Members on GamStop

Probably an opinion that many here will disagree with for all the wrong reasons. However in my opinion if a member on here claims to be on GamStop and indicates a time period, if they allude to gambling during that period on here they should be banned. Simply at that point it should be clear that exposure to gambling and gambling discussion is not of assistance to them and the responsible thing to do is to remove them. Any claims of not being on GamStop or it expiring that contradicts what they previously posted obviously should be ignored.

I'm on gamstop @Denman and stopped all forms of gambling June 8th last year other than £10 buy in poker tournamtournaments at the local pub. I've had 2 lapses. One in the arcade in December and one playing poker on a friends account online. I can honestly say if it wasn't for the people on here plus of course my own will power i wouldn't be in the position I'm in now. Although not everyone is the same and what works for one person may not work for another.

• Keeemon 2

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

I'm on gamstop @Denman and stopped all forms of gambling June 8th last year other than £10 buy in poker tournamtournaments at the local pub. I've had 2 lapses. One in the arcade in December and one playing poker on a friends account online. I can honestly say if it wasn't for the people on here plus of course my own will power i wouldn't be in the position I'm in now. Although not everyone is the same and what works for one person may not work for another.

Yeah I can understand that it helps some people. But others clearly not. The exposure leads them back into gambling.

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

Yeah I can understand that it helps some people. But others clearly not. The exposure leads them back into gambling.

Its just not for us to decide that, always up to the individual as everyone is different. Many top members that have quit gambling have left because it didnt make sense for them and found being in this environment didnt help but then on the other hand some have stayed and said the support has been vital. 

• Puke! 1

Just now, Rocknrolla said:

Its just not for us to decide that, always up to the individual as everyone is different. Many top members that have quit gambling have left because it didnt make sense for them and found being in this environment didnt help but then on the other hand some have stayed and said the support has been vital. 

But the point is, if they have said they are on GamStop but are sharing big wins and their bets. Surely it is apparent that the exposure to gambling via this forum is not healthy?

It's a valid point @Denman, but everyone is different. I'm not on gamstop, but being on here has helped me stay gamble free 

I agree it may not be right for everyone, but we do provide help and support which people can get on here with no questions asked.

I see it as a good thing for some people

• Keeemon 1

Just now, Denman said:

But the point is, if they have said they are on GamStop but are sharing big wins and their bets. Surely it is apparent that the exposure to gambling via this forum is not healthy?

I guess yes and no but there's a fine line with determining that and ultimately falls to the individual I think. Only the individual knows their triggers and I'd link to think if they truly want to quit and this forum is a trigger for them then they take action for themselves like others have done and walk away from here.

2 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I guess yes and no but there's a fine line with determining that and ultimately falls to the individual I think. Only the individual knows their triggers and I'd link to think if they truly want to quit and this forum is a trigger for them then they take action for themselves like others have done and walk away from here.

Wouldn't you think that if someone on GamStop is openly gambling that they are displaying that they are incapable of being responsible for themselves and some form of intervention is not necessary but perhaps advisable?

10 minutes ago, Denman said:

Wouldn't you think that if someone on GamStop is openly gambling that they are displaying that they are incapable of being responsible for themselves and some form of intervention is not necessary but perhaps advisable?

I do get your point but ultimately the responsibility has to be down to the individual, this is a gambling forum that welcomes everyone regardless of their situation or whether they're on gamstop and continuing to gamble. We offer support, advice and can point in the right direction but if they truly are incapable then banning isn't going to help, its not nice to see but a gambler that doesn't want to truly quit just won't.

• Keeemon 1

If someone lapses whilst openly on Gamstop they may want the support from the forum, rather than having the door closed altogether.

I don't entirely disagree that the forum has a responsibility to protect the more vunerable users. Perhaps a ban on cash prizes for the comps for those that have openly said they are on Gamstop is something that could be considered by the management, and instead any prize won by an individual on Gamstop would automatically go into the charity pot.

4 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I do get your point but like I said its such a fine line of who has the responsibility here, this is a gambling forum that welcomes everyone regardless of their situation or whether they're on gamstop and continuing to gamble. We offer support, advice and can point in the right direction but if they truly are incapable then banning isn't going to help, its not nice to see but a gambler that doesn't want to truly quit just won't.

Your website advertises gambling products though, it is more than just a gambling forum, a place to discuss gambling.

2 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Thank god you are bringing this to our attention.... again 

This could be perceived as bullying now. You’ve said your bit and pretended to show concern time to leave it alone. 

