Coming soon, a few crazy months playing in private cash games.

ColourMeUp

1 hour ago, Luke_B_123 said:

1/200 jesus christ 

I panic anything over 1/2! But I guess it all balances itself out. 

Insane how you started at (80k) and now you've got 300k+ after lockdown. These people must be awful and fairly unlucky!! 

Yes, swings and roundabouts. 

Poker is a game of small edges, if you get your money in 55/45 every time you'll be printing 💵 in the long run, there's really not that much luck tbh, short term variance sure, but if you make the correct mathematical play in the longterm you'll be in profit. Lots of discipline required to not tilt and have a strong mental game. 

• Keeemon 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andywilliams1187
10 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

The game has officially finished, write up coming imminently! 

DId they get bored mate? Hope you managed a decent cashout overall

Little cash game bomb pot last night

image.thumb.png.cdd75982f890641aefb4f8a259ff0cb5.png

Edited by andywilliams1187

3 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

DId they get bored mate? Hope you managed a decent cashout overall

Little cash game bomb pot last night

image.thumb.png.cdd75982f890641aefb4f8a259ff0cb5.png

One of them lost interest, other one is back playing live games now, don't think the other 2 fancied playing 3/4 handed.

Haha, looks like you scooped both boards, must be nice! Is that a private game? 

We've been playing a lot of plo6 and I compared to plo4/5 I think I'm slightly down, hard game to win at in the long run, so much variance! 

• 2 weeks later...

So... Start of the year I get a phone call from a friend asking if I was interested in playing in a private game with some business men and a pro on an app.

I was slightly dubious at first as I've heard a lot of horror stories around apps and people not getting paid out etc, but I was convinced eventually that everything was legit and decided it was too good of an opportunity to turn down. 

I've played poker for almost 20 years on a professional and semi professional basis and tbh my usual stakes were £2/£5 blinds/£500 buy ins. I'd played higher stakes in the past but nothing too crazy.

The previous year I'd played the world series of poker online at GG poker and although I'd had a below average series tournaments wise (Off the top of my head, I'd played around $70k worth of tournament buyins and cashed for $48k) I'd had an exceptionally good run in the cash games (roughly $150k in profit) So I decided that taking £50k and taking a 10 buyin shot at a chance to win some serious money would deffo be worth it.

In the first session we played after 3 hours I was in for 35k of my initial 50k outlay, regretting life, running bad and not playing great because I was nervous about the stakes, I finally made a hand (albeit a top pair with a meh kicker and decided to go with it, thankfully he'd flopped bottom pair, turned a flush draw and was bluffing, from then on I hardly lost a session. 

Screenshot_20210519_103431.jpg

Screenshot_20210519_102349.jpg

• Keeemon 1

Sadly I dont have loads of screen shots from the games as aside from hands that I screenshot to send to friends I didn't think about the potential of making a thread about it once it was all over. 

At the start we played a lot of nl, £25/£50/£5000 buy ins, but after a while we moved on to plo where the action intesified. 

After a month, my £50k had grown to £300k. 

Once the plo started I went from £300k to £1.4m in around a month and a half. 

In the hand below I actually have a not great hand, a pair of aces, but no suits and bad side cards, ended up all in v KKQQ and winning an almost 400k pot. 

Screenshot_20210519_103332.jpg

• Good Luck! 1

Going to update more over coming week, takes a while to edit all the screen shots and make sure no names are visible etc, i have permission to write about it all as long as none of the players are able to be identified. 

Next part I'm going to write about is playing Ofc/pineapple for ridiculous stakes, 1k and 2k per point, hopefully I'll have it up within the next week.

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Take your 1.4m and run for the hills. Lady luck was with you all the way there but she has a nasty habit of fucking off quickstyle. Very well done.

Not finished yet, ended up with almost double that, but I'll go into it all further on. Tbh I had a fair chunk of debt (mostly mortgages and credit cards, plus a small amount of business loans that I'd built up over years) , so after clearing off mortgages etc and helping some close family members out I have a good chunk left but certainly not enough to retire on. 

• Facepalm! 2
  • Good Luck! 4

38 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Not finished yet, ended up with almost double that, but I'll go into it all further on. Tbh I had a fair chunk of debt (mostly mortgages and credit cards, plus a small amount of business loans that I'd built up over years) , so after clearing off mortgages etc and helping some close family members out I have a good chunk left but certainly not enough to retire on. 

2.8 million !!! Fucking hell's bells.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, ColourMeUp said:

2.8 mill its party time at @ColourMeUp:partying_face:

• Love 1

3 hours ago, ColourMeUp said:

Give us a tenner 🤣🤣🤣 i joke, I only accept 50s. Amazing run bud, proper once in a life time opportunity and how it ran out. Well done.

