WTF! Moments

Bangers

2 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Read WTF moments and mistakenly thought that you had posted a winner.

Pure resentment  

And to think I was considering getting a tattoo of you on my chest riding a unicorn 

Edited by Bangers

@philinvicta

The impact noise from a crash is very distinctive, my daughter was in a nasty crash last year and had to be cut free from her car,  was just outside Blackpool on the M6 - all 3 lanes were sitting stationary and she was in lane 3,  guy just wasn't paying attention and never even braked.

She had front and rear dashcams fitted but the fella held up his hands straight away,  I've asked her a few times to see the footage but she's said no 

On 09/03/2021 at 16:21, Bangers said:

Pretty sure I had fired up a thread of this nature a good while ago but can't find it.

Feel free to contribute 👍 

I used to work in an aluminium smelter, never seen anyone tip a pot though, which was lucky, because they used hand controls on the tapping and alumina cranes and therefore would be dead. 

I did see a cell burn through and that leaked a lot of molten aluminium, and the shift metallurgist nearly got sacked.

37 minutes ago, RB91 said:

I used to work in an aluminium smelter, never seen anyone tip a pot though, which was lucky, because they used hand controls on the tapping and alumina cranes and therefore would be dead. 

I did see a cell burn through and that leaked a lot of molten aluminium, and the shift metallurgist nearly got sacked.

Can be very dangerous places as you'll know fella 

Material like that does not feck about 

38 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Can be very dangerous places as you'll know fella 

Material like that does not feck about 

Nah it’s rather warm. Horrendous working conditions if you’re trying to fix a fault on a crane and you’ve got on splashproof gear, hard hat, glasses, mask and the lot on... in summer ambient temperatures at night can be 45-50 deg C. Sweating buckets and you can’t see 😂

48 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Nah it’s rather warm. Horrendous working conditions if you’re trying to fix a fault on a crane and you’ve got on splashproof gear, hard hat, glasses, mask and the lot on... in summer ambient temperatures at night can be 45-50 deg C. Sweating buckets and you can’t see 😂

Yeh my old man was in the steel works when I was a young kid,  I ended up in the same place around 1995 when I was fitting roller shutters,  one of the rear large loading doors was buckled and some twat attempted to raise it with a forklift and totally fecked it,  when we were on the inside taking the shutter guides off etc the heat was immense, it was also winter with snow about, my face and neck at times just couldn't take it and we were a good few feet away from the main furnace,  feck that full time. 

Edited by Bangers

On 09/03/2021 at 16:21, Bangers said:

Pretty sure I had fired up a thread of this nature a good while ago but can't find it.

Feel free to contribute 👍 

Worked as a furnaces when I was younger and have experienced this 1st hand 3/4 bogey of white hot cast iron which i was pouring got tipped as a moulder spilled some metal which exploded on the cold floor behind me causing me to panic and let the thing go , luckily as I let out the roar to scatter everyone around managed to scatter and no one got hurt .

Fuckin scary stuff mate 

2 minutes ago, Peter clark said:

Fuckin scary stuff mate 

OH Defo 

If things go wrong it goes wrong in a spectacular way 

Pal of mine worked in some shady foundry and tells some great stories,  he was always nightshift and said one night his feet were roasting,  good reason for that,  mans boots were on fire 

2 minutes ago, Bangers said:

OH Defo 

If things go wrong it goes wrong in a spectacular way 

Pal of mine worked in some shady foundry and tells some great stories,  he was always nightshift and said one night his feet were roasting,  good reason for that,  mans boots were on fire 

Haha  apart from that experience  was the funniest  place I have ever worked ,  great laugh but dangerous as fk when hot metal hits a cold or wet surface its like new year in Edinburgh,  but aye a could tell u some stories too mate , a got out out after a year as the conditions was like working in the dark ages .

• Keeemon 1