Guest

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jok3st3r said:

I just seen this..... ☹ how is she doing @VillaLad 

I’ve just heard she should be home tomorrow 😁

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

I’ve just heard she should be home tomorrow 😁

Great news pal 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

I’ve just heard she should be home tomorrow 😁

That's great news 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

So far the Event 201 pandemic drill that conveniently took place 3 months before the actual pandemic began has played out to the letter.  If this trend continues the next step is social shaming by peers so with this gradual summer reopening I notice both Bojo the clown and the wee scunner have added the caveat that it's dependent on continual vaccine rollout so it would not surprise me if a few freedoms were handed back and then stopped in order to make people who are vaccinated pressure those that are not to get vaccinated in order to get back to normal.

We're on the same page fella 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have the Vaccination can I stop wearing masks: No

If I have the Vaccination can I stop social distancing: No

If I have the Vaccination will it stop transmission to others: No,  , Maybe,  We don't know.

If I have the Vaccination will it protect me from covid: No,  Maybe,  We don't know

If I have the Vaccination can I go to the Pub or a restaurant: No

Will lockdown (Back to old normal not new normal) end even if we all have the Vaccination:   Keep Dreaming

Stick the Vaccination up your arse Hancock

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2021 at 17:43, ColourMeUp said:

I'm not getting it yet. 

Could I ask your reason ?

If you'd prefer not to say on here I'll respect that 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Could I ask your reason ?

If you'd prefer not to say on here I'll respect that 

 

Distrust of government - or is that just me 😂😂

Edited by Gkell727

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Distrust of government - or is that just me 😂😂

Mmmmm

Got letter in for mine 

Saddens me to say I have zero faith or trust in all this 

My big mate was all booked to go to Cypress back in 2019 with Thomas Cook, him his wife and two kids all booked to go and see his Dad who lives out in Cypress, Thomas cook went bust so holiday over, waited months to get his cash back, he's self employed so after lots of planning he rearranged it for last April,  Covid struck.

His Mrs is highly against the vaccine and so is he.  I think from what I heard Cypress is allowing people in as of May 1st 

But only if you've had the vaccine 

I wonder how long it will take for ALL dentists to apply the same condition ?   No vaccine No dental treatment along with whatever else gets drummed up 

Accept this jag,  comply or else 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen on the news tonight there'll be another strain of the virus we'll have to contend with soon. The jock strain, feckin rangers fans. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blampy said:

From what I've seen on the news tonight there'll be another strain of the virus we'll have to contend with soon. The jock strain, feckin rangers fans. 

From what I hear Paul played well all season 

.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.image.jpeg.569d900adf5ba5475c9082256f278def.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bangers said:

Could I ask your reason ?

If you'd prefer not to say on here I'll respect that 

 

My general ideology is to do the opposite of what the people in power tell us to do, in fairness, it usually works out for the better. 

+ If you really think that having some experimental vaccine pumped into your body is a good thing then you need your head testing.

I get that people are pressured into for work reasons etc, but still... 

I feel sorry for the people who've been living in so much fear over the last year or so that they feel no choice other than to be injected with something that hasn't had the testing/trials that normal drugs have. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15th of March I'll be getting my first one but I ain't mental 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blampy said:

From what I've seen on the news tonight there'll be another strain of the virus we'll have to contend with soon. The jock strain, feckin rangers fans. 

Any more grief aimed towards jocks or the Gers shall result in a supporters bus being instructed to head down South and cough over u @Blampy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Any more grief aimed towards jocks or the Gers shall result in a supporters bus being instructed to head down South and cough over u @Blampy.

But they will want you send up the money to pay for the petrol @Blampