Recommended Posts

It's charity time again folks and we have a whopping £2,700 to split for May and we also need a replacement for Action For Sick Children.

We also had a donation refused from a foodbank so that went to Cat Watch Wilts for little pickle Ricks tablets, they cost a whopping £500 for 16 pills and he needs 80 odd so that got him 32 tablets ish ❤️

So, based on last months requests and hopefully in order, we have

https://www.mosemasoefoundation.co.uk/ from @RichieFC £900

https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/ from @Sgt_bilk0 £900

http://gesh.org.uk/ from @Blacko £900

And the replacement for Action For Sick Children I would like to send to Cat Watch Wilts for the rest of Pickle Ricks tablets.

Feel free to put any suggestions for June below.

  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MrUKHackz what a fantastic gesture hardman, the covid restriction's in Glasgow have put the GESH chance to open its doors in the back burner so the donation will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Well done to the other charities and good luck to pickle Rick and his new gnashers.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrUKHackz said:

they cost a whopping £500 for 16 pills and he needs 80 odd so that got him 32 tablets ish

Fucking hell what pills are they giving the cat.... ecstasy tablets?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Blacko said:

@MrUKHackz what a fantastic gesture hardman, the covid restriction's in Glasgow have put the GESH chance to open its doors in the back burner so the donation will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Well done to the other charities and good luck to pickle Rick and his new gnashers.

Dont kid yourself man, the restrictions in Glasgow are a fucking joke.

Big Nicola has today announced the following for Glasgow: "The Scottish government has approved a fan zone in Glasgow which can hold up to 6,000 football supporters per day during Euro 2020 matches. The zone will be created on Glasgow Green and be open for the 31 days of the tournament from 11 June.Organisers said there would be a "festival atmosphere" with food, drinks and activities as well as screenings of all games."

So apparently Glasgow is dying in Covid cases with the Indian variant, but oh look, in 2 weeks we can suddenly hold a party atmosphere with 6,000 capacity in Glasgow Green and also allow 12,000 fans into Hampden? Aye? Struggling with Covid are we? 

Load of shite. Get the GESH back open.

Edited by howfin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing 👏

I genuinely can't get over charities refusing money, especially a food bank. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Fucking hell what pills are they giving the cat.... ecstasy tablets?

E's do not cost £30 a pop!

Joking aside, I asked the same question and she said its because the medication is unlicensed and they are doing human trials with it!

It does seem like the manufacturers are preying on sick animals to make a few quid but I could be wrong and maybe it has some rare ingredient in it 🤷‍♂️

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

Amazing 👏

I genuinely can't get over charities refusing money, especially a food bank. 

I think a lot of these food banks are connected to the Church so I don't know if it's anything to do with that. maybe their waiting on the big man arriving to feed the 5000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

I genuinely can't get over charities refusing money, especially a food bank. 

Absolutely mental isn't it, especially with what's been going on over the last 15 months. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I think a lot of these food banks are connected to the Church so I don't know if it's anything to do with that. maybe their waiting on the big man arriving to feed the 5000.

Probably.  I honestly find it despicable, try asking the families in need if they care where the money is coming from. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blacko said:

maybe their waiting on the big man

tenor.gif?itemid=19993792

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blacko said:

Fucking hell what pills are they giving the cat.... ecstasy tablets?

@Blacko😂 he'd be one happy cat if they were! He's unfortunately been diagnosed with Wet FIP (look it up as it's a bit complicated to explain). Was touch and go a few weeks ago and I didn't want to write about it on the forum as the condition he was in was quite bad and it was likely to result in him being put to sleep 😔 luckily he is responding well to the medication which as Hackz said isn't licensed by uk vets currently so it's like doing medical trials which come at an astronomical price. 

@MrUKHackz I know Marnie at the cat Watch is overjoyed at this amazing donation and massive thanks to you and the TGC ♥ I will be forever grateful 😘 

FB_IMG_1621871114419.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say how amazing it is that TGC do this and the amount of money involved is enough to make a difference. Well done to everyone involved.

  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know if anyone has put forward any other suggestions for the next giveaway but I would like to nominate https://dogs4rescue.co.uk/ they are a Manchester based rescue who are doing some amazing things helping animals. 

  • Love 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

I do not know if anyone has put forward any other suggestions for the next giveaway but I would like to nominate https://dogs4rescue.co.uk/ they are a Manchester based rescue who are doing some amazing things helping animals. 

I would like to start a charity that smashes the kneecaps of thieving bastards who find it acceptable to steal peoples dogs from their garden and sell them for a handful of silver, these lowlifes are everywhere in the UK at present.

  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I would like to start a charity that smashes the kneecaps of thieving bastards who find it acceptable to steal peoples dogs from their garden and sell them for a handful of silver, these lowlifes are everywhere in the UK at present.

I'd happily donate time and money to that cause. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blacko said:

I would like to start a charity that smashes the kneecaps of thieving bastards who find it acceptable to steal peoples dogs from their garden and sell them for a handful  of silver, these lowlifes are everywhere in the UK at present.

I fully endorse this sentiment ,  although I cannot support violence.  It is despicable to ruin the lives of so many people for the sake of a few pounds. Immoral , decadent, vile, thoughtless indigent callous valueless apologies for the human being, and surely should be deprived of breath for a month or two by any means possible ..... 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful - absolutely heartwarming 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blacko said:

I would like to start a charity that smashes the kneecaps of thieving bastards who find it acceptable to steal peoples dogs from their garden and sell them for a handful of silver, these lowlifes are everywhere in the UK at present.

Quite happy to do the kneecap smashing if you have any vacancies

  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Quite happy to do the kneecap smashing if you have any vacancies

The Kennel Club says less than 5% of cases result in a criminal conviction and that 52% of dog thefts take place in gardens.

Best just to fuck them up if you can grab the fuckers, difficult though as their always in the safety of a car. Up my way it's always non English speaking individuals who have been approached, normally they have a woman in the car with them to give the impression of a normal couple looking inconspicuous.  Don't bother taking photos and passing them on to the law as you will be wasting ur time.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dave said:

after this lockdown

https://www.mind.org.uk/donate

Mind don't accept money from gambling associations as some mental health can be caused through gambling. 

Sorry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Quite happy to do the kneecap smashing if you have any vacancies

Get in the queue buddy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

Mind don't accept money from gambling associations as some mental health can be caused through gambling. 

Sorry

Whilst I kind of see their point surely any money donated would help those who have severe mental health problems due to gambling?! Appreciate we are predominantly a gambling community but also have the non gambling community! 🤷‍♂️ 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chrissy_M said:

Whilst I kind of see their point surely any money donated would help those who have severe mental health problems due to gambling?! Appreciate we are predominantly a gambling community but also have the non gambling community! 🤷‍♂️ 

It's a massive double standard.

Very similar to museums who are protecting historical items but accept donations and sponsorships from the likes of BP.

It brings a lot of attention they dont want.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now