MrUKHackz

TGC December Charities 2020

Okay folks its the final donation for 2020 and we have a whopping £3000 to give away to 3 lucky charities.....

From last month rolling over we have

https://pandasfoundation.org.uk/ suggested by @ColourMeUp

https://www.samaritans.org/ suggested by @RothRaver

https://www.avma.org.uk/ suggested by @spursman

If you could add any suggestions below and I'll choose 3 to get £1000 this month and any others will roll over monthly till they get something.

Thankyou!

• Love 9

Just now, Jok3st3r said:

How come you dont do the poll anymore @MrUKHackz I think more members vote that way. 

Because we got so few votes I thought whats the point, I can start the polls back up if you like it was just a bit disheartening when people didn't vote, and also lots didn't vote for 3 like I asked so I've just done it this way, idiot proof! 

• Sad 2

I am a big fan of the Samaritans and the wonderful job they do for distressed people !! So great choice !!:thumbs_up:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

If @4kingidiot doesn't nominate the Scottish dog charity, can I?

I can donate some Scottish dogs I have ended up with over the years.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Thats brilliant, the AVMA are a unique organisation not many people know about fighting for the justice for patients in this country and challenging the powers that be in a sector that regulates itself. I got an e mail from them not long ago asking for support, this really should be funded by the government, this should really  help thanks TGC. 

Edited by spursman
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Can I nominate npac.org.uk

A small team that supports adult survivors of childhood abuse

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

Can I nominate npac.org.uk

A small team that supports adult survivors of childhood abuse

napac.org.uk

Sorry I missed the a after the n 

Hi Blacko.
just wanted to wish you and your wife and family and wonderful friends
at TGC all the very best and lots of luck in 2021 from myself and all the members at GESH.

Kind Regards

Keep well and safe

Maureen Ferrie.

• Love 4
  • Get In There! 1

On 03/01/2021 at 22:36, Blacko said:

Hi Blacko.
just wanted to wish you and your wife and family and wonderful friends
at TGC all the very best and lots of luck in 2021 from myself and all the members at GESH.

Kind Regards

Keep well and safe

Maureen Ferrie.

What am I not understanding with this mate ?

Just now, Miller26 said:

What am I not understanding with this mate ?

TGC donated substantial money to the charity last year allowing them to survive through the pandemic, Maureen has ran the charity for decades and will regularly send me emails with updates etc... I post the messages on the forum when I receive them.

• Love 1

Just now, Blacko said:

TGC donated substantial money to the charity last year allowing them to survive through the pandemic, Maureen has ran the charity for decades and will regularly send me emails with updates etc... I post the messages on the forum when I receive them.

How thick am I mate .thats brilliant mate .what do the charity do ?

Just now, Miller26 said:

How thick am I mate .thats brilliant mate .what do the charity do ?

They are a small social hub based in a poor area of Glasgow, they basically are a club run by disabled people for disabled people. Maureen and her late husband founded the charity and have ran it for many years, it is kept funded by small admission fees that are paid by the users. They have received no funding last year due to the pandemic. Thanks to TGC donating 5k they have been able to repair the much needed mini bus, fund repairing damage to their roof and basically keep the doors open, for which I will always be grateful.

@Sgt_bilk0 and myself plan on visiting GESH when it safe to do so, the purpose of the visit is solely to provide the forum with a brief article on where the money has been used and how it has benefited the community. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Blacko said:

They are a small social hub based in a poor area of Glasgow, they basically are a club run by disabled people for disabled people. Maureen and her late husband founded the charity and have ran it for many years, it is kept funded by small admission fees that are paid by the users. They have received no funding last year due to the pandemic. Thanks to TGC donating 5k they have been able to repair the much needed mini bus, fund repairing damage to their roof and basically keep the doors open, for which I will always be grateful.

@Sgt_bilk0 and myself plan on visiting GESH when it safe to do so, the purpose of the visit is solely to provide the forum with a brief article on where the money has been used and how it has benefited the community. 

Brilliant story champ .if by some miracle i win pauls competition I'll donate it to them as well .tell them not to get there hopes up though ha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Brilliant story champ .if by some miracle i win pauls competition I'll donate it to them as well .tell them not to get there hopes up though ha

Thanks pal. Good to see more people using the charity threads now, it's an opportunity to do good just by simply putting a name forward.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1