Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

49 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Leicester in fact!

Anyways, my names not @Denman he's the big brain round these parts. Just simple fact. Ronaldo's record speaks for it self

Cristiano Ronaldo                         Lionel Messi

Club goals: 638                             Club goals: 634

International goals: 102   International goals: 71

Total goals: 740                         Total goals: 705

Not to mention Messi hasn’t played outside La liga. A lot of his goals are stat padding against shit teams. Both amazing players but yeah Ronaldo proven in different leagues including prem. 

Edited by Gkell727

11 hours ago, Andymitzy said:

How u get on pal? Where’s ur post match analysis? Only do it when England play bad and Scotland don’t get embarrassed? 😆

Comparing England and Scotlands respective performances is like comparing Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool to Rochdale, Lincoln City or Shewsbury Town. It is such a dumb narrative. Of course England have a far superior team to Scotland. Would any Scottish players even get in the England Squad? Maybe McGinn? I doubt anyone else. England fans should not be gloating about qualifying for the next round ahead of Scotland, it is entirely expected and would have been a major upset and embarrassing if it didn't happen. With the prospect of Portugal, France or Germany in the next round too, all fairly recent proven International winners, England very well might be on the next plane home after Scotland. 

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

I believe Man United are looking to re sign Ronaldo over the summer 

Yeah it has been mentioned. I think he is fully capable of still having a huge impact. I think that ship has long since sailed though. 

21 minutes ago, Denman said:

Comparing England and Scotlands respective performances is like comparing Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool to Rochdale, Lincoln City or Shewsbury Town. It is such a dumb narrative. Of course England have a far superior team to Scotland. Would any Scottish players even get in the England Squad? Maybe McGinn? I doubt anyone else. England fans should not be gloating about qualifying for the next round ahead of Scotland, it is entirely expected and would have been a major upset and embarrassing if it didn't happen. With the prospect of Portugal, France or Germany in the next round too, all fairly recent proven International winners, England very well might be on the next plane home after Scotland. 

Agree with that. Tierney and Gilmour would make an England squad imo.

I think Scotland have been shit in this tournament, the only team I can think of who has performed worse has been Turkey, creaming ur pants over drawing with a toothless England hardly screams success. My only regret is talking myself out of lumping on the Cheques and Croatians at silly odds, I am as patriotic as the next Scotsman but feel these displays show why Scotland don’t qualify for major tournaments as they are invariably out their league. 

1 minute ago, ColourMeUp said:

Easy to forget about as a Utd fan when they play for Liverpool 😜

Yeah, he is very good though. A far better player than TAA in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I think Scotland have been shit in this tournament, the only team I can think of who has performed worse has been Turkey, creaming ur pants over drawing with a toothless England hardly screams success. My only regret is talking myself out of lumping on the Cheques and Croatians at silly odds, I am as patriotic as the next Scotsman but feel these displays show why Scotland don’t qualify for major tournaments as they are invariably out their league. 

At least there’s no expectations, qualifying seems good enough sometimes. England fans however whip theirselves into a frenzy only to be let down a few days into the tournament. Fun to watch though 

The fact that Sterling is the only reason they are through makes it better. The Daily Mail brigade won’t be happy or will they? Isn’t that the beauty of racism you can pick and choose when your prejudices matter 

Edited by Gkell727

1 hour ago, Gkell727 said:

At least there’s no expectations, qualifying seems good enough sometimes. England fans however whip theirselves into a frenzy only to be let down a few days into the tournament. Fun to watch though 

The fact that Sterling is the only reason they are through makes it better. The Daily Mail brigade won’t be happy or will they? Isn’t that the beauty of racism you can pick and choose when your prejudices matter 

Yeah you would think the Gestapo edited the Daily Mail wouldn’t ya!, was reading it the day after the England Scotland game and their legion of readers were banging on about the Jocks leaving Trafalgar Square in a mess, what they failed to mention was groups of Scotland fans clearing up rubbish the next morning. This paper is a racist shit rag which I’ve been guilty of reading myself.

2 hours ago, Blacko said:

I thought you played really well in the 1st game you created loads of chances and should have won IMO. Your right about the England game celebrating like you won the World Cup against a proper shit England team on the day. As a football nation you are getting better but until there’s a proper goal scorer upfront your always gonna struggle. QPR player upfront tells its own story.

On 23/06/2021 at 05:21, Andymitzy said:

How u get on pal? Where’s ur post match analysis? Only do it when England play bad and Scotland don’t get embarrassed? 😆

i dont spend every minute of my living life on this place, is all.

Scotland, as usual, done what they always do. Show a spark of promise and whip the nation into a frenzy before being complete one legged dribbling fudgers. I wouldn't say we were embarassed though. But, it does show that we have not improved as a team as much as the earlier promise first pointed too. Sadly, until the amount of money in the Scottish game increases and youth development and facilities and oppertunities for young kids goes up, I think we will sadly have many more years of disappointment to come.

England on the other hand, dont suffer from most of the problems mentioned above that Scotland do, but still seem to be as gash as Scotland. I mean, if Sterling is the only fudger that can score for your team, then you are in real trouble. I think the end of the road will be Germany. Poetic really. But hope they do well none the less.

• Love 1