I Just Want A Job

PhantomJoker

Hi all,

I know this is a gambling forum and trust me, I’ve been down this dirt road. My gambling story is that I lost a lot in small deposits for a long time. Anyway, thankfully I’m past that. But I just wanted to talk for a little bit and speak my mind. I’ve just turned 27. 

Last year, thanks to COVID, I lost both my business and my steady job. My steady job was a customer service assistant at Sainsbury’s. I had been working the job for a long time and not to toot my own horn but I was pretty good at it. For my business, I rented an airbnb out. That started a few months before the pandemic. It was going really well and I thought it was going to be the beginning of my future.

Covid took it all.

There is more to it but the guests in my airbnb obviously dropped and I had to leave my customer service job because the stress of shielding a vulnerable person became too much. Especially given the public’s blatant and aggressive disregard for the rules at the time.

Cut to right now. Thankfully, I live with my family but I am so broke. I have been job hunting for a while whilst keeping in mind the vulnerability of my family. As well as my experience in property management and customer service, I am a talented writer, content creator/producer but to be honest, I am grateful to be a very quick learner in everything I try my hand at.

I know this is no job site, but if any of you have any advice. Hell, even if you reached out a hand, I’d probably grab it.

Hope you’re all staying safe.

Kind Regards

Edited by PhantomJoker
  • Chaching! 1

From @andywilliams1187 post

Afternoon all, 

I know its hard out there at the moment - there are a lot of people out of work at the moment or loosing jobs due to the pandemic etc. 

The company I work for (and have done for 2.5 years now) continue to grow and we have a number of oppurtunites available at the moment. If any of these are any interest to you, drop me a PM and I will get a copy of the job description sent over. The company operates all over the UK and we currently manage over 5000 properties (anything from small industrial estates, retail parks, shopping centres to large complex mixed use sites (think Battersea powerstation) etc.) - the roles are a mixture of site based and head office roles. 

If admins dont have an issue with it, I will post an updated vacancies list at the start of every month. 

In full transparency, I am not getting any sort of bonus/incentive for this - we get positions emailed to us every week so thought it would maybe help a couple of people out as i know the job market is pretty shit at the moment. 

Only thing I will say - if you are successful and get to interview stage, dont say "I found out about it as it was advertised on a gambling forum" 🙂

HR Advisor - Manchester
HR Assistant - Birmingham

Arrears Controller - Manchester
Accounts Payable Clerk - Manchester
AP Reconcilliations Team Coordinator - Manchester
Credit Controller - Manchester
Client Accountant - Birmingham
Client Accountant - London

Maintenance Operative - Leeds
Building Manager - Chester
Property Manager - London
Building Supervisor - Slough

Assistant Property Manager - London 
Estate Manager - Southwark
Building Services Electrician - Watford Shopping Centre
Power Platform Developer - London
Caretaker - Bristol

Regional Facilities Manager - London
Sustainability Consultant - London

Security Officer - Part Time - Warrington (Birchwood shopping centre)
Security Officer - Barton Square (5 positions available)
Security Officer - Northwich 
Security Officer - Lakeside (6 positions available)
Night Security Officer - Lakeside (4 positions available)
Security Team Leader - Lakeside

• Puke! 1

3 minutes ago, PureDogToffee said:

From @andywilliams1187 post

Afternoon all, 

I know its hard out there at the moment - there are a lot of people out of work at the moment or loosing jobs due to the pandemic etc. 

The company I work for (and have done for 2.5 years now) continue to grow and we have a number of oppurtunites available at the moment. If any of these are any interest to you, drop me a PM and I will get a copy of the job description sent over. The company operates all over the UK and we currently manage over 5000 properties (anything from small industrial estates, retail parks, shopping centres to large complex mixed use sites (think Battersea powerstation) etc.) - the roles are a mixture of site based and head office roles. 

If admins dont have an issue with it, I will post an updated vacancies list at the start of every month. 

In full transparency, I am not getting any sort of bonus/incentive for this - we get positions emailed to us every week so thought it would maybe help a couple of people out as i know the job market is pretty shit at the moment. 

