1 hour ago, Cleandries said:

Evening 

I'm a TA day trader for 7yrs now using IG platform, mainly going long or short on the FTSE & sometimes staying with DOW till it's 9pm finish. I read Japanese candle sticks along with ichimoku indicators.

I've tried typing in a few of the above named shares ye have mentioned = Zillow's / SAND etc but nothing comes up on IG.

Do I need to have a different platforms for these?

Until this week I've never shown any interest in cryptocurrencies but after reading of its huge swings lately, I'm thinking it's time I had a dabble.

Im very good at reading Japanese candles , like one of the other lads on this post it's my living.l

So what chart should I look at?

On IG I've got

crypto 10

Bitcoin /+ cash

Ether / bitcoin 

Litecoin 

EOS 

Stella 

Neo 

Let me know & I can let you know whether it's a long or short position etc.

You will need to actually buy and own the coins to be able to trade majority of the altcoins on crypto platforms like binance, coinbase etc.

Glad to see thing are picking up slghtly. Got into this one this evening, already up a little...

AVA/BTC

Bull flag breakout. Breaking above cloud. Tight SL.
Entry: 5300
SL: 4450
TP1: 7430
TP2: 10750

12 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Evening 

I'm a TA day trader for 7yrs now using IG platform, mainly going long or short on the FTSE & sometimes staying with DOW till it's 9pm finish. I read Japanese candle sticks along with ichimoku indicators.

I've tried typing in a few of the above named shares ye have mentioned = Zillow's / SAND etc but nothing comes up on IG.

Do I need to have a different platforms for these?

Until this week I've never shown any interest in cryptocurrencies but after reading of its huge swings lately, I'm thinking it's time I had a dabble.

Im very good at reading Japanese candles , like one of the other lads on this post it's my living.l

So what chart should I look at?

On IG I've got

crypto 10

Bitcoin /+ cash

Ether / bitcoin 

Litecoin 

EOS 

Stella 

Neo 

Let me know & I can let you know whether it's a long or short position etc.

Hi mate, 

Not all brokers allow the same trading pairs; especially if you use a broker who mainly deals in forex pairs. 

I use ICmarkets for my forex trading (and they have started to allow trading on BTC/USD and LTC) but it is important to note that this is not the same as actually buying bitcoin; this is trading the price action against the USD. 

Eaglefx allow some crypto trades (more than ICmarkets) but not sure if they have Neo etc. 

As a day trader, you say that you have a good understanding of candlestick patterns etc so you can apply the same methodology (start at higher time frames to identify patterns, work down to smaller time frames for entry) as you are likley to be scalping more than long term trading. 

The difficulty with trading crypto is that it is a lot more volatile than say the FTSE/Forex Pairs/DXY etc so expect bigger swings and trade with tighter SL's. 

Dont just rely on ichimoku indicator for entry with crypto, look at the cross pairs against the dollar (CAD/Gold/Oil) and the EMA's (espcially 50 and 200 level) to find the most accurate entry points. 

And be careful with spreads/swops as the forex brokers who allow trading of say LTC/USD tend to have big spreads and the swop fee for holding over the weekend is horrendous. BUT they do alow you to trade over the weekend compared to most markets that you will be used to which close on a friday. 

Edited by andywilliams1187

12 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Hi mate, 

Not all brokers allow the same trading pairs; especially if you use a broker who mainly deals in forex pairs. 

I use ICmarkets for my forex trading (and they have started to allow trading on BTC/USD and LTC) but it is important to note that this is not the same as actually buying bitcoin; this is trading the price action against the USD. 

Eaglefx allow some crypto trades (more than ICmarkets) but not sure if they have Neo etc. 

As a day trader, you say that you have a good understanding of candlestick patterns etc so you can apply the same methodology (start at higher time frames to identify patterns, work down to smaller time frames for entry) as you are likley to be scalping more than long term trading. 

The difficulty with trading crypto is that it is a lot more volatile than say the FTSE/Forex Pairs/DXY etc so expect bigger swings and trade with tighter SL's. 

Dont just rely on ichimoku indicator for entry with crypto, look at the cross pairs against the dollar (CAD/Gold/Oil) and the EMA's (espcially 50 and 200 level) to find the most accurate entry points. 

And be careful with spreads/swops as the forex brokers who allow trading of say LTC/USD tend to have big spreads and the swop fee for holding over the weekend is horrendous. BUT they do alow you to trade over the weekend compared to most markets that you will be used to which close on a friday. 

Thanks Andy 

Ohh yes I'm well aware of the volitility especially in the shorter time frames. 

To me they're all looking fine for the short term, where healthy sideways breathers are required before the next legs up. 

I watch till end of week (end of trading month) & decide over weekend.

Just now, Cleandries said:

Thanks Andy 

Ohh yes I'm well aware of the volitility especially in the shorter time frames. 

