Recommended Posts

Hi all, I’ve just gone through a hurrendous experience with Casumo and wondered if anyone else has had any issues? So I’ve played there for a few years, well down on the account overall (I play small affordable stakes maybe once to twice a month) deposited and previously withdrawn a few times with no issues. Last week I lost, made a few deposits and then actually won my money back and some profit. I decided to cash out at evens call it a day. Left a little in to play with. They then said they had to ‘verify my account’ I sent driving licence, utility bill. No response. They then asked for proof of wealth? sent my wage slip and a bank statement even though this was very uncomfortable as I’ve never been asked. Ultimately I wanted my money and they kept my withdrawal pending, until they could authorise me. After 4 days of chats online, emails and constant excuses they would not process. I demanded my money. In between I played with the left over profit, I think cashed this out, they have actually accepted this (much smaller withdrawal) but have blocked my account and reversed my original withdrawal. I not have an amount of money sat in my account that I can’t access. They have emailed to say my account has been closed this will be paid, but they will need further documents. I’ve said I won’t be sending anything else and pay me my money or I’m complaining to the gambling commission in the morning. 
which I will do but what a hassle. I feel scammed out of my money, can’t see them paying me it. I actually cannot believe it as I thought they were a reputable casino. Something isn’t right, I would warn anyone off Casumo. Has anyone else got any advice? Thanks 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahahaha @howfin is gonna have kittens and call me out for opening a bot account here ain’t he 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sharptooth31 said:

Hi all, I’ve just gone through a hurrendous experience with Casumo and wondered if anyone else has had any issues? So I’ve played there for a few years, well down on the account overall (I play small affordable stakes maybe once to twice a month) deposited and previously withdrawn a few times with no issues. Last week I lost, made a few deposits and then actually won my money back and some profit. I decided to cash out at evens call it a day. Left a little in to play with. They then said they had to ‘verify my account’ I sent driving licence, utility bill. No response. They then asked for proof of wealth? sent my wage slip and a bank statement even though this was very uncomfortable as I’ve never been asked. Ultimately I wanted my money and they kept my withdrawal pending, until they could authorise me. After 4 days of chats online, emails and constant excuses they would not process. I demanded my money. In between I played with the left over profit, I think cashed this out, they have actually accepted this (much smaller withdrawal) but have blocked my account and reversed my original withdrawal. I not have an amount of money sat in my account that I can’t access. They have emailed to say my account has been closed this will be paid, but they will need further documents. I’ve said I won’t be sending anything else and pay me my money or I’m complaining to the gambling commission in the morning. 
which I will do but what a hassle. I feel scammed out of my money, can’t see them paying me it. I actually cannot believe it as I thought they were a reputable casino. Something isn’t right, I would warn anyone off Casumo. Has anyone else got any advice? Thanks 

I’ve got some advice but you may not like it. There ADR is ecogra. If you approach them they will find in Casumo’s favour. My advice would be attempt to work with them and if it gets silly use a solicitor to threaten legal action (will cost a few hundred quid) if you flat out refuse to work with them they can maliciously ask the bank to open a SAR which freezes your bank up to 5 days. Be very careful mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never experienced this before so I honestly don’t know what the steps are. It’s just over £300, sat in my account. I mean can they just not pay me my money? I won’t be using online casinos again that’s for sure. I’ve tried to work with them, I sent a polite email asking for my money and happy for them then to close the account. How can they freeze my bank account???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they asked for something in particular? 

What is there latest demand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sharptooth31 said:

I’ve never experienced this before so I honestly don’t know what the steps are. It’s just over £300, sat in my account. I mean can they just not pay me my money? I won’t be using online casinos again that’s for sure. I’ve tried to work with them, I sent a polite email asking for my money and happy for them then to close the account. How can they freeze my bank account???

In all honesty £300 I’d imagine they will pay. It’s once you start talking about thousands and tens of thousands where you will hit a brick wall. Do they still have the page with ticks and crosses confirming what steps you have done. Work through it as best you can and then threaten legal proceedings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said in your post they emailed you to say they will pay so you should be ok 

As hackz said, what have they asked for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sent everything as requested so far, they just said further documents may be required before they will pay me what’s sat in my account. I don’t feel comfortable sending any further documents to be honest, they have a lot of personal information. I did say I would complain/had spoken to a legal contact which I have. I just want my money paying and I won’t play there again which they obviously don’t want me anyway based on their checks. It’s just very stressful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Hahahahaha @howfin is gonna have kittens and call me out for opening a bot account here ain’t he 😂

Why would I care if you did or not? This guys story is so vague and doesn't provide any real amount of detail. As such it's hard to make any real judgmenet or comment on it. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

You said in your post they emailed you to say they will pay so you should be ok 

As hackz said, what have they asked for?

