Time for a gambling break

Player1173

Well tomorrow its been 14 weeks since I had a gamble. I have no temptation to play slots whatsoever, which was my nemesis to be honest. Not out of the woods though after a few beers and/or rums im always tempted to deposit a chunk and go to table games. Dont really know why as I only played these on the odd occasion. Kind of like I want to just have a blow out I suppose. If it wernt for this damn lockdown I would have had a proper blow out by now i.e proper night with the boys which always helps clear my head a few times a year!  

• Puke! 5
  • Keeemon 1

31 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Well tomorrow its been 14 weeks since I had a gamble. I have no temptation to play slots whatsoever, which was my nemesis to be honest. Not out of the woods though after a few beers and/or rums im always tempted to deposit a chunk and go to table games. Dont really know why as I only played these on the odd occasion. Kind of like I want to just have a blow out I suppose. If it wernt for this damn lockdown I would have had a proper blow out by now i.e proper night with the boys which always helps clear my head a few times a year!  

Fantastic job mate. All I can say really is you've stayed strong for this long so don't spoil all the hard work.

Not easy I know but 14 weeks is a great achievement

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

16 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Fantastic job mate. All I can say really is you've stayed strong for this long so don't spoil all the hard work.

Not easy I know but 14 weeks is a great achievement

Cheers David wise words as always. Definately feel better having not gambled thats for sure. 

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Cheers David wise words as always. Definately feel better having not gambled thats for sure. 

Just think how you'll feel in 1 year. I let you guess ...

On top of the world!!!!

Edited by Antonin
  • Puke! 1

1 hour ago, Player1173 said:

Well done mate. 14 weeks completed on to the next 14. 

• Puke! 1

3 hours ago, Player1173 said:

Get in there mate! 

You've got this!

😎🥳💯💪👍

• Puke! 1

20 hours ago, Player1173 said:

Nice one. Can't you pop yourself onto gamstop if you think you will get pissed and make some deposits

27 minutes ago, HenryThelegend said:

Nice one. Can't you pop yourself onto gamstop if you think you will get pissed and make some deposits

Thanks, Ive thought about it but would rather rely on my own discipline tbh. I know even if I signed up to Gamstop and I really wanted to have a go one day I would probably find a way around it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Thanks, Ive thought about it but would rather rely on my own discipline tbh. I know even if I signed up to Gamstop and I really wanted to have a go one day I would probably find a way around it anyway.

That's exactly what I've done. Not for everyone, but works for some

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Fair enough. Its just some added protection which is why a lot of people do it, it is not a substitute for your discipline. It is more to stop rare events when the urges overcome you (like drinking a lot). 

1 minute ago, HenryThelegend said:

Fair enough. Its just some added protection which is why a lot of people do it, it is not a substitute for your discipline. It is more to stop rare events when the urges overcome you (like drinking a lot). 

Absolutely agree any layer of protection can only be a good thing for the most. Knowing me I would enjoy the challenge of overcoming the Gamstop as much as the gamble itself.

• Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Absolutely agree any layer of protection can only be a good thing for the most. Knowing me I would enjoy the challenge of overcoming the Gamstop as much as the gamble itself.

I've said all along that if a gambler wants to gamble they will find a way.

That's not to say that gamstop isn't an essential service because it is for some

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, david1111 said:

Are you finding it easier as time goes on.

Weirdly finding it okay, have no desire to play slots whatsoever. Still tempted to play table games now and then. Sort of not sure what to do really...my intention was to not quit gambling altogether when I decided to take the break, rather to have a few months off and keep my statements clean for my mortgage renewal, which I have now sorted out. I never done my bollocks in or anything like that, was more concerned about the amount of time I was playing for on an average day. I dont believe if I returned to have a deposit I would ever spend hours each day pounding the slots like before as I am genuinely done with them. 

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Player1173 said:

Weirdly finding it okay, have no desire to play slots whatsoever. Still tempted to play table games now and then. Sort of not sure what to do really...my intention was to not quit gambling altogether when I decided to take the break, rather to have a few months off and keep my statements clean for my mortgage renewal, which I have now sorted out. I never done my bollocks in or anything like that, was more concerned about the amount of time I was playing for on an average day. I dont believe if I returned to have a deposit I would ever spend hours each day pounding the slots like before as I am genuinely done with them. 

We're all different how we deal with it. I had to stop totally, but for others just stopping certain aspects of it is enough.

If you can control and enjoy parts of gambling there's nothing wrong with that.

I've said loads of times I'm not anti gambling as it can be an enjoyable pastime.

I think any gambler knows deep down what they should do, but it doesn't always work out.

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Thus speaks a man who isn't sure whether he has succeeded or not --- YES YOU HAVE --- but deep inside you there is another little man who thinks differently and misses the Buzz,the challenge,. I advise you knowledge him by shutting the door completely  and deny the table games too . In my experience they have become seriously crooked over the last decade . Trust in yourself to find a new source of joy and happiness in the company of people , and the fun of life without torment. 

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

Thus speaks a man who isn't sure whether he has succeeded or not --- YES YOU HAVE --- but deep inside you there is another little man who thinks differently and misses the Buzz,the challenge,. I advise you knowledge him by shutting the door completely  and deny the table games too . In my experience they have become seriously crooked over the last decade . Trust in yourself to find a new source of joy and happiness in the company of people , and the fun of life without torment. 

Very wise words. I'll have a think about what to do next and wont do anything hastily. Thanks @Solario333 definately the voice of reason as always.

• Puke! 1

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

We're all different how we deal with it. I had to stop totally, but for others just stopping certain aspects of it is enough.

If you can control and enjoy parts of gambling there's nothing wrong with that.

I've said loads of times I'm not anti gambling as it can be an enjoyable pastime.

I think any gambler knows deep down what they should do, but it doesn't always work out.

Thanks @david1111 appreciate the response. Think you're right if it can be done sensibly than it can be fun. Soon as it starts being more than that its time to take stock. 

• Keeemon 1

35 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Very wise words. I'll have a think about what to do next and wont do anything hastily. Thanks @Solario333 definately the voice of reason as always.

That's real talk from @Solario333 and I echo with him there. 

You know now what's life without gambling and I'm pretty confident that you can live without it for the rest of your days. There's life after gambling.

I'll say I'll be a bit disapointed if you go back to it but you make your own life decisions and you do whatever you want to to.

I appreciate you mate. Well done for the 16 weeks.

Edited by Antonin

5 minutes ago, Antonin said:

That's real talk from @Solario333 and I echo with him there. 

You know now what's life without gambling and I'm pretty confident that you can live without it for the rest of your days. There's life after gambling.

I'll say I'll be a bit disapointed if you go back to it but you make your own life decisions and you do whatever you want to to.

I appreciate you mate. 

@Antonin you cannot bear the struggle of another on your shoulders, for its not your task. Your task is to demonstrate by your own actions , that others may by observing you , see that freedom from desperation is possible and achievable.....  You shine out the light and they will choose to see it ,or ignore it. Either way its not your responsibility to apply force to their decisions  in any way .  Freedom is free choice, in all respects .

Edited by Solario333
  • Puke! 1

4 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

@Antonin you cannot bear the struggle of another on your shoulders, for its not your task. Your task is to demonstrate by your own actions , that others may by observing you , see that freedom from desperation is possible and achievable.....  You shine out the light and they will choose to see it ,or ignore it. Either way its not your responsibility to apply force to their decisions  in any way .  Freedom is free choice, in all respects .

That's right and I'm sure he'll see the light!!! ☺️ 

Edited by Antonin
  • Keeemon 1