My turn.

PieGamble

1 hour ago, PieGamble said:

honesty set me free

you have the wisdom to take you forward and the courage to know what is true and what is false .  Truth will always be rewarded. 

CASTING ASIDE DOUBTS, DEBTS, AND DESPERATION HAS OPENED A DOOR INTO A POSITIVE LIFE --- WELL DONE !!! 

AWESOME POST :thumbs_up:

Edited by Solario333

• 2 months later...

A continuation of my story which I thought I'd share with you guys and shed a little light on the some things that changed in my life along with the problems / challenges that come with it.

I ended up getting back together with my partner just before Xmas which is something I'd very much hoped for but didn't think would happen.

But one of the lingering problems which reared its head was the gambling. To recap - I was a secretive gambler so when your partner finds out something had become pervasive in your life and they have no idea it's hard to come to terms with which in turn naturally leads them to ask - what's to stop it happening again which is really something that's quite difficult to give a reassuring answer to. Trust me isn't going to cut it and I think we problem gamblers are inherently at risk of it coming back - just like any other addiction.

So the practical solution we agreed upon is this. All our money will go into a shared account and anywhere where I have access to money she will have full access as well and review it once a month so credit cards and such like. I'm quite happy with the arrangement and actually gives me a bit of comfort knowing that if I did gamble it would be visible pretty sharpish and I'll be held to account for it. I think this secretive part of my own gambling struggle was always the thing that allowed it to spiral out of control because I never held to account / challenged.

I suppose what this did bring home to me, again, is just how devastating something like problem gambling can be when it comes to destroying trust in a relationship but also how much it can frighten the other half. After all - you're essentially saying this thing took over my life and I had no control....but now I think I'm fine which requires a bit of a leap of faith.

And I suppose the problem gambling - once you have it - stays with you for life whether through doing it or not doing it. But it will never be fully gone.....just becomes quieter over time.

Big love to TGC as always.

• Keeemon 2

• 7 months later...

I come back to this thread from time to time to my revisit thoughts and mind from that time. I wonder if other people do the same?

I feel a bit sad that I had to go through that shit. But not feeling sorry for myself - just the emotional toll I put myself through and the wastefulness of it.  This suggests I still have not found true peace with it all but I'm also aware that might never be the case.

My heart goes out to those unlucky ones still in the trap. I know how you feel and it's tough. Hope one day you find peace.

• Keeemon 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/09/2022 at 21:32, PieGamble said:

I come back to this thread from time to time to my revisit thoughts and mind from that time. I wonder if other people do the same?

I feel a bit sad that I had to go through that shit. But not feeling sorry for myself - just the emotional toll I put myself through and the wastefulness of it.  This suggests I still have not found true peace with it all but I'm also aware that might never be the case.

My heart goes out to those unlucky ones still in the trap. I know how you feel and it's tough. Hope one day you find peace.

Never look back. Life really is too short for regrets. Keep strong x