Rocknrolla

Cheltenham........what we having????

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, howfin said:

Pym 16/1 EW in the 1430 on day 1 looks a good bet to me.

If I remember, only horse with Cheltenham form in the last year in that race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Any decent confident money behind that Id like to see it please 

PM or other 

The fact its going for the Gold Cup is a plus mate. It would have pissed the national hunt chase had it gone there so they must have had a good feeling about going for it. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Douvan said:

The fact its going for the Gold Cup is a plus mate. It would have pissed the national hunt chase had it gone there so they must have had a good feeling about going for it. 

Then!

Jerry Maguire Show Me The Money GIF - JerryMaguire ShowMeTheMoney TomCruise GIFs

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Douvan said:

Altior out.

nicky doing a nicky 

all up to both festivals including last year saying hes training well and then pulls him out last min, bet a few ante post backers are pissed I would be

chacuns price hasnt moved at all tho 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Even though I think Appreciate it will win I've stuck my tenner on Metier purely on the basis of the prices and the fact I will get it back if it loses with the Skybet offer but I intend to stick Appreciate It in a double with one of the bankers as cover.

My free dart is on Metier too

  • Keeeeemon! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

nicky doing a nicky 

all up to both festivals including last year saying hes training well and then pulls him out last min, bet a few ante post backers are pissed I would be

chacuns price hasnt moved at all tho 

Id never do ante post ever again,  it took years to learn and it can make the bookies good cash even before a horse has run 

Ante post is a bet in it's-self 

The fix is easy but the bookies make too much money from them - You should be paying for A RUN  - If horse doesn't RUN then money back 

I mind getting barred from a shop for doing a bet as my horse refused to race,  but I had another in the race and it won,  they had up at the end a Rule 4 but also had up the correct amount of runners ran 

PMSL 

You can't have fecking both 

 

Edited by Bangers
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ones mentioning vintage clouds as a E/W. 2nd two times out and had a wind operation but this could ever swing both ways . He runs well or runs in the opposite position. Who knows

  • Get In There! 1
  • Good Luck! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are going to be so many "good things" this week that if  most of them go in the bookies could be hammered with multiples.

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

There are going to be so many "good things" this week that if  most of them go in the bookies could be hammered with multiples.

As you'll know that does however get said most years 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Supreme, in the past 13 months on soft or good to soft, only 2 horses have run at Cheltenham. Of course Appreciate it came 2nd last year and For Pleausure won a grade 2 in November.

 

Soaring Glory, For Pleasure, Appreciate It and Grumpy Charley are the only ones to win going left handed in the last year.

 

Soaring Glory and For Pleasure have won class 1 races of 2 miles with Appreciate It finishing 2nd. 

 

Appreciate It would be the first 7 year old winner for around 30 years.

 

Appreciate It, Metier, Soaring Glory and Grumpy Charley won last time out and 9 out of 10 winners won last time out.

 

Appreciate It, Metier and For Pleasure have won a graded hurdle race within the last year and the last 9 winners have won a graded hurdle race.

 

Thats all the Cheltenham form i have for that race.

  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangers said:

As you'll know that does however get said most years 

Yes but this year their do not seem to me to be too many quality horses in opposition 

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

Yes but this year their do not seem to me to be too many quality horses in opposition 

Very strange unique year Phil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arkle

Last 10 winners have been 6 or 7...Allmankind is 5 and the rest are 6 or 7.

13 of 14 winners have all raced previously at Cheltenham...they've all raced there before with the exception of Numitor.

Last 11 winners won last time out...2 have won last time out, Shishkin and Allmankind.

With the trend being toward 6/7 year olds, it seems Shiskin is a good tthing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champion Hurdle

11 of 13 winners have already won a Grade 1...Epatante, Sharjah, Honeysuckle, Abacadabras, Silver Streak and Saldier have all won grade 1's.

Only 4 mares have ever won...Honeysuckle and Epatante are the only amres in the race.

Only 4 winners this century have not won last time out...Honeysuckle, Silver Streak, Not So Sleepy and Goshen won last time out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Very strange unique year Phil 

another thing i am noticing is that the fields seem  to be on the lower side and I guess some of that could be people not entering horses that might struggle  due to the fact that they cannot attend the meeting.    

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

another thing i am noticing is that the fields seem  to be on the lower side and I guess some of that could be people not entering horses that might struggle  due to the fact that they cannot attend the meeting.    

Yes Id say that's probably the case 

It's about the horses at the end of the day but a good crowd is also part of the recipe,  that ingredient is a great loss  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit annoyed as I done five ante post bets, two of them being next destination for the Brown Advisory and Roksana for the Stayers. Neither are running in them races now 👎

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Yes Id say that's probably the case 

It's about the horses at the end of the day but a good crowd is also part of the recipe,  that ingredient is a great loss  

I agree about the crowd but  I meant owners who get free passes when they have  runners and night just enter one  so they can attend.  Under current covid rules they cannot attend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caldracula said:

Bit annoyed as I done five ante post bets, two of them being next destination for the Brown Advisory and Roksana for the Stayers. Neither are running in them races now 👎

I'd never do one again mate .it's hard enough without guessing what they are entered into

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

I'd never do one again mate .it's hard enough without guessing what they are entered into

I thought when Thyme hill pulled out of the stayers that Roksana would more or likely to there. And next destination is going for further due to the ground drying out but when I looked at the time net office had it down as rain for the week so thought it would be ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I agree about the crowd but  I meant owners who get free passes when they have  runners and night just enter one  so they can attend.  Under current covid rules they cannot attend 

Yeh I got you fella 

I'm still a bit surprised it's on 

As someone said when all the Rangers fans were going nuts in George square in Glasgow ......................Is football essential ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

@Rocknrolla I've got one .discordantley 

miller plotjob 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now