Manchester City

RB91

The amount of money involved is not negligible at all, when you take into consideration that they will lose 2 years of Champions League revenue alongside the fine, you're looking at a 9 figure sum being removed their income. That will surely limit what they can do in the transfer market these coming seasons to some extent unless they just go balls deep and break FFP rules again. It will certainly hurt them as you would have expected they would be teeing up to go bonkers in the transfer market over the next few years.

UEFA should really look into the players salaries too, I find it hard to believe that they have so few players among the reported highest earner lists. Many of them must surely be getting their salaries subsidised via dodgy sponsorships paid for by the owners, even with Pep there and the success of the team, I am not convinced that players are drawn to joined Man City, it is purely the money that attracts them.

7 minutes ago, Denman said:

The amount of money involved is not negligible at all, when you take into consideration that they will lose 2 years of Champions League revenue alongside the fine, you're looking at a 9 figure sum being removed their income. That will surely limit what they can do in the transfer market these coming seasons to some extent unless they just go balls deep and break FFP rules again. It will certainly hurt them as you would have expected they would be teeing up to go bonkers in the transfer market over the next few years.

UEFA should really look into the players salaries too, I find it hard to believe that they have so few players among the reported highest earner lists. Many of them must surely be getting their salaries subsidised via dodgy sponsorships paid for by the owners, even with Pep there and the success of the team, I am not convinced that players are drawn to joined Man City, it is purely the money that attracts them.

I'd agree with you on pretty much every point. Even though I hate manu, I'd still say they are at least on par with man City regards pulling power. 

They have all sorts of dodgy sponsorship deals regarding companies being owned by the clubs owners. Conflict of interests 

14 minutes ago, Denman said:

A 30m fine is negligible to the owners of man city (they basically have unlimited funds), obviously the lack of champions league football is what will hurt them.

i agree about the dodgy sponsorships propping up wages, that’s how they’ve propped up the club itself, so it’s a fair assumption that they would do that for the players.

7 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I'd agree with you on pretty much every point. Even though I hate manu, I'd still say they are at least on par with man City regards pulling power. 

They have all sorts of dodgy sponsorship deals regarding companies being owned by the clubs owners. Conflict of interests 

Yeah, I don’t support any team in England personally, but at least everyone understands that Man United make their money, because of their popularity. That’s not the case with a team like City.

2 hours ago, RB91 said:

A 30m fine is negligible to the owners of man city (they basically have unlimited funds), obviously the lack of champions league football is what will hurt them.

i agree about the dodgy sponsorships propping up wages, that’s how they’ve propped up the club itself, so it’s a fair assumption that they would do that for the players.

Well no, because that fine is going to be taken out of their accounts, alongside the loss of revenue from the Champions League, so it will serve to directly impact how much they will be able to spend etc. Of course it doesn't impact the owners so much, it is a pittance for them but a considerable sum in terms of the finances of the club.

45 minutes ago, Denman said:

Well no, because that fine is going to be taken out of their accounts, alongside the loss of revenue from the Champions League, so it will serve to directly impact how much they will be able to spend etc. Of course it doesn't impact the owners so much, it is a pittance for them but a considerable sum in terms of the finances of the club.

I understand your point, but we’re Almost arguing about the same thing. €30m is a lot to Man City, but nothing to the owners, of course that’s true. But if they appeal this charge from UEFA and get found not guilty which is possible, that €30m means absolutely nothing