BBC Radio 2

Blacko

Anyone listen in? Used to enjoy a bit of Wogan years ago until he was replaced by Chris Evans ( his voice is too annoying first thing in the morning ). Ken Bruce is top notch with his legendary pop master quiz. Can’t beat a bit of Jeremy Vine followed by Radio gold Steve Wright.

Whats everyone listen in to?, I know @Kev40 is a radio 2 listener. I picture @Denman tuning into classic fm whilst @RichieFC and @MrUKHackz are into the younger bollocks like Heart or Capital. @Solario333 and @Blampy tune into Saga radio.

• Keeemon 1

14 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

Pirate FM for me

image.png

Just looked on their website and this article was listed on their main news 😂. Your getting placed on the fannybaws list Hackz.

All the winners at the World Pasty Championships

All the winners at the World Pasty Championships

• Love 2

Working as a driver i have a selection of 5 pre set channels all comercial and it does my nut in trying to find a song at times !! Absolute radio being the worst    great music but at times can take 10mins btween songs due to ads and dj prattling on .

Other channels are local clyde 1 (sport)+2 ,( 60s 70s 80s )  forth and heart  basically  run of the mill 

My pet hate is the comps with heart being the worst , must be rakin it in , currently started one to make someone a milliomaire, in the space of 3 months or so every winner opts for the this chance by forfeiting  their £1.000 winnings to enter a draw. says it all about how much they make on this shite . Radio 2 sounds like not a bad option 

2 hours ago, Peter clark said:

Working as a driver i have a selection of 5 pre set channels all comercial and it does my nut in trying to find a song at times !! Absolute radio being the worst    great music but at times can take 10mins btween songs due to ads and dj prattling on .

Other channels are local clyde 1 (sport)+2 ,( 60s 70s 80s )  forth and heart  basically  run of the mill 

My pet hate is the comps with heart being the worst , must be rakin it in , currently started one to make someone a milliomaire, in the space of 3 months or so every winner opts for the this chance by forfeiting  their £1.000 winnings to enter a draw. says it all about how much they make on this shite . Radio 2 sounds like not a bad option 

Just turn off superscoreboard m8 😂

4 hours ago, Blacko said:

Anyone listen in? Used to enjoy a bit of Wogan years ago until he was replaced by Chris Evans ( his voice is too annoying first thing in the morning ). Ken Bruce is top notch with his legendary pop master quiz. Can’t beat a bit of Jeremy Vine followed by Radio gold Steve Wright.

Whats everyone listen in to?, I know @Kev40 is a radio 2 listener. I picture @Denman tuning into classic fm whilst @RichieFC and @MrUKHackz are into the younger bollocks like Heart or Capital. @Solario333 and @Blampy tune into Saga radio.

Carry on like that laddy and you’ll get your troll. I only listen to the radio in the car and in work when I’m on back shift and it’s heart or magic in the car and greatest hits radio in work.

• Love 1

I like Absolute Radio, Absolute Classic Rock, BBC Radio 3 & 4. I don't listen to the radio very often nowadays, if I have a long drive alone I generally just play a podcast like TED Radio Hours, Crime in Sport, Stuff You Missed in History Class, the old Gervais/Marchant/Pilkington Podcast is really hilarious but no good for driving as some of it really cracks me up at least, more recently been working my way through a "Top 20" list of History Audiobooks, currently on one called something like Genghis Khan and the Modern World.

Love audiobooks, been with audible for a few years now, currently listening to I heard you paint houses ( the Irishman ). Also love the docs on youtube, the Chris Hitchens stuff is always a good listen. Currently working my way through the David Irving stuff of all things, disturbing yet interesting.

1 minute ago, Blacko said:

Love audiobooks, been with audible for a few years now, currently listening to I heard you paint houses ( the Irishman ). Also love the docs on youtube, the Chris Hitchens stuff is always a good listen. Currently working my way through the David Irving stuff of all things, disturbing yet interesting.

Do you like history books?

25 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Thanks will give it a go! It’s on audible, an 18 hour listen 😆. You can ask questions afterwards to see how much I’ve learned 🤔

Yeah its a long one, but its really fascinating. It is more the work of a "scholar" as opposed to a relaxing sort of a read/listen. But I enjoyed it.