To me they're all looking fine for the short term, where healthy sideways breathers are required before the next legs up. 

I watch till end of week (end of trading month) & decide over weekend.

No worries mate - crypto is a strange one but all indiciators are showing BTC reaching decent highs this year (i am hearing potentially 100k a coin by October which would be insane). 

Im keeping a close eye on SwissBorg at the moment - i got in when it was 36p a coin.

What i tend to do now is look at new coins that are really cheap and buy a few hundred of them just incase they are the new BTC in a few years

• Like 1

I tried to type in swissborg last night but as you say I need binance or coinbase platforms 

What's the difference between bitcoin now live 50340 & bitcoin cash now live 533.60

1 hour ago, andywilliams1187 said:

No worries mate - crypto is a strange one but all indiciators are showing BTC reaching decent highs this year (i am hearing potentially 100k a coin by October which would be insane). 

Im keeping a close eye on SwissBorg at the moment - i got in when it was 36p a coin.

What i tend to do now is look at new coins that are really cheap and buy a few hundred of them just incase they are the new BTC in a few years

Hope u ain’t gonna bore me with this shit when we meet back up in Edinburgh. I also ain't putting my hand in my pocket if this Swiss piss does the bizzo.

• Haha 1

Deviant grave stone just set up on the 1/2hr candles 

This will now be the sideways breathers I was referring to earlier.

Lord 

God help the LONG positions who don't know when to sell / time to go short.

The 6.5% rise has been given back in one day. 

I've never seen any of the blue chip indices rise n fall like this in one day. 

29 minutes ago, Cleandries said:

Lord 

God help the LONG positions who don't know when to sell / time to go short.

The 6.5% rise has been given back in one day. 

I've never seen any of the blue chip indices rise n fall like this in one day. 

In crypto you cannot just do decisions based on your graph analysis, you have to follow what are they doing with the technology that is behind the currency if they got any new big deals etc. as much info as you can get basically if you really want to be successful because there are so many altcoins that are shit and to do analysis for them is basically pointless and you will learn that soon if you jump deeper into it.

Edited by crazyrightmeow
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

In crypto you cannot just do decisions based on your graph analysis, you have to follow what are they doing with the technology that is behind the currency if they got any new big deals etc. as much info as you can get basically if you really want to be successful because there are so many altcoins that are shit and to do analysis for them is basically pointless and you will learn that soon if you jump deeper into it.

Well I believe the TA reading predicts the fundamental of a share or its timing of announcements etc 

I've found the FTSE & DOW to do just this for predicting which party will win on the build up to general elections etc  

Yeah looks like with crypto that the shorter time frame candles are ones to concentrate on. 

Woke up early to monitor BTC drop since the deviant grave stone set up (approx -20% drop since) 

But market closed, someone told me cryptos trade at weekends too 

So maybe there is a start n finish time. 

4 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Woke up early to monitor BTC drop since the deviant grave stone set up (approx -20% drop since) 

If you actually own crypto you can trade, transfer when ever you want.

4 hours ago, Cleandries said:

“Grave stone setup” !, ain’t that an omen in itself 🧐

1 hour ago, crazyrightmeow said:

If you actually own crypto you can trade, transfer when ever you want.

This must be the case with the binance / coinbase platforms 

On IG BTC didn't start till 8am where it opened at 47180.

5 hours ago, Cleandries said:

This must be the case with the binance / coinbase platforms 

On IG BTC didn't start till 8am where it opened at 47180.

Yes because on IG and similar trading platforms you dont actually own the currency, you just bet if its going up or down. But on actual crypto platforms you buy the currency you want and then trade between the pairs and you can or store it on usb device or online wallet or you can even leave it on the trading platforms if you trade a lot but if you have a lot of it I recommend a ledger.

On 25/02/2021 at 09:07, Blacko said:

Hope u ain’t gonna bore me with this shit when we meet back up in Edinburgh. I also ain't putting my hand in my pocket if this Swiss piss does the bizzo.

If swissborg does the buisness, im rebuilding Hadrians wall but it will be much taller this time around hehehe

Rosh and chip they making new coin called ROSHMONKZ coin 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ISlot said:

Rosh and chip they making new coin called ROSHMONKZ coin 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Rosh is so rich he could send Doge to the moon on his own. 

I'm aware most of ye buy the bitcoin 

I just checked out the bitcoin chart in IG platform now live at 48770 

It needs to stay at current levels & not drop down to 53200 by Friday evening

• Hmmm 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Cleandries said:

I'm aware most of ye buy the bitcoin 

I just checked out the bitcoin chart in IG platform now live at 48770 

It needs to stay at current levels & not drop down to 53200 by Friday evening

How can it drop down from 48770 to 53200?
giphy.gif

• Haha 4