Smelliot

Bet victor source of income

Recommended Posts

Fudging bet victor, my Mrs has just made an account deposited a tenner for the bonuses and won £100 in the end and they’ve asked for proof of income... she’s on ESA unable to work etc apparently it’s not proof/source?! Now they’ve restricted her account! What do/can I say to them?

Edited by david1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

Fudging bet victor, my Mrs has just made an account deposited a tenner for the bonuses and won £100 in the end and they’ve asked for proof of income... she’s on ESA unable to work etc apparently it’s not proof/source?! Now they’ve restricted her account! What do/can I say to them?

It is becoming a nightmare. Ive had it now a couple of times and with one of them its far to intrusive so i dont use them anymore.

It does seem ridiculous for that level to ask for SOW, but thats the way its going.  Maybe just email them and ask for clarification.

PS, sorry but C word or any variations of, not allowed

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, david1111 said:

It is becoming a nightmare. Ive had it now a couple of times and with one of them its far to intrusive so i dont use them anymore.

It does seem ridiculous for that level to ask for SOW, but thats the way its going.  Maybe just email them and ask for clarification.

PS, sorry but C word or any variations of, not allowed

I’ve emailed back and forth apparently it isn’t accepted even tho she’s unable to work etc... it’s not even a lot it’s the principle! And my bad just raging the fudgers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main problem is that the casinos face huge fines if they dont implement the SOW at a certain stage of the payout process ,and now they are all using it as an excuse to delay or obfuscate when new accounts win money ..... it's certainly not fair to penalise someone on ESA , and could be discriminatory , but then if losses mount questions may be asked by the Gambling Commission ...... 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Solario333 said:

The main problem is that the casinos face huge fines if they dont implement the SOW at a certain stage of the payout process ,and now they are all using it as an excuse to delay or obfuscate when new accounts win money ..... it's certainly not fair to penalise someone on ESA , and could be discriminatory , but then if losses mount questions may be asked by the Gambling Commission ...... 

I understand they have to do there bit, but a £10 deposit, yet on my account I deposited around £1500 in 24 hours and they asked 0 questions until 2 weeks after.  It’s pathetic 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

I understand they have to do there bit, but a £10 deposit, yet on my account I deposited around £1500 in 24 hours and they asked 0 questions until 2 weeks after.  It’s pathetic 

It does seem odd. It's a legal requirement for them, but generally only with high deposits or an out of the norm deposit which is really to combat money laundering 

I don't see how a tenner can be any of that 🤷‍♂️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, david1111 said:

It does seem odd. It's a legal requirement for them, but generally only with high deposits or an out of the norm deposit which is really to combat money laundering 

I don't see how a tenner can be any of that 🤷‍♂️

 

Yeah that’s what I don’t get, a single deposit of £10, I’ve said it’s her money if she wants to eat/drink/smoke/gamble that’s her choice surely? Not like she’s doing beyond her means or taking loans etc? Bizarre. They’ve closed the account now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem a bit bizarre for a £10 deposit and only a £100 withdrawal, it will cost them twice that in wages doing a SOW check, you said they've now closed the account so any money in her balance will come back to her card or its theft is it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

Yeah that’s what I don’t get, a single deposit of £10, I’ve said it’s her money if she wants to eat/drink/smoke/gamble that’s her choice surely? Not like she’s doing beyond her means or taking loans etc? Bizarre. They’ve closed the account now 

Maybe they're worried about bonus abuse 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

It does seem a bit bizarre for a £10 deposit and only a £100 withdrawal, it will cost them twice that in wages doing a SOW check, you said they've now closed the account so any money in her balance will come back to her card or its theft is it not?

I’m hoping so... I’ve just asked them if I’ll be receiving the balance anyway so I’ll keep updated - they can stuff the account just want the money 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Maybe they're worried about bonus abuse 😜

I know! Offering sign up bonuses and receiving cash 🤦‍♂️ What is it coming to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

I know! Offering sign up bonuses and receiving cash 🤦‍♂️ What is it coming to 

I'd encourage your "Mrs" to stop gambling. 