On a semi serious note, maybe turn your pms or something off for a while or dont go too much into numbers. There's tons of sob stories and leaches out there who will chance their arm, worst case it will just be annoying.

• Keeemon 1

3 hours ago, ColourMeUp said:

Going to update more over coming week, takes a while to edit all the screen shots and make sure no names are visible etc, i have permission to write about it all as long as none of the players are able to be identified. 

Next part I'm going to write about is playing Ofc/pineapple for ridiculous stakes, 1k and 2k per point, hopefully I'll have it up within the next week.

Hellmuth loves the pineapple game, read his biography and he mentions it a bit. Think he even created an app you can play it on, if its not the one you used.

• Keeemon 1

22 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Give us a tenner 🤣🤣🤣 i joke, I only accept 50s. Amazing run bud, proper once in a life time opportunity and how it ran out. Well done.

On a semi serious note, maybe turn your pms or something off for a while or dont go too much into numbers. There's tons of sob stories and leaches out there who will chance their arm, worst case it will just be annoying.

Yeah I should maybe add a bit of context, not really some rags to riches story, I've done OK in life business wise and investing, especially over the last few years, but for sure a life changing amount of money to make over a short period of time.

Haha, people can try their luck via pm, they won't be getting f all, I believe in working hard not begging for hand outs. 

20 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Hellmuth loves the pineapple game, read his biography and he mentions it a bit. Think he even created an app you can play it on, if its not the one you used.

I actually learnt to play pineapple on the app he created years ago! 

We didn't play on that app specifically, not sure if it's still running tbh! 

Tbh the pineapple section is the bit where I have the most screen shots from because it's a relatively slower game than nl or plo, so a lot of the time you're sat there for up to a minute waiting for someone to set their hand etc. 

I have a cool screen shot of one of my favourite hands I had, I was in fantasy land (ofc bonus rounds for the noobs) and was able to set a straight flush at the bottom, a full house in the middle and aces up top. Not the best hand points wise I've ever had, but one of my opponents fouled his hand, the other one had a relatively weak hand and I scooped both of them for a profit of £106k in one hand 😁

• Keeemon 3

It wouldn't be fair to just show all the winning hands and big pots, so to balance it out I have a fair few big losses to post as well, most memorable hand was playing 5card plo, I had Ace, ace, ten, ten, King, with the ace ten of hearts and the king ten of spades. 

The flop came Ace, Jack, 3 with two spades. Long story short I ended up all in vs one of the business men who had Jack, Jack, something something with 2 spades. 

I had top three of a kind aces and the nut flush draw, he had three of a kind Jack's and an inferior flush draw, result, I thought. 

Turn was a blank, river... JACK, fml, was around 125k pot. 

And I should add to this, before anyone gets excited and blows their rent/mortgage payment on a poker game...

Poker is about game selection, put basically, play with people who are worse than you, especially if you're going to play for stakes where the money matters to you.

The majority of online poker games these days are filled with decent pros, even at the low stakes. As the old saying goes, if you can't spot the sucker at the table within the first 15 minutes, it's probably you 😂 Cheesy, but true. 

27 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

And I should add to this, before anyone gets excited and blows their rent/mortgage payment on a poker game...

Poker is about game selection, put basically, play with people who are worse than you, especially if you're going to play for stakes where the money matters to you.

The majority of online poker games these days are filled with decent pros, even at the low stakes. As the old saying goes, if you can't spot the sucker at the table within the first 15 minutes, it's probably you 😂 Cheesy, but true. 

I assume that you got comfortable with the game as time went on because you said the stakes at the beginning made you a little nervous.   Once you got ahead  were you more relaxed even as the stakes got bigger because you knew you had the edge  in your favour ?

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I assume that you got comfortable with the game as time went on because you said the stakes at the beginning made you a little nervous.   Once you got ahead  were you more relaxed even as the stakes got bigger because you knew you had the edge  in your favour ?

Yeah the previous biggest cash game I'd played was £10/£25, and that was only a handful of times. 

Was nervous at the start for sure, but once I'd played for a week or so (we were playing every night) and I'd figured everyone out I settled down. 

After a month or so I'd withdrawn a fair chunk of profit and was  super comfortable playing those stakes as I was effectively freerolling the game, at that point I decided to press the action a bit further in terms of raising the stakes and playing more aggressively. 

So yes, after realising I had quite a sizeable edge and being not as financially constricted helped massively 😁

• Keeemon 2