Sign in to follow this  
Chrissy_M

Line of duty (don't open if you don't want spoilers!)

Anyone else massively disappointed with last nights finale? 

I mean really, Buckles! All that time and he was the 'last man'?? Just seemed like a total waste of what could have been an epic end with Osborne finally getting his comeuppance which goes back to season 1... 

Not sure why Carmichael wasn't involved more at the end plus who signed the form for Jo's release (obviously forged but by whom!?, was Lomax involved?) 

Anyway, rant over!! 😂 😂 

• Agree 1

I don’t understand why there was such an obsession with this show. If you want to get engrossed in stories of police corruption just pick up the paper. 

1 hour ago, Chrissy_M said:

I mean really, Buckles! All that time and he was the 'last man'?? Just seemed like a total waste of what could have been an epic end with Osborne finally getting his comeuppance which goes back to season 1... 

Not sure why Carmichael wasn't involved more at the end plus who signed the form for Jo's release (obviously forged but by whom!?, was Lomax involved?) 

Anyway, rant over!! 😂😂 

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Always the words you dreaded to here as a kid but its exactly how I feel.

The one plus point may be it's left an opening for a series 7 as there are enough unanswered questions to make a 7th.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chrissy_M said:

Anyway, rant over!! 😂😂 

Myself and the mrs were disappointed with it. But like i said to her, whenever something long running comes to an end, it is very rare to get a decent ending to a TV series. Out of all the collections I own, only a few have ended well (House, Sharpe, True Blood, West Wing, OZ etc. all had decent final episodes). The majority are awful endings (Lost, Sopranos,Game of Thrones, Dexter). 

I think a lot of it is done because they dont know if the series will get a reboot at some point (Lost was shit because it was originally only meant to be two seasons long and they had to stretch it). Dexter was meant to have a better ending; they changed it and now its getting a new series this year. Keeping the characters alive etc. gives them a decent paycheck in the future if it comes back. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Myself and the mrs were disappointed with it. But like i said to her, whenever something long running comes to an end, it is very rare to get a decent ending to a TV series. Out of all the collections I own, only a few have ended well (House, Sharpe, True Blood, West Wing, OZ etc. all had decent final episodes). The majority are awful endings (Lost, Sopranos,Game of Thrones, Dexter). 

I think a lot of it is done because they dont know if the series will get a reboot at some point (Lost was shit because it was originally only meant to be two seasons long and they had to stretch it). Dexter was meant to have a better ending; they changed it and now its getting a new series this year. Keeping the characters alive etc. gives them a decent paycheck in the future if it comes back. 

Yeah same mate hugely disappointed. Sometimes it feels like they are running out of ideas after 6 series.

Looking forward to Dexter when new season starts but again the last couple of series ended tamely. I just hope the long wait is worth it.The fourth series was by far the best.

15 hours ago, Gkell727 said:

I don’t understand why there was such an obsession with this show. If you want to get engrossed in stories of police corruption just pick up the paper. 

not all incidents are public otherwise every newspaper would be filled of police corruption, anyone with a brain knows police are corrupt on a bigger scale than actually presented to the in the media/to the public.

look at this recent shocking from a '' firearms officer '' trust that guy with a gun? no lol..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14751326/shocking-moment-police-officer-punches-puppy/

9 hours ago, Kev40 said:

Yeah same mate hugely disappointed. Sometimes it feels like they are running out of ideas after 6 series.

Looking forward to Dexter when new season starts but again the last couple of series ended tamely. I just hope the long wait is worth it.The fourth series was by far the best.

I think they should have left dexter alone mate. It wont be anywhere near as good as the first few series.

I would have preferred a spin off with Hannah (the other serial killer/Dexter's bit on the side) with a crossover/cameo by dexter

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kev40 said:

Series 4 must’ve been the one with John Lithgow then?

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, andywilliams1187 said:

I think they should have left dexter alone mate. It wont be anywhere near as good as the first few series.

I would have preferred a spin off with Hannah (the other serial killer/Dexter's bit on the side) with a crossover/cameo by dexter

I loved Dexter and given I’m very much a bookworm it certainly had me watching till the birds were tweeting early hours!

The ending was such an anticlimax so hope hoping for more this time around 

20 hours ago, Kev40 said:

Series four was very gripping! Agreed, can’t wait to see what’s next

Watched the last season over the last 24 hours, slightly disappointed with ending, definately thought there would be a big twist, oh well. 

D161B69B-6B0B-4CA1-A562-1921BF5C1645.jpeg.5ffbd72c17f62e21cf5d0f1b913e770a.jpeg

I keep hearing the term Bent coppers, I assume this is what it means....