MrUKHackz

TGC Charities January 2021

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I vaguely know of a local charity (can't even remember the name ) that's got a waiting list of 18 for laptops .thats why I donated my old one .I was going to give them the other one but I'd of had to put myself on the list for one ha .

 

I grew up with absolutely fuck all ,living from day to day with my mum having to borrow Money for food .my old man was a useless gambler which didn't help . So I know what its like to have fuck all .

I gotten upset writing this 

I grew up without a mum and my dad had no clue how to raise 3 children. I had my sisters hand me downs and we lived on bare minimal. It was tough but we made it. I can’t afford the best of the best but it doesn’t matter my girls know I’ll walk to the moon and back for them and that’s all that matters. That’s why it breaks me to see people struggle it breaks me because I been through it . First growing up and now as a parent. But I’m here and that’s all that matters right now. 
much love miller much love 

❤️ 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miller26 said:

Not sure if its been finalised but there are a lot of kids homeschooling, having to share laptops with siblings . There are charities out there that are helping. 

I gave someone I know a laptop I dont use for this purpose. So if anyone has old laptops that they don't use ,please dig them out and donate. 

That is a lovely gesture mate. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

To anyone reading this who is a single parent or family on a low income please go to the government website and apply for a laptop and finance for internet if needed. 

If you’re in urgent need the schools have access to this scheme.

Contact college if this is where your child is.

Yes it is too late in January 2021. Totally shit and a feck up but it’s finally here. Also family centres and many projects are very much behind this. If your school won’t help DM the area not address and I will source a contact but do try all the above first.

Please do not struggle 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

To anyone reading this who is a single parent or family on a low income please go to the government website and apply for a laptop and finance for internet if needed. 

If you’re in urgent need the schools have access to this scheme.

Contact college if this is where your child is.

Yes it is too late in January 2021. Totally shit and a feck up but it’s finally here. Also family centres and many projects are very much behind this. If your school won’t help DM the area not address and I will source a contact but do try all the above first.

Please do not struggle 

 

Yer a wee diamond our @Cheryl T, heart of gold.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2021 at 17:50, ColourMeUp said:

A bit more info, they rescue dogs from Romania, a country where they're mostly despised and seen as vermin. With Brexit and covid it's becoming more and more expensive to do the rescue missions 😕

https://m.facebook.com/groups/166814107364015?group_view_referrer=search

Hopefully that link works! 

Unfortunately we can only donate to registered charities.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right so for January I've split the £2000 like this...

Trussel trust food bank £700 https://www.trusselltrust.org/

Greyhound Rescue South Yorkshire   No Reg Charity No. Greyhound Trust £650 https://www.greyhoundtrust.org.uk/

British Lung Foundation £650 https://www.blf.org.uk/

and

Dogs trust to replace Panda from last month £1000 https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/

Thanks for the votes folks and anyone missing out will be in the February Donation :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , I’m starting to ride 100 mile in 30 days in February for dementia , the whole charity is 97percent ish through raising the 1 million pound target.  
my grandad along with many others are suffering from the terrible disease before COVID took his life. The money is for. Research .

Take a look any donations will be great. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleforDementia-ThomasHegney?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_transactional_--_donation_received_--_nth_donation&utm_content=3e8d2cc7-b198-40ce-8885-35a3e81c234d&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=161143080169

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

Unfortunately we can only donate to registered charities.

Out of interest what's the reason behind this? They are registered as not for profit, for small rescues like this being registered as a charity entails a lot of costs which in many times leaves them worse off 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could I throw a local charity to me in the mix. The Donnalouise hospice care for children & young people. I know they do a lot for younger less advantages kids in my area, and I know any help would be greatly appreciated right now. My partners little niece has had a lot of help from them over past few years as she’s battled illness and I know it would mean a lot to them. Thanks for reading this!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stokie1993 said:

Could I throw a local charity to me in the mix. The Donnalouise hospice care for children & young people. I know they do a lot for younger less advantages kids in my area, and I know any help would be greatly appreciated right now. My partners little niece has had a lot of help from them over past few years as she’s battled illness and I know it would mean a lot to them. Thanks for reading this!