I'd hate it if I had a partner who gambled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

I'd encourage your "Mrs" to stop gambling. 

I'd hate it if I had a partner who gambled. 

Why? 🤣 if she wants to have a bet why not? She’s not a degen she likes what she’s likes 👍 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

Why? 🤣 if she wants to have a bet why not? She’s not a degen she likes what she’s likes 👍 

Fair enough! Get her to sign up on here, MrsSmelliott! Always good to here a womens perspective on gambling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking out loud here, imagine the paper article "DISABLED LADY ALLOWED TO LOSE BENEFITS ON IRRESPONSIBLE ONLINE CASINO!"

From the casinos POV it must be so hard to try and decide if a player can or can not afford to play and on top of that they have the UKGC dishing out huge fines if they don't make the correct decision.

Anyway, re-reading the post I think they will refund the money to her card and keep the account closed, providing their was no bonus abuse as I'm pretty sure it's 1 welcome bonus per household at most casinos.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Fair enough! Get her to sign up on here, MrsSmelliott! Always good to here a womens perspective on gambling. 

Ha, she has an account on here but doesn’t use it. She’s into bingo, crazy time and slots 😂 she was on roulette yesterday that’s where the bonus turned into cash. She gets pins with big bet amounts tho even watching rolla she gets nerves ha! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrUKHackz said:

Just thinking out loud here, imagine the paper article "DISABLED LADY ALLOWED TO LOSE BENEFITS ON IRRESPONSIBLE ONLINE CASINO!"

From the casinos POV it must be so hard to try and decide if a player can or can not afford to play and on top of that they have the UKGC dishing out huge fines if they don't make the correct decision.

Anyway, re-reading the post I think they will refund the money to her card and keep the account closed, providing their was no bonus abuse as I'm pretty sure it's 1 welcome bonus per household at most casinos.

Yeah she only bets small and not too often so no danger on that front! Hopefully she gets it anyway 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smelliot said:

Yeah she only bets small and not too often so no danger on that front! Hopefully she gets it anyway 

I'm sure she'll get it one way or the other

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESA is that employment and support allowance? If it is I can understand the casinos position on not wanting the business if that is how the accounts going to be funded . As benefits are paid so people can pay bills , eat and put food in there bellies and not for them to gamble . So a casino couldn't justify allowing deposits funded by benefits if that makes sense. 

 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but more probably the thinking behind it . It's good that protection is there though as how many times have u heard of someone spending all there wages or benefits in the bookies without batting a eye lid leaving them in financial difficulty 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spudz said:

ESA is that employment and support allowance? If it is I can understand the casinos position on not wanting the business if that is how the accounts going to be funded . As benefits are paid so people can pay bills , eat and put food in there bellies and not for them to gamble . So a casino couldn't justify allowing deposits funded by benefits if that makes sense. 

 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but more probably the thinking behind it . It's good that protection is there though as how many times have u heard of someone spending all there wages or benefits in the bookies without batting a eye lid leaving them in financial difficulty 

 

 

Yes I do understand it but I sent bank statements in, I pay the rent etc so her money is her money, it’s funny tho because if you spend it on drugs/alcohol people have a different outlook (in my opinion anyway) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smelliot said:

Yes I do understand it but I sent bank statements in, I pay the rent etc so her money is her money, it’s funny tho because if you spend it on drugs/alcohol people have a different outlook (in my opinion anyway) 

I understand but benefits are means tested so that is the amount the government says is acceptable for you to live on for bills and food . Gambling isn't one of those factors.  

I agree if use went I to a bookies or bought alcohol or drugs no one would know.  But I do think it's a good thing the casino are stricter now . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been on live chat and they’ve confirmed they’ve sent £100 to her card! Let’s wait and see for it to land! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smelliot said:

Just been on live chat and they’ve confirmed they’ve sent £100 to her card! Let’s wait and see for it to land! 

Great result buddy . Take away is on you 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly the same happened to my sister with a different casino. She’s a full time mum so unemployed and they deemed that she should spend her time doing something else instead of playing slots and restricted her account until she could prove she had a stable income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now