Only thing I will say - if you are successful and get to interview stage, dont say "I found out about it as it was advertised on a gambling forum" 🙂

HR Advisor - Manchester
HR Assistant - Birmingham

Arrears Controller - Manchester
Accounts Payable Clerk - Manchester
AP Reconcilliations Team Coordinator - Manchester
Credit Controller - Manchester
Client Accountant - Birmingham
Client Accountant - London

Maintenance Operative - Leeds
Building Manager - Chester
Property Manager - London
Building Supervisor - Slough

Assistant Property Manager - London 
Estate Manager - Southwark
Building Services Electrician - Watford Shopping Centre
Power Platform Developer - London
Caretaker - Bristol

Regional Facilities Manager - London
Sustainability Consultant - London

Security Officer - Part Time - Warrington (Birchwood shopping centre)
Security Officer - Barton Square (5 positions available)
Security Officer - Northwich 
Security Officer - Lakeside (6 positions available)
Night Security Officer - Lakeside (4 positions available)
Security Team Leader - Lakeside

Thanks kid.

Guest andywilliams1187
6 hours ago, PhantomJoker said:

Hi all,

I know this is a gambling forum and trust me, I’ve been down this dirt road. My gambling story is that I lost a lot in small deposits for a long time. Anyway, thankfully I’m past that. But I just wanted to talk for a little bit and speak my mind. I’ve just turned 27. 

Last year, thanks to COVID, I lost both my business and my steady job. My steady job was a customer service assistant at Sainsbury’s. I had been working the job for a long time and not to toot my own horn but I was pretty good at it. For my business, I rented an airbnb out. That started a few months before the pandemic. It was going really well and I thought it was going to be the beginning of my future.

Covid took it all.

There is more to it but the guests in my airbnb obviously dropped and I had to leave my customer service job because the stress of shielding a vulnerable person became too much. Especially given the public’s blatant and aggressive disregard for the rules at the time.

Cut to right now. Thankfully, I live with my family but I am so broke. I have been job hunting for a while whilst keeping in mind the vulnerability of my family. As well as my experience in property management and customer service, I am a talented writer, content creator/producer but to be honest, I am grateful to be a very quick learner in everything I try my hand at.

I know this is no job site, but if any of you have any advice. Hell, even if you reached out a hand, I’d probably grab it.

Hope you’re all staying safe.

Kind Regards

Where are you based mate? We have just had the latest vanacy list sent out to us so i can see if there is anything that might be available near you

@PhantomJoker

Tough times but you sound pretty driven and ambitious so things will improve but that will take time, I know you'll not like hearing this but you are still a very young guy ''BUT'' that's a good thing as you still have all it in-front of you.

For now all you can do is keep as focused & positive as you can,  things will improve and when they do I'm sure you'll thrive at whatever adventure comes next.

• Keeemon 2

• 2 months later...

I know this isn’t especially important for anyone besides myself but I thought I might as well update this.

I got a job! I can’t say what it is for obvious reasons but it seems enjoyable from what I have already experienced and has a team of smart, pleasant people.

Thank you all for your collective words of encouragement. Glad I never gave up entirely. Press on, everyone. 

PJ

• Puke! 1
  • Good Luck! 6
  • Keeemon 1

23 minutes ago, PhantomJoker said:

I know this isn’t especially important for anyone besides myself but I thought I might as well update this.

I got a job! I can’t say what it is for obvious reasons but it seems enjoyable from what I have already experienced and has a team of smart, pleasant people.

Thank you all for your collective words of encouragement. Glad I never gave up entirely. Press on, everyone. 

PJ

Well done my friend, hope everything works out well for you. All the best fella 👍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PhantomJoker said:

PJ

Get in mate!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RothRaver said:

I thought the response was quite good but you win @howfin.

FYI I'm not interested in a meal deal that doesn't involve a sweaty sandwich.

He normally gets me in for the sweaty sandwich, but it’s an extra fiver.

1) Find something you enjoy doing 

2) Find a way to make it a business 

3) Work hard first few years 

4) Sit back and reap the rewards 

Even when money isn’t flying in I don’t answer to anyone and have worked from wherever I am for 4 years. Work doesn’t feel like work when you know every penny you make is yours and not the company you work for.

I gave the company i worked for an ultimatum- give me XXX as a salary and make me account manager or I'm off. Naturally they fired me that day. Few months later my business was thriving and I wasn’t tied to a desk. 

• Keeemon 2