Magic Mirror You Little Beauty

Player1173

1 hour ago, Player1173 said:

I'm into Carp fishing mostly mate, just got some new alarms and a pod. Need a few bits and pieces tackle wise, and a new kettle! 

Nice what alarms you getting? I do all types of fishing but do have carp kit too and I have used the ATTS alarms for years and they are bulletproof well worth a look for on ebay. 

19 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Nice what alarms you getting? I do all types of fishing but do have carp kit too and I have used the ATTS alarms for years and they are bulletproof well worth a look for on ebay. 

I was really tempted by the ATTS, remember a guy fishing next to be once had them and spoke highly. I went abit cheaper and got some Soniks, even came with a free bivvy light which was a nice touch. Haven't used yet but their pretty decent to be fair. Need some new bobbins now as well, if you have any recommendations? Stow are like 25 each, seems a rip off for abit of plastic on a  chain ha. 

Just now, Player1173 said:

Haha you can't call yourself a fisherman without a kettle, its the law! 

I am a fisherman bro, no kettle, I do however keep a cheeky hipflask in the pocket of my barbour jacket.

No carp fishing for ole blacko, trout and salmon only.

3 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

I was really tempted by the ATTS, remember a guy fishing next to be once had them and spoke highly. I went abit cheaper and got some Soniks, even came with a free bivvy light which was a nice touch. Haven't used yet but their pretty decent to be fair. Need some new bobbins now as well, if you have any recommendations? Stow are like 25 each, seems a rip off for abit of plastic on a  chain ha. 

The ATTS are not cheap but I really don't look after my gear and after several years of abuse they just keep working even after some of them have been in a lake! I use the Gardener bug indicators in the small size the clip on them is perfect for all types of fishing, slack line or tight as the clip allows you to keep them attached to the line like a stow or like a standard indicator. And takle prices are outrageous hence I always go second hand. 🙂

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I am a fisherman bro, no kettle, I do however keep a cheeky hipflask in the pocket of my barbour jacket.

Cant go wrong with a hipflask full of spiced rum. But if there was actually any decent carp fishing in Scotland you would def have a camo kettle @Blacko 🙂 

I am am envious of the game fishing in Scotland though I must say. Are you a heathen who uses worms or are you a gent that will only flyfish @Blacko

8 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Cant go wrong with a hipflask full of spiced rum. But if there was actually any decent carp fishing in Scotland you would def have a camo kettle @Blacko 🙂 

I am am envious of the game fishing in Scotland though I must say. Are you a heathen who uses worms or are you a gent that will only flyfish @Blacko

Spoiled for choice up here mate. I've fly fished the Spey, mackerel fishing at Loch Long before heading for the congers at night on Lock Goyle, Spinning for salmon in Lockerbie to taking disabled folk to the nearest fish farm using powerbait LOL.

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Spoiled for choice up here mate. I've fly fished the Spey, mackerel fishing at Loch Long before heading for the congers at night on Lock Goyle, Spinning for salmon in Lockerbie to taking disabled folk to the nearest fish farm using powerbait LOL.

The disabled folk must have enjoyed themselves 🙂 Have always wanted to get involved with something where I could introduce people to fishing and how much fun it is so good on you for doing it mate. 

I want to head up there sometime for the pike fishing though so any tips as to where to head as I have caught plenty of fish in the UK and as far afield as the carp in canary isles but have never fished in Scotland. @Blacko

12 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

The disabled folk must have enjoyed themselves 🙂 Have always wanted to get involved with something where I could introduce people to fishing and how much fun it is so good on you for doing it mate. 

I want to head up there sometime for the pike fishing though so any tips as to where to head as I have caught plenty of fish in the UK and as far afield as the carp in canary isles but have never fished in Scotland. @Blacko

Usually the game fisherman will kill Pike if they catch them as their seen as predators, I personally refuse to do so. There is enormous Pike in Loch Lomond, I have seen monsters pulled out of there. It's also a beautiful place to visit if you plan on bringing someone with you.

19 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Usually the game fisherman will kill Pike if they catch them as their seen as predators, I personally refuse to do so. There is enormous Pike in Loch Lomond, I have seen monsters pulled out of there. It's also a beautiful place to visit if you plan on bringing someone with you.

@Blacko Lomond has been on my must visit list for many years but I was put off by reports of the Pike being culled. I have visited Scotland for gigs (Morrissey in Edinburgh was special!) just never fished there.

8 hours ago, Blacko said:

Ahh a fluff chucked hey ha! I'm very envious, would really like too give game fishing a go, there's unfortunately nowhere to go in my neck of the woods. Really like the appeal though. That hip flask sounds a good plan, cant beat a little tipple when on the bank. 

8 hours ago, salfordlad said:

The ATTS are not cheap but I really don't look after my gear and after several years of abuse they just keep working even after some of them have been in a lake! I use the Gardener bug indicators in the small size the clip on them is perfect for all types of fishing, slack line or tight as the clip allows you to keep them attached to the line like a stow or like a standard indicator. And takle prices are outrageous hence I always go second hand. 🙂

Yeah prices can be nuts. Seems to be more about branding these days. The bug indicators look good, just checked them out on YouTube, well priced as well so think I'll go for them, thanks for the recommendation!