Gkell727

Probably being a dafty

Recommended Posts

Not been here long but I’ve noticed a trend here. There’s a great group of us 20+ members who seem to keep the forum going with competitions/quizzes and other things to keep us going. I don’t like the fact the forum seems to have come to a halt due to no sports etc. I think more of an effort should be made to keep the site going. Members shouldn’t have to keep digging in their pocket to be an incentive to keep things moving. Hopefully TGC comes back strong after lockdown but most us are here for the right reasons 

 

rant over  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing annoys me more when a comp comes up and a member who’s been here for 2 years says I don’t contribute but.... 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read the title so yes i agree. That's all

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's inevitable though the today's selection thread is dead. The football acca thread is quiet. These threads will go back to normal in time but it will be in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know but traffic should be better. Some of the funniest threads that have included most members on here have been trivial, people commenting and getting involved for the right reasons. Stick £20 up for grabs and there’s some folk I never knew existed show up. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know mate most are regulars. Just look at the reputation points and most are high that enter the comps. I don't think many if any are here just for that. It's just quiet with the lack of sport on at the minute. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been one for back and forth chatter online. If a thread comes up that I think I can contribute to or add my opinion to, I will. But a lot of threads turn into battles so I just avoid becoming involved. Each to their own I suppose. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how we get over protective lol.

Took me a while to start contributing because it seemed very clicky looking in. Could still be seen like that to some people. 

I say the more the merrier to enter the competitions..... New, old doesn't matter. So any lurker reading this, get on it! 

I think you have to see it as encouraging members, old and new. Shouldn't really matter how or if they contribute and when the joined or if you ever heard of them or not. 

But as Kevin says, it is predominately about the gee gees and sports betting so of course there's going to be less going on.

So yes, i think you're being a dafty.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you're up to @Gkell727 discouraging members in to entering the comps... Hmmmm. More of a chance you get one of the coveted TGC trophies.

Nice try 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only reason it's gone a bit quieter is because Miller isn't here anymore.

He could keep the racing thread going single handedly and just cause a massive argument on every other thread going 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

I have never been one for back and forth chatter online. If a thread comes up that I think I can contribute to or add my opinion to, I will. But a lot of threads turn into battles so I just avoid becoming involved. Each to their own I suppose. 

Obviously not talking about you mate. Not singling anyone out for that matter. I just think the forum’s members should do a bit more sometimes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

Funny how we get over protective lol.

Took me a while to start contributing because it seemed very clicky looking in. Could still be seen like that to some people. 

I say the more the merrier to enter the competitions..... New, old doesn't matter. So any lurker reading this, get on it! 

I think you have to see it as encouraging members, old and new. Shouldn't really matter how or if they contribute and when the joined or if you ever heard of them or not. 

But as Kevin says, it is predominately about the gee gees and sports betting so of course there's going to be less going on.

So yes, i think you're being a dafty.

If every member just waited around for a cash competition to do the rounds this would be a pretty shit place to be. There are a select few (some not here anymore) who keep the discussion going when it’s quiet. Anyway date night with the wife can’t stay on here chatting shit with you lot 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

If every member just waited around for a cash competition to do the rounds this would be a pretty shit place to be. There are a select few (some not here anymore) who keep the discussion going when it’s quiet. Anyway date night with the wife can’t stay on here chatting shit with you lot 

I see how it is use us and abuse us 🤣. Not good enough for you anymore eh 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I leave for the evening does Rothstein play with real cash and has anyone seen the Bum Bandits £6 jamming win? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not always easy to contribute especially if people are new or not well known

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people don’t post on the forum at the moment as there is a evil virus and a snake on the loose slithering through Old threads as spreading venom and poison to other members through pm. 
 

unfortuntely that virus has got one of our forum contributors blacko who’s doesn’t feel comfortable posting due to this any more . 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Levskie101 said:

Not always easy to contribute especially if people are new or not well known

Everyone starts the same mate. 0 contribution points. I like to think there’s enough threads to get involved in 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note the most interactive thing on here for a little bit almost ended in disaster and will have been a widely viewed thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lisbonlions67 said:

Many people don’t post on the forum at the moment as there is a evil virus and a snake on the loose slithering through Old threads as spreading venom and poison to other members through pm. 
 

unfortuntely that virus has got one of our forum contributors blacko who’s doesn’t feel comfortable posting due to this any more . 

I’ve begged blacko back but not to be. I’m lucky enough to chat to him via text anyway matey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gkell727 said:

Everyone starts the same mate. 0 contribution points. I like to think there’s enough threads to get involved in 

No I agree with that mate, just speaking from experience seem difficult to get involved until you dive in

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Levskie101 said:

On another note the most interactive thing on here for a little bit almost ended in disaster and will have been a widely viewed thread 

Am I being thick what thread was that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Levskie101 said:

Not always easy to contribute especially if people are new or not well known

Try not let the bickering and drama put you off.  Everyone was new once.👍 

  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The joint bullet one, would have been in myself had I of been in the forum when it was done. Not sure if it’s allowed to be mentioned since it got locked. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Levskie101 said:

No I agree with that mate, just speaking from experience seem difficult to get involved until you dive in

Hopefully see a bit more of you matey. Don’t be afraid to get stuck in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gkell727 said:

Hopefully see a bit more of you matey. Don’t be afraid to get stuck in 

I will when work dies down, been a member for probably a few years but more of a lurker 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now