All Sports , Football , Racing , Golf Doubles??

tmh91

I had my  Biggest racing winner on this one back in 2010 , don’t put anywhere near as much on as I did back then, Be 19y old now. The Thirsty Bricky. £150 win @ 5/1with no form to go off just a tip out of News of the world 🗞 What are you’re usual lump bets??

FEC1BF28-B608-426A-BDA8-2016C1EA054F.jpeg

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

16 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

I don't have any strict amount i class as a lump, more of a percentage of what I can (or can't in the past) afford.

If Im winning I'll bet more and vice versa, I'm sure more seasoned and disciplined gamblers like @Bangers or @Denman could chime in, or @therealwintersoldier

Denman's out my league mate 

The difference is Quail eggs and a cheeky red from 63 for dinner over Onion rings and fanta  

• Love 1

Just now, MrUKHackz said:

In that sentence you were the seasoned gambler and denman was the seasoned, disciplined gambler!

Halfway there Sergeant.

I know my lane mate 

Degen commoner with up days and down,  a bread and butter gambler that's more happy standing at Kelso than Royal Ascot 

32 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

I don't have any strict amount i class as a lump, more of a percentage of what I can (or can't in the past) afford.

If Im winning I'll bet more and vice versa, I'm sure more seasoned and disciplined gamblers like @Bangers or @Denman could chime in, or @therealwintersoldier

I stick to £10 doubles/ accas these days. I won roughly 10k online bookies. That’s why I put a few big bets on . Burnt my fingers and cashed about 5.5 in the end. If only you couldn’t reverse withdrawals . I remember I won a lot with a certain Jetbull sports book on a pga golf tournament that they where still taking bets on even though the last hole was played . That sort of luck only comes around once, I can only assume it was a glitch on the software.

Edited by tmh91

1 minute ago, tmh91 said:

I remember I won a lot with a certain Jetbull sports book on a pga golf tournament that they where still taking bets on even though the last hole was played . That sort of luck only comes around once, I can only assume it was a glitch on the software.

Those mistakes usually get detected and the balance adjusted, very lucky there.

I got 600-1 on a golfer once instead of 60-1 thanks to a heads up on here and Bet365 just adjusted the odds on the bet to 10 times less.

I contacted them, spoke to the manager and squeezed them for a paltry £50 bonus I think, it may have been half that and its documented on here somewhere, it was shit anyway as the bet was £50 E/W as I remember with 10 places so I was sure to make a good lay on the exchange. Every time I explained the magnitude of the bet vs what he was offering he said but our terms and conditions blah blah.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, tmh91 said:

I had my  Biggest racing winner on this one back in 2010 , don’t put anywhere near as much on as I did back then, Be 19y old now. The Thirsty Bricky. £150 win @ 5/1with no form to go off just a tip out of News of the world 🗞 What are you’re usual lump bets??

FEC1BF28-B608-426A-BDA8-2016C1EA054F.jpeg

I looked it up and you must have been biting the nails as it never won by much but them's are the races that keep us hooked I guess.

2010 was a great year for racing,  well just IMO 

Imperial Commander won the Gold Cup and Workforce won the Derby then the Arc,  I do love when certain racing pals all jump ship when a horse runs badly and that's what happened with Workforce, he flopped at Ascot at very short odds of 8/11 and Yes I got my fingers burnt badly but all I did after that was back him Anti post for Arc day on 3rd Oct 2010 

That moment for me anyway will never be beat,  everything for some weird reason all just fell into place,  a very unique racing moment that I can't ever see being beat.

Lovely time, Lovely horse, cracking race with a cracking ride that provided a very special memory.

Edited by Bangers
  • Keeemon 2

I used to have plenty of luck with Mark Johnston horses at Goodwood before he was well known to be top dog there and had a few chunky bets. And also when I was popping my cherries used to have a monthly subscription to In The Know which gave some great advice notably Kings Best to win the 2000 Guineas before it had run at 33/1

Not lumped on ought for ages. Think my last big bet was Rock Eagle at Newmarket in 2018!

Don't have the time to study anymore 🙃 

• Keeemon 2

Had a similar thing to you @MrUKHackz however this was on Newcastle playing in either the league cup or FA cup against a shit team. Game went to extra time and it was a draw, in play they mistakenly put Newcastle at 500/1 or something ridiculous. Spread round WhatsApp etc like wildfire. I only had £1 on and got paid but many of the lads didn’t see a penny. 

• Keeemon 1

Had a £10 e/w on Billesdon Brook in the 1000 Guineas a few years back at 100/1. Was on holiday at the time so spent most of it there and then. 

Also had a 4/5 lucky 31 0.25p a leg that paid £400 last cheltenham. Sporting John let me down for 2k+.

I must be a terrible gambler tbh. can't remember many other times i've won over 50x my bet in anything sports wise.

• Keeemon 2