Ironic that posts rightly criticising police are ruled on heavy handedly and poisonous deliberately baiting threads like this are ok 

Great contribution. I guess you couldn't find a delete account button?

1 minute ago, Denman said:

Your website advertises gambling products though, it is more than just a gambling forum, a place to discuss gambling.

But what do I put in the t&c's if you're on gamstop you're welcome still but if you gamble while being on gamstop you're banned? Its just not down to me to do that

5 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

If someone lapses whilst openly on Gamstop they may want the support from the forum, rather than having the door closed altogether.

I don't entirely disagree that the forum has a responsibility to protect the more vunerable users. Perhaps a ban on cash prizes for the comps for those that have openly said they are on Gamstop is something that could be considered by the management, and instead any prize won by an individual on Gamstop would automatically go into the charity pot.

How ironic lol i offered any prize on the horse racing comp to go to charity if i won. I'll be doing the same in future comps as well. Hope you're keeping well mate.

• Keeemon 1

Just now, Rocknrolla said:

But what do I put in the t&c's if you're on gamstop you're welcome still but if you gamble while being on gamstop you're banned? Its just not down to me to do that

No of course not. I am not saying it is your responsibility as you obviously have no way of actually verifying who is on GamStop or not. Just in the clear cut cases of people breaking their commitment to GamStop, it would be better to do something than nothing. Perhaps my suggestion of banning is harsh.

3 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Found something better. A mute button for you. 

my position on the police is clear, especially now opinions on the police should be discussed. Despite loving the forum I’m quite happy to carry on sharing my views and give Rolla a decision to make. 

I didn't make you share your hateful thoughts that got you reprimanded. I hadn't even commented on the thread. So I don't see how muting me will cure you of being an absolute hate filled shit for brains. But good luck with that. 😂

5 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Thank god you are bringing this to our attention.... again 

This could be perceived as bullying now. You’ve said your bit and pretended to show concern time to leave it alone. 

Ironic that posts rightly criticising police are ruled on heavy handedly and poisonous deliberately baiting threads like this are ok 

Criticising the police is one thing but saying certain things like you did just isn't criticism and majority of your posts on the subject havent been deleted. My nan died at the hands of negligent carers does that mean I hate and wish harm upon all of them, no just the certain ones that were accountable for it. Some members on here are carers imagine if I commented that all carers deserved abuse towards them.

1 minute ago, Gkell727 said:

In my opinion you winning a Tips competition doesn’t constitute as gambling. It’s noble that you put yours toward charity but I honestly don’t think it’s necessary. 

Denman will of course keep pushing so Admin will have no choice but to stop all types of giveaways comps etc. 

I have not commented upon on giveaways and competitions at all.

Just now, Gkell727 said:

In my opinion you winning a Tips competition doesn’t constitute as gambling. It’s noble that you put yours toward charity but I honestly don’t think it’s necessary. 

Denman will of course keep pushing so Admin will have no choice but to stop all types of giveaways comps etc. 

I have absolutely no interest in horse betting or betting in general. The comps don't trigger my mind in the slightest. They are exactly as they are just a bit of fun but also I'm in a much better financial situation to 12 months ago so i just see it as giving something back. 👍

• Puke! 1

11 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

I’m sorry to hear that 

If you shared the story about your Nan and then rightly criticised those responsible then I see no issue. As you said your opinion on Carers have changed just because there are some good ones does that mean the bad ones are void of criticism. 

No definitely not and I could name and shame the home and carers but on the whole I know its a tough industry and I have no hate or ill feeling towards it. Ive also worked many years in it and have come across people that refuse to go into care because they were abused and have massive hate towards carers so completely understand their opinion as like yourself with the police thats all they've experienced. So I can understand the viewpoints but I can also understand how a lot of people would be offended by it as there's still a lot of good in all industries

3 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

No definitely not and I could name and shame the home and carers but on the whole I know its a tough industry and I have no hate or ill feeling towards it. Ive also worked many years in it and have come across people that refuse to go into care because they were abused and have massive hate towards carers so completely understand their opinion as like yourself with the police thats all they've experienced. So I can understand the viewpoints but I can also understand how a lot of people would be offended by it as there's still a lot of good in all industries

It doesn't do you any good to be bitter by holding a grudge. We've probably all had the chance to blame others involving a tragedy in our lives but you can't tarnish everyone with the same brush and it is obvious you haven't done that.

30 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

How ironic lol i offered any prize on the horse racing comp to go to charity if i won. I'll be doing the same in future comps as well. Hope you're keeping well mate.

Fair play mate! Keeping well thanks now 15 weeks gamble free.

• Good Luck! 2