad to run at Humnels who was a great player in his prime, so hopefully he starts as he's there for the taking. 

And muller up front isn't much good these days. 

England should win. 

21 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Now we get to see what Ronaldo is all about. 

Good players rise to the occasion! 

All Portugal have got going for them is soft set pieces or penalties 

They'll be playing for it. 

Only one of two things have happened here...

1) Ronaldo let you you down for a decent sum of money 

2) You were a big fan and had his picture on your wall, you came home to find your miss/mrs/mistress/girlfriend/fella/man/boyfriend/partner got there in the end masterbating looking at his picture, when you asked they said that he turned them on more than you did.

Either way it's clear your not a fan 

• Love 4