Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

This is EUFA one of the most greedy organisations  in the world.   We know it should be called off  but they will find a reason to carry on.

I won’t be watching - I called my family in to show them him fall over thinking it wasn’t serious. Wish I hadn’t in hindsight. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Gkell727 said:

I won’t be watching - I called my family in to show them him fall over thinking it wasn’t serious. Wish I hadn’t in hindsight. 

It is always so shocking to see it happen to a young footballer  as these guys are given the best medical  support and check ups all the time   you do not expect it

Guest andywilliams1187
1 hour ago, MrUKHackz said:

Ian Wright is against racism mate, never heard him called a racist, Rolla has a mate that punches anyone in the face with no warning for any derogatory comments about Ian, true story.

If you tell him Ian wright looks like oprah Winfrey, does he laugh or start swinging?

11 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

That must be a positive for Erickson, surely they would not be continuing if his condition was still serious.

They said that both sets of players waited to know that Erikson was in a stable condition  and then agreed they wanted to play on.  They said there was no pressure on the players to do so.

• Keeemon 2

44 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

They said that both sets of players waited to know that Erikson was in a stable condition  and then agreed they wanted to play on.  They said there was no pressure on the players to do so.

Massive kudos to both teams for deciding to carry on with the game. Thank christ Eriksen is now stable. 

9 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Massive kudos to both teams for deciding to carry on with the game. Thank christ Eriksen is now stable. 

I’d be amazed if every player in that Denmark team are still playing next season. A shock to the system and some may choose to walk away 

7 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

I’d be amazed if every player in that Denmark team are still playing next season. A shock to the system and some may choose to walk away 

I would be pretty sure most will be ok as long as Eriksen recovers even if he does not play again.   It happened at a lower level but a Fabrice Muamba had a heart attack on the pitch which led to the end of his career.

Just now, RichXTuta said:

Crazy - so happy he pulled through, surprised though! Seemed like that was it for him.

Honestly fell to the ground when I saw them starting the body compressions and heart machine. Truly shocking but amazing he’s seemingly ok now. 

• Keeemon 1

A lot of different age groups on the site but when I was at school not a single female had any interest what so ever in football 

These days they are pundits and trackside or chatting away all about tactics on the team 

When did all that start and why ?