Anyone still working?

Blacko

The care sector is on its knees at the moment, an industry that is made up mostly of women is in trouble as most of the workers have young children themselves. I have been running from service to service trying to fill gaps where there is limited staff numbers left to cover. Even slept with my mobile on the pillow as calls and texts  are coming in through the night, I am fucking knackered. Now having to print up ID for new staff as the cops are stopping people up here as some of these daft bastards plainly ignore the advice that Sturgeon and Johnson gave us last night.

Hows everyone else getting on ?

• Agree 3
  • Keeemon 3

The only thing I'm working on is cracking one out to this video of Kate Upton, which you have rudely interrupted.:feelscryman:

You are a top man however if you work in the care sector and I will get you a pint once the pubs re open and school you on days gone by of green and white.

keklol.jpg

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, howfin said:

The only thing I'm working on is cracking one out to this video of Kate Upton, which you have rudely interrupted.:feelscryman:

You are a top man however if you work in the care sector and I will get you a pint once the pubs re open and school you on days gone by of green and white.

keklol.jpg

I knew you would find a way of posting fudger

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I knew you would find a way of posting fudger

😂😂 The problem is for you southern folk fudger isnt a bad word up here like it is doon there. A can text ma dad right now and say what you uptae fudger and it's all good. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The care sector is on its knees at the moment, an industry that is made up mostly of women is in trouble as most of the workers have young children themselves. I have been running from service to service trying to fill gaps where there is limited staff numbers left to cover. Even slept with my mobile on the pillow as calls and texts  are coming in through the night, I am fucking knackered. Now having to print up ID for new staff as the cops are stopping people up here as some of these daft bastards plainly ignore the advice that Sturgeon and Johnson gave us last night.

Yeah, ok mate

Still at work although closed to public now

You're doing  a smashing job

Image result for virtual beer gif

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Blacko said:

Yes buddy started work 5.30pm Friday finished this morning at 10am 

then back in tomorow at 10am for god knows how many days 

Stress is a understatement . 

More people are going to get sick before things improve and the way things are going now I can see the care system being very close to collapsing 

• Keeemon 3

3 minutes ago, lisbonlions67 said:

Anyone in Scotland want a job and don’t have any criminal convictions contact your local care company as We are badly needing workers 

It has been literally impossible to hire decent carers before the pandemic, carers don’t give a fuck about wages, most of us are concerned that we could infect our clients and possibly enhance their long term health issues. I interviewed 6 people last September, wouldn’t have trusted any of them to feed a goldfish.

11 minutes ago, Blacko said:

It has been literally impossible to hire decent carers before the pandemic, carers don’t give a fuck about wages, most of us are concerned that we could infect our clients and possibly enhance their long term health issues. I interviewed 6 people last September, wouldn’t have trusted any of them to feed a goldfish.

Yes couldn’t agree with it more - we are now down to 3 workers in a 24/7 service ..... no relief staff free to work. 

i don’t care about wages but I can’t be working for 3-4 days in a row as the service is classed as a burnout service due to the intensity and challenging behaviour 

• Keeemon 2

Been working from home for the last 2 weeks. Although now with the kids home I have been more focused on providing them with an education still as opposed to letting them play games and watch television all day. Threw all the shite they got sent home with and made a new curriculum for them.

8 minutes ago, lisbonlions67 said:

Yes couldn’t agree with it more - we are now down to 3 workers in a 24/7 service ..... no relief staff free to work. 

i don’t care about wages but I can’t be working for 3-4 days in a row as the service is classed as a burnout service due to the intensity and challenging behaviour 

Autism is extremely difficult to work with as the repetition of the clients can really put a strain on ur patience levels, especially when ur worrying about this corona shit at the same time.

• Keeemon 3

9 minutes ago, Denman said:

Been working from home for the last 2 weeks. Although now with the kids home I have been more focused on providing them with an education still as opposed to letting them play games and watch television all day. Threw all the shite they got sent home with and made a new curriculum for them.

Fair play at least u have a plan to keep ur kids education continuing during the coming Months, not sitting in front of an Xbox 24/7.

1 hour ago, Peter clark said:

Nice one blako yooz all deserve a medal mate , care /health workers at forefront doing a great job . Take my hat of to you all 👍

I’m more concerned for u cabbies Peter!, I’m guaranteed a wage from the local authorities, u lads need to earn. I can’t understand why we’re not using the taxi drivers to deliver food through their community.

• Keeemon 1

31 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Fair play at least u have a plan to keep ur kids education continuing during the coming Months, not sitting in front of an Xbox 24/7.

Yes, well its not a holiday.