Up for Debate.

Guest Sizzler29

My downfall is i always think back to the highest point of my balance when I'm left with £0... But then playing slots i also always think well i would of lost it  the next day or day after anyway. I play slots often but not a fan of them, just paying a stupid amount to see some bright lights and pretty colours ? 

10 minutes ago, kitfitcornwall said:

Just a thought I've had recently - 

You deposit 200 and play the slots, have a good win of 1000 and cash out, (1200).

The next day you go back on the slots and loose it all...

Do you feel like you've lost 200 or 1200...?

That's a teaser and food for thought. I would prefer to have lost the 200 straight away as would defo feel worse giving 1k back

Yeah it does make losses easier if you think about how much you deposited rather than that amount plus any wins.

Maybe there are some subtle factors like At what point do you consider the win actually your money? Is it worse if you have cashed out...? Is worse again having cashed out, had the winnings paid into your bank account and then lost it all...?

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

That's a teaser and food for thought. I would prefer to have lost the 200 straight away as would defo feel worse giving 1k back

Crazy isn't it how in some ways winning when you gamble can make you feel worse if and when you loose it. Every gambler knows you will never walk away with a win and not gamble it away again...

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, kitfitcornwall said:

Crazy isn't it how in some ways winning when you gamble can make you feel worse if and when you loose it. Every gambler knows you will never walk away with a win and not gamble it away again...

It is crazy mate. I think its the way as gamblers our brains are wired up! 

On 24/03/2018 at 17:57, kitfitcornwall said:

Just a thought I've had recently - 

You deposit 200 and play the slots, have a good win of 1000 and cash out, (1200).

The next day you go back on the slots and loose it all...

Do you feel like you've lost 200 or 1200...?

If I withdraw then it's real so it's a £1200 loss :(

If I don't withdraw then it's just £200...

• Keeemon 1

You have to have the mindset that you’ve lost £200 but it’s easier said than done as us gamblers can’t help but think back to the peak balance...it’s like The Bandit says when he gets to the penultimate step of the old Reel King ladder and loses...you’ve only lost what you had to start with, not what youd manage to build up to