Sign in to follow this  
howfin

1500 Rangers v St Mirren

Ranger's got battered up the arse mid week 1-0 by Leverkusen in the Europa League. No suprise really, but it did bring their decent winning run to an abrupt end.

St Mirren beat Livingston in their opener, meaning they’ve won back to back Premiership games 1-0. However, they had failed to score in their three previous games before that towards the end of last season. That’s hardly a surprise, given that they were the lowest scoring side across the division last term. They also had the worst away record last term, winning just two of 15 games, losing 11 and scoring only 11 times. They lost to nil in three trips to the Old Firm last time, while they head into this clash with a poor record in meetings with Rangers.

Rangers have kept a clean sheet in eight of their last nine matches against St Mirren, while won all three meetings last season without conceding a goal. They seem to be in that kind of form here, having shut out Aberdeen away last weekend. They went through preseason looking solid, winning four friendlies to nil, including clashes with Lyon and Nice. Obviously, due to all this, there are no decent odds on any sort of Rangers win here. Thus, maybe just a fun bet for some added excitment. Rangers 4-0 and Hagi to score 2 or more at 66/1 is interesting. Maybe a small stake for a laugh.

• Good Luck! 1

4 minutes ago, howfin said:

:face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy:

Rangers are getting relegated.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RB91 said:

Rangers are getting relegated.

I could actually see a catastrophic meltdown happening like after christmas last season. Wonder what the odds are

Edited by howfin
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Blacko said:

You’re not wrong, to be fair mate. 😄

Edited by RB91
  • Jackpot! 1
  • Haha 1

I look forward to your weekly post in which you use a spell checker.

• Roll Eyes 1

Fucking st mirren why even bother turning up, no wonder the spl gets a bad name

Not even trying to play just parkin the bus pure shite get these trash managers out of our league who do this

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, howfin said:

Fucking st mirren why even bother turning up, no wonder the spl gets a bad name

Not even trying to play just parkin the bus pure shite get these trash managers out of our league who do this

Didn't your national team once line up with something like 7 defenders and 3 midfielders? 

1 minute ago, Denman said:

Didn't your national team once line up with something like 7 defenders and 3 midfielders? 

Probably and id say the same to that as well sack the fuck who turns up for a draw

1 nil rangers what a suprise st mirren you know when you do 11 man defense hope they fucking push up now

Just now, howfin said:

Probably and id say the same to that as well sack the fuck who turns up for a draw

Rangers are (presumably) a vastly superior team to them. If they try to attack and open up they will likely get absolutely bummed. Surely playing super defensively and hoping for one good counter attack is better than spreading your cheeks?

Just now, Denman said:

Rangers are (presumably) a vastly superior team to them. If they try to attack and open up they will likely get absolutely bummed. Surely playing super defensively and hoping for one good counter attack is better than spreading your cheeks?

Yes they are but why leave it up to chance with praying to the gods that you might get a break at some point and hope your 11 man defense can hold on for 90 minutes. Fact is, you probably wont hold on for that long and also its shite football, shite management and no creative thinking or positive image to give your team going into the game. Teams that come out and play against the old firm usually fair better than when they do fuck all like this and make it a bore fest

1 minute ago, howfin said:

Yes they are but why leave it up to chance with praying to the gods that you might get a break at some point and hope your 11 man defense can hold on for 90 minutes. Fact is, you probably wont hold on for that long and also its shite football, shite management and no creative thinking or positive image to give your team going into the game. Teams that come out and play against the old firm usually fair better than when they do fuck all like this and make it a bore fest

I recall years ago Utd playing Celtic in the Champions League. Celtic played liked heroes absorbing attack after attack. Throwing themselves at every ball. 

Its what happens when shite meets quality. 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

I recall years ago Utd playing Celtic in the Champions League. Celtic played liked heroes absorbing attack after attack. Throwing themselves at every ball. 

Its what happens when shite meets quality. 

13 Sep 2006    Manchester United v Celtic    W    3-2    UEFA Champions League
21 Nov 2006    Celtic v Manchester United    L    1-0    UEFA Champions League
21 Oct 2008    Manchester United v Celtic    W    3-0    UEFA Champions League
05 Nov 2008    Celtic v Manchester United    D    1-1    UEFA Champions League

Not the best record for a "quality side" like United

Just now, howfin said:

13 Sep 2006    Manchester United v Celtic    W    3-2    UEFA Champions League
21 Nov 2006    Celtic v Manchester United    L    1-0    UEFA Champions League
21 Oct 2008    Manchester United v Celtic    W    3-0    UEFA Champions League
05 Nov 2008    Celtic v Manchester United    D    1-1    UEFA Champions League

Not the best record for a "quality side" like United

Alright. I am not going to lie. I do not remember any of those games. I pretty much made up the analogy. I suspect the time Celtic won, Utd had already qualified and played the kids however. 

The point still remains though, why wouldn't you play defensive? Utd played defensive against a vastly superior City side in every encounter this season and had them on the counter. It makes sense.

Just now, Denman said:

Alright. I am not going to lie. I do not remember any of those games. I pretty much made up the analogy. I suspect the time Celtic won, Utd had already qualified and played the kids however. 

The point still remains though, why wouldn't you play defensive? Utd played defensive against a vastly superior City side in every encounter this season and had them on the counter. It makes sense.

I think there is a difference between playing defensive and just not fucking bothering at all. St M have shown no interest in getting forward at all, or even trying anything to get their one attacker into the game. Sure, defensive is fine, but there does have to be some form of attacking element to the game or why bother? They are one nil down and no formation changes no interest in getting into the game. I dont get it myself. You're losing. Try something new. End of the day though, St M are obviously giving Rangers a soft win to try halt Celtic's 10IAR. The real football will be at 1630 when Celtic play Kilmarnock. This game is sending me to sleep.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Denman said:

I look forward to your weekly post in which you use a spell checker.

just checking 

20200809_094601.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Denman said:

Is the Kilmarnock pitch, artificial turf? 

Plastic shite yes

Fucking guy in Killy lineup called Dicker has me in stiches every time the commntator says hes name... and yes im 12

Thought both of the old firm looked shit today, Rangers eventually broke St Mirren down whilst Celtic never looked dangerous. It’s difficult to break down teams who have their entire teams parked in their own box for 90 minutes, that’s what they both face for the entire season. Nothing impressive about either of them.

• Agree 1