Man U v Leicester

salfordlad

Anyone watching this FA cup tie? Shocking first half from united I cannot remember seeing us pass the ball so poorly. We are lucky to be level and it is so clear to see what a difference Fernandes makes when he is playing. Hopefully see Fernandes and Mctominey on for Matic and Van de beek early on in the second half otherwise we aint winning this one!

Martial, Greenwood and van de Beek were so lazy in that first half in particular. No closing down, no desire, it seems you literally need Fernandes on the pitch just to motivate them to actually run and pressure the ball. Martial is beyond frustrating as he is so talented but he literally strolls around the pitch like a lost sheep. I don't think Leicester even played well, United were just abysmal. Why the feck is Ole -playing the 2 big lump centrebacks that accelerate like tug boats against all that pace too, if Bailly isn't fit throw in Tuanzebe or play Shaw centrally. Don't really understand why he rested Fernandes and Shaw in particular, you shouldn't be resting your best players against a good team at that stage of a competition. 

5 minutes ago, Denman said:

Martial, Greenwood and van de Beek were so lazy in that first half in particular. No closing down, no desire, it seems you literally need Fernandes on the pitch just to motivate them to actually run and pressure the ball. Martial is beyond frustrating as he is so talented but he literally strolls around the pitch like a lost sheep. I don't think Leicester even played well, United were just abysmal. Why the feck is Ole -playing the 2 big lump centrebacks that accelerate like tug boats against all that pace too, if Bailly isn't fit throw in Tuanzebe or play Shaw centrally. Don't really understand why he rested Fernandes and Shaw in particular, you shouldn't be resting your best players against a good team at that stage of a competition. 

Totally agree with everything you said it is so irritating to see the apparent lack of desire in the team when Fernandes is not playing. The loose passing was what really stood out for me today though seeing us unable to string together more than 2 passes before giving the ball away. Also I think Matic is a liability in matches like this.