1200 Celtic v Rangers

howfin

While this game means nothing in the way of the league, im hoping it still will be a good watch for a Sunday lunchtime.

Rangers got dumped out of the Europa League this week after getting 2 red cards, one for kicking the keeper in the face and the other for persistent fouling. Along with that, there was the drama of racial abuse against Kamara that looks to have been swept under the rug by uefa. As such, its interesting what this will have done to morale over the last few days.

Generally it would hard to look at anything other than a Rangers win at the moment but if anything is going to cause some disturbance it would have been their Europa league game mid week, so its 'possible' this might be "closer" than one would expect. This game has got a lot of pressure for Celtic to perform after Lennons departure to show the fans we have something to work with. While Celtic havent been performing at the level expected of us there have been a few signs recently that there is some improvement in the works.

Celtic: Bain, Kenny, Welsh, Ajer, Laxalt, Brown, McGregor, Turnbull, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard
Rangers: McGregor, Balogun, Helander, Goldson, Barisic, Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Hagi

Both sides are starting pretty strong lineups which was to be expected even though the league is over. Parkhead has also been completly ringed off with a steel perimeter to stop any gathering of fans like we saw a few weeks ago at Ibrox and the police precsene is ridiculous around the East end. Again its hard to see past a Rangers win and even the odds on a Celtic win arn't worth putting up, so perhaps just a small stake multi for the sake of it: Celtic, 2-1, Edu to score first @ 50/1 for interest only.

Ultimatly though this is realistically a watch-only brief. Hope itll be a good game.

• Keeemon 3

4 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Slavia Prague ultras unveiled the sick banner

Hope Arsenal destroy these racist fuckers, disgusting Prague wankers.

Holy shit did prague fans post that this week? Wow. I mean they can never prove what he said on the field to Kamara due to lacking sound evidence but its fairly obvious it was something beyond "swearing". Id say its unlikely that they pose any real threat to Arsenal, they didnt play that well at all against Rangers, and Rangers underperformed, so its a soft draw for Arsenal in my book

3 minutes ago, howfin said:

Holy shit did prague fans post that this week? Wow. I mean they can never prove what he said on the field to Kamara due to lacking sound evidence but its fairly obvious it was something beyond "swearing". Id say its unlikely that they pose any real threat to Arsenal, they didnt play that well at all against Rangers, and Rangers underperformed, so its a soft draw for Arsenal in my book

He ran the length of the pitch to spew his racist bile into the ear of the smallest black guy on the field (you can see the look of shock in Kamaras face), Goldson runs over to ask what happened and explodes with rage within seconds. Full time and there is a riot going on outside the dressing rooms). Kamara states afterwards that the Prague player referred to him as a "monkey" .

UEFA really can't do much about this as there is no concrete proof as the Prague player covered his mouth, I should imagine Arsenals team talk will be relatively simple when they meet. Will have to borrow Hackz Arsenal top for that game.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I watched the game and it was evident he said something pretty bad to get them stirred up like that. If he was just going to 'swear' he wouldnt of covered his mouth like he did. I can easily see Brown doing something dirty today. Its probably his last old firm game in the first team, unless we continue to make the same mistakes as this season of course.

Interesting first half. Rangers wernt in the game at all and Celtic should be 2-0 up if Edu didnt try to simulate a penalty and just hit the fucking ball first time. Instead, as usual, another Celtic mistake costs us a goal. The keepers have kept it 1-1 so far with both bain and mcgregor pulling out decent saves just before the half. Looks set to be a good second half.

I can never find the SPL on Flashscores. It is right down there between the Suffolk Public House Western League, Slovenian U21 Amateur Womens League and the South London Police 5 a side League.