TGC Charities February 2021

It's charity time guys, we have a whopping £3,100 for the month and we also need a replacement for the British Lung Foundation from last month as they refused our donation (that's correct, a lung charity refused money during a pandemic that attacks lungs, ie Covid 19). In my opinion that is wrong.

From last month's suggestions we have

Demelza suggested by @Frankos1885 https://www.demelza.org.uk/

Donna Louise by @Stokie1993 https://www.thedonnalouise.org/

FLOOF by @kirsty0312  https://www.fortheloveofourfrenchies.net/about

So I need 1 more and a replacement for the British Lung Foundation, fire away :pistol:

• Puke! 6

Can I recommend Floof French Bulldog rescue, its a rescue I volunteer for please.

They do amazing work with rehabilitation on rescue frenchies that have all types of medical and behavioural dogs that have been abused. 

One of the dogs below we recently helped 

IMG_20210216_175809.jpg

Edited by kirsty0312
  • Puke! 2
  • Keeemon 1

5 hours ago, Stokie1993 said:

Absolute legend! Any charity that turns away money especially in times like theses are a bit silly!! But thanks man! 

Some charities won't want to be connected to anything related to gambling,  it has a stigma for some much the same as alcohol & cigarettes   

• Keeemon 1

11 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

It's charity time guys, we have a whopping £3,100 for the month and we also need a replacement for the British Lung Foundation from last month as they refused our donation (that's correct, a lung charity refused money during a pandemic that attacks lungs, ie Covid 19). In my opinion that is wrong.

From last month's suggestions we have

Demelza suggested by @Frankos1885 https://www.demelza.org.uk/

Donna Louise by @Stokie1993 https://www.thedonnalouise.org/

So I need 1 more and a replacement for the British Lung Foundation, fire away :pistol:

I'll take the flack for this one BUT feel the charity donations should only go to more ''contributing  / established'' members  

53 minutes ago, Bangers said:

I'll take the flack for this one BUT feel the charity donations should only go to more ''contributing  / established'' members  

No flack, just genuine curiosity behind your thinking. 

Why? The money is going to charity not individuals? Or are established members charity recommendations not getting a look in due to unestablished members suggestions?

14 hours ago, kirsty0312 said:

Why? The money is going to charity not individuals? Or are established members charity recommendations not getting a look in due to unestablished members suggestions?

I’ve moaned about this before and @Gkell727 put me in my place. It’s all about the charity and not who suggests it. It wasn’t that long ago no one paid any interest to the charity thread.

Dont see a problem with the charity albeit them being little ugly fuckers.

• Puke! 1

15 hours ago, kirsty0312 said:

The very new members all appear to find the competition threads ''the giveaways''  and now it appears they have found the charity thread ''another giveaway section''

In short,  ALL TAKE,  NO GIVE

• Ha Haa 1

25 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I’ve moaned about this before and @Gkell727 put me in my place. It’s all about the charity and not who suggests it. It wasn’t that long ago no one paid any interest to the charity thread.

Dont see a problem with the charity albeit them being little ugly fuckers.

What dont you moan about lol.

Anyway surely people reading this sort of stuff will be put off commenting altogether, not very nice is it. 

I preferred it when people would email their suggestions in and everyone had the chance to vote. No one knew who suggested them unless the member said so. 

14 minutes ago, Bangers said:

The very new members all appear to find the competition threads ''the giveaways''  and now it appears they have found the charity thread ''another giveaway section''

In short,  ALL TAKE,  NO GIVE

I get your thinking behind the competitors threads. Just not the charity aspect?  Simply because they don't get the money Individually but the charity does, I'm assuming I may be wrong but isn't it registered charities too? So they're not taking anything but suggesting charities. And charities getting money can never be a bad thing, with the few dodgy exceptions. 

• Keeemon 1

12 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

What dont you moan about lol.

Anyway surely people reading this sort of stuff will be put off commenting altogether, not very nice is it. 

I preferred it when people would email their suggestions in and everyone had the chance to vote. No one knew who suggested them unless the member said so. 

I’ve been supportive for every charity on this thread I’ll have you know.

In regards to being a moaner there’s a few on here that’s worse than me.

Your getting a right old fuss bag @Jok3st3r

A88E1524-5181-4241-A3F3-E1721535BFF8.jpeg

Just now, kirsty0312 said:

I get your thinking behind the competitors threads. Just not the charity aspect?  Simply because they don't get the money Individually but the charity does, I'm assuming I may be wrong but isn't it registered charities too? So they're not taking anything but suggesting charities. And charities getting money can never be a bad thing, with the few dodgy exceptions. 

I understand charity money donations should not come with T&C's 

3 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Any charity that refuses a donation are not much of a charity imo, How ridiculous 

There has been a few over the years lad, I think it was just last month the Samaritans knocked it back. Before that it was the hedgehog trust... prickly fuckers 😂

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, Blacko said:

There has been a few over the years lad, I think it was just last month the Samaritans knocked it back. Before that it was the hedgehog trust... prickly fuckers 😂

Thing is that lung charity could have been close to Someone’s heart and they have put it forward just for the “charity” to refuse it. If it was me who put it forward n found out they refused it I would be proper pissed off.

Absolute wankers 

3 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Thing is that lung charity could have been close to Someone’s heart and they have put it forward just for the “charity” to refuse it. If it was me who put it forward n found out they refused it I would be proper pissed off.

Absolute wankers 

The word Gambling can still be a bit taboo