Nothing specific as yet, they have recommended I self exclude, should I just agree on the basis they pay me the money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sharptooth31 said:

Nothing specific as yet, they have recommended I self exclude, should I just agree on the basis they pay me the money?

They must have picked up on something to say that the account will be closed.

If they are saying self exclude and you will get your money then yes, but you need a bit more clarification from them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to understand that they can request the documents they need to check and that is all stated in their TOS that you agreed on when you made an account and thats normal for all casinos it just depends on which point they will ask for them. If you dont feel comfortable to send those documents its probably the best that you dont play online because Its more or less standard thing these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, howfin said:

Why would I care if you did or not? This guys story is so vague and doesn't provide any real amount of detail. As such it's hard to make any real judgmenet or comment on it. 

Because your judgment is clouded by your disdain for little old GKells 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

You have to understand that they can request the documents they need to check and that is all stated in their TOS that you agreed on when you made an account and thats normal for all casinos it just depends on which point they will ask for them. If you dont feel comfortable to send those documents its probably the best that you dont play online because Its more or less standard thing these days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks and fair enough. I guess it’s just frustrating when you have played somewhere for a long time and they happen to spring it on you when you make a decent withdrawal. Given they were quite happy to take my deposits.

Maybe they saw this post as they have actually emailed now to say it will he paid, However I’ll only rest easy when I receive the money. Its a lesson for me and an eye opener, I still don’t feel most of it was necessary and to make a player fear his money isn’t protected

  • Get In There! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sharptooth31 said:

Thanks and fair enough. I guess it’s just frustrating when you have played somewhere for a long time and they happen to spring it on you when you make a decent withdrawal. Given they were quite happy to take my deposits.

Maybe they saw this post as they have actually emailed now to say it will he paid, However I’ll only rest easy when I receive the money. Its a lesson for me and an eye opener, I still don’t feel most of it was necessary and to make a player fear his money isn’t protected

I had to verify my account on pokerstars 3 times, etoro account has to be verified every year etc. this is all normal for accounts where money is involved online because people were doing illegal transactions and launder money before things like this were put in place. Your money is safe they will never take your money if its not a shady casino and your money is made legally you dont have to worry about anything.

Edited by crazyrightmeow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Because your judgment is clouded by your disdain for little old GKells 

My judgement isnt clouded, it's simply impossible to give advice or call an operator out for shady tactics, with such a bare bones story and no detail. The only thing that can realistically be said is to tell the guy to keep in contact with Casumo. If you want to jump on the band wagon of berating casinos without proper proof or evidence by all means do so. I'm sure you were the one calling out poor bray boy for doing something similar without proper insight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, howfin said:

My judgement isnt clouded, it's simply impossible to give advice or call an operator out for shady tactics, with such a bare bones story and no detail. The only thing that can realistically be said is to tell the guy to keep in contact with Casumo. If you want to jump on the band wagon of berating casinos without proper proof or evidence by all means do so. I'm sure you were the one calling out poor bray boy for doing something similar without proper insight

As I said previously you can’t comment until you’ve experienced it first hand. 

As for Bray boy look back at the chat I had his back saying he shouldn’t have a go at casinos without doing his investigation first. Check it back you numpty. I literally said the opposite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

I had to verify my account on pokerstars 3 times, etoro account has to be verified every year etc. this is all normal for accounts where money is involved online because people were doing illegal transactions and launder money before things like this were put in place. Your money is safe they will never take your money if its not a shady casino and your money is made legally you dont have to worry about anything.

Pokerstars are the most annoying I’ve experienced. Try changing countries with them. Fuck me, that took months because they’re slow as fuck. There’s about 3 weeks wait between each email 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Pokerstars are the most annoying I’ve experienced. Try changing countries with them. Fuck me, that took months because they’re slow as fuck. There’s about 3 weeks wait between each email 😂

They respond to me in hours to a next day max depends on the hours I emailed them but I never tried to change a country. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Pokerstars are the most annoying I’ve experienced. Try changing countries with them. Fuck me, that took months because they’re slow as fuck. There’s about 3 weeks wait between each email 😂

That’s just a conspiracy theory mate I’ve never heard of anything like that so it didn’t happen 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

They respond to me in hours to a next day max depends on the hours I emailed them but I never tried to change a country. 😁

It was a right rigmarole for me. I wish I was joking about it taking weeks between emails too 😂 I changed from UK to NZ, that took forever, then I changed back, it was even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RB91 said:

It was a right rigmarole for me. I wish I was joking about it taking weeks between emails too 😂 I changed from UK to NZ, that took forever, then I changed back, it was even worse.

Bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now