Definitely a stokie 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColourMeUp said:

Out of interest what's the reason behind this? They are registered as not for profit, for small rescues like this being registered as a charity entails a lot of costs which in many times leaves them worse off 😕

It’s probably a tax write off with the casino who donate the money. Some auditor somewhere comparing charity numbers with donations ensuring it’s all above board.

Edited by Blacko
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blacko said:

It’s probably a tax write off with the casino who donate the money. Some auditor somewhere comparing charity numbers with donations ensuring it’s all above board.

Yes I figured, just sad that a lot of the charities we donate to are the huge ones and 90% of our donations are going to pay some directors £180k salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Yes I figured, just sad that a lot of the charities we donate to are the huge ones and 90% of our donations are going to pay some directors £180k salary. 

Absolutely mate. Cancer research comes to mind. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2021 at 10:09, ColourMeUp said:

Yes I figured, just sad that a lot of the charities we donate to are the huge ones and 90% of our donations are going to pay some directors £180k salary. 

I do try and go for the small charities where I can, for instance there was a small School that literally couldn't afford tables and chairs, GSE had a broken mini bus, pickle rick needed an eye operation and Newquay food bank had no food for a few examples.

I totally agree that the huge charities have so much money, our donation just goes to a lockup somewhere to sit on a pallet, didn't the red cross do that with the Haiti disaster?! Anyway.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2021 at 11:46, MrUKHackz said:

I do try and go for the small charities where I can, for instance there was a small School that literally couldn't afford tables and chairs, GSE had a broken mini bus, pickle rick needed an eye operation and Newquay food bank had no food for a few examples.

I totally agree that the huge charities have so much money, our donation just goes to a lockup somewhere to sit on a pallet, didn't the red cross do that with the Haiti disaster?! Anyway.....

 

@MrUKHackz, Awwww, I will never forget the pickle Rick donation ♥ he's doing really well too. Here's a recent Pic 😊 

FB_IMG_1612649081389.jpg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chrissy_M said:

@MrUKHackz, Awwww, I will never forget the pickle Rick donation ♥ he's doing really well too. Here's a recent Pic 😊 

FB_IMG_1612649081389.jpg

Bless his wee heart ❤️

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chrissy_M said:

@MrUKHackz, Awwww, I will never forget the pickle Rick donation ♥ he's doing really well too. Here's a recent Pic 😊 

FB_IMG_1612649081389.jpg

Young pickle rick would always be welcome to live with me, poor little bugger, I had a rabbit like that with one milky eye as a kid and no eye the other side, I called him one eyed willy but he sadly only lived to a bunny.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I make a suggestion? Demelza children's hospice (link) based in Kent and the South East is a wonderful charity and they rely heavily on funding, so far I have had a full body wax and ran the London marathon on their behalf. I am also running the marathon again this year ( - not asking for donations, just sharing awareness) so could they be considered for future splits? Thank you!

Edited by david1111
Link removed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Frankos1885 said:

May I make a suggestion? Demelza children's hospice (link) based in Kent and the South East is a wonderful charity and they rely heavily on funding, so far I have had a full body wax and ran the London marathon on their behalf. I am also running the marathon again this year ( - not asking for donations, just sharing awareness) so could they be considered for future splits? Thank you!

Hi mate.

I've removed the second link as it's a just giving page which unfortunately we don't allow, however, no problems nominating the charity.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2021 at 16:15, Solario333 said:

I suggest the Trussell trust food bank , which now is under immense pressure to help many people due to the pandemic. 

image.thumb.png.ae211fa02b9a7797fa9abf524a664994.png

Just had a message that they have politely refused our donation so they can't be struggling that much! Is there anywhere else in particular you'd like the money to goto or shall I pick somewhere? It's £700 btw.

  • Shocked 3
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

Just had a message that they have politely refused our donation so they can't be struggling that much! Is there anywhere else in particular you'd like the money to goto or shall I pick somewhere? It's £700 btw.

Better get a move on @Solario333 as @Blacko will be on the phone tae his Auntie Maureen shortly 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

Just had a message that they have politely refused our donation so they can't be struggling that much! Is there anywhere else in particular you'd like the money to goto or shall I pick somewhere? It's £700 btw.

Unbelievable!! I'm really surprised by that. 😔 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now