Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

23 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Fuck off we all know you sweaty socks had Croatia bunting outside your hooses šŸ˜‚

Nah not at all. I want any of the home nations to do well. Id rather see England/Wales/Ireland do well than any other European nation. Obviously when it comes to Scotland v X other home nation, then thats a different story. Looking ahead to Fridays game most Scottish people would know it was a uphill task to take England at home. But after todays piss poor effort Id say a lot are more confident of a closer game.

• Love 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, VillaLad said:

Typical glory hunting from a Man Utd fan there. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

The last few times I watched them they were atrocious. So no thanks!

1 hour ago, howfin said:

Nah not at all. I want any of the home nations to do well. Id rather see England/Wales/Ireland do well than any other European nation. Obviously when it comes to Scotland v X other home nation, then thats a different story. Looking ahead to Fridays game most Scottish people would know it was a uphill task to take England at home. But after todays piss poor effort Id say a lot are more confident of a closer game.

I wouldnt go as far to say piss poor. Prediction for Friday? I'll go England 3-0.Ā 

37 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

image.thumb.jpg.ad4411bd41eb1c999e281bc1eed418d7.jpg

Ā 

first bet of Euroā€™s a bit closer than Iā€™d have likedĀ 

The Dead Sea scrolls weā€™re in better condition than this when they found them after centuries, this bets not even 12 hours old and it looks as if youā€™ve tried to shag it.

• Love 5

8 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The Dead Sea scrolls weā€™re in better condition than this when they found them after centuries, this bets not even 12 hours old and it looks as if youā€™ve tried to shag it.

I thought it was a crumpled up loser fished out of the bin to show us how unlucky he was.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Player1173 said:

I wouldnt go as far to say piss poor. Prediction for Friday? I'll go England 3-0.Ā 

It was an average performance at best. I dunno, will wait to see how Scotland do tomorrow. Think a win will be good for confidence going into Friday.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I thought it was a crumpled up loser fished out of the bin to show us how unlucky he was.

Mind years back going to Shawfield dogs - SIX of us and we never backed a winner the full cardĀ 

If only we had the brains to just pick a dog each per race lolĀ 

I stuck Ā£40 on Trap 6 in the last race and it got beat so I stood and tore up the tote cardĀ into little tiny piecesĀ 

Then it got announced over the loud speaker the race was void asĀ the traps were set at the wrong distanceĀ 

• Love 1

Just now, Bangers said:

Mind years back going to Shawfield dogs - SIX of us and we never backed a winner the full cardĀ 

If only we had the brains to just pick a dog each per race lolĀ 

I stuck Ā£40 on Trap 6 in the last race and it got beat so I stood and tore up the tote cardĀ into little tiny piecesĀ 

Then it got announced over the loud speaker the race was void asĀ the traps were set at the wrong distanceĀ 

Been years since I was at Shawfield, it was like another planet sometimes so feckin cold in the winter.Ā  I remember being there and doing a tenner a race and not picking a winner all night, last race of the day I'm standing in the queue at the briefcase bookies and I'm going to put my tenner on trap 6, the guy in front of me puts 2k on trap 3 so I've had a few beers by this time so I dug into my pocket and put everything I had on trap 3 which was Ā£60 odd quid.Ā  I came away and then reality hit me, 2k could be nothing to this guy and trap 3 was the 6/1 outsider but trap 3 romped home and I was the only one to go home in profit.

• Good Luck! 1

1 minute ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Been years since I was at Shawfield, it was like another planet sometimes so feckin cold in the winter.Ā  I remember being there and doing a tenner a race and not picking a winner all night, last race of the day I'm standing in the queue at the briefcase bookies and I'm going to put my tenner on trap 6, the guy in front of me puts 2k on trap 3 so I've had a few beers by this time so I dug into my pocket and put everything I had on trap 3 which was Ā£60 odd quid.Ā  I came away and then reality hit me, 2k could be nothing to this guy and trap 3 was the 6/1 outsider but trap 3 romped home and I was the only one to go home in profit.

Yeh it went right downhill fast, would see old guys standing pissing at parts and had some real rough characters going about, no teeth and faces like they had met Edward Scissorhands a few days before.

I took a girlfriend once and done my bollocks in the first 4 races and we left early,Ā  she had no money and we ended up walking from Shawfield to EK - she done most of it barefoot with the shoes off,Ā  she never spoke to me for about 3 weeksĀ 

But I fired in 3 good winners at Kelso and was back in the good booksĀ 

Amazing what a new top and pair of shoes could get you back thenĀ Ā 

• Good Luck! 2

1 hour ago, Bangers said:

Yeh it went right downhill fast, would see old guys standing pissing at parts and had some real rough characters going about, no teeth and faces like they had met Edward Scissorhands a few days before.

I took a girlfriend once and done my bollocks in the first 4 races and we left early,Ā  she had no money and we ended up walking from Shawfield to EK - she done most of it barefoot with the shoes off,Ā  she never spoke to me for about 3 weeksĀ 

But I fired in 3 good winners at Kelso and was back in the good booksĀ 

Amazing what a new top and pair of shoes could get you back thenĀ Ā 

ā€œShe never spoke to me for 3 weeksā€

Fucking hell bangers it must gave took three weeks walking from Shawfield to East Kilbride.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Blacko said:

ā€œShe never spoke to me for 3 weeksā€

Fucking hell bangers it must gave took three weeks walking from Shawfield to East Kilbride.

Did take a few hours nut not as far as you think, we also might have been a touch quicker had she not kept stopping and moaning like feck, no mobiles back in the 80's so couldn't call or text anyone, her mum and dad liked a punt and were hard drinkers and smokers, they were still sitting up when we got home so I got yet more moaning from the both of them.

Come taeĀ think of it they all moaned that much ..............You got any relatives in EK by any chance ?Ā 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Good luck to Scotland today the Czech Republic ainā€™t nothing special and I think you can win today

Ā 

They are ranked 40th in the World, just a few spots ahead of Scotland. I don't think anyone believes they are special.Ā šŸ˜‚

6 minutes ago, Denman said:

Ā 

They are ranked 40th in the World, just a few spots ahead of Scotland. I don't think anyone believes they are special.Ā šŸ˜‚

Denmark are 10th in the World apparentlyĀ 

Edited by Gkell727

Tierney out is a big blow for us, but I still think this is a game we should take.

CZ arnt on a run of form right now and we've won our last 3 meetings with them.Ā CZ have lost four of their last five away games.Ā Scotland are unbeaten at home since September 2019.

2-1 Scotland, Christie to score. 30/1.

Not really confident it will come in just for a sake of a line
Ā 

• Chaching! 1

Just now, Gkell727 said:

Denmark are 10th in the World apparently in world rankingsĀ 

Ā 

Exactly. When you have shite like England and Denmark in the top 10, 40th is really really bad.

11 minutes ago, howfin said:

Tierney out is a big blow for us, but I still think this is a game we should take.

CZ arnt on a run of form right now and we've won our last 3 meetings with them.Ā CZ have lost four of their last five away games.Ā Scotland are unbeaten at home since September 2019.

2-1 Scotland, Christie to score. 30/1.

Not really confident it will come in just for a sake of a line
Ā 

D5316931-52DD-4091-8C71-0627AA6EE445.thumb.jpeg.6b6602efd96325597e7d7bc1358882e3.jpeg

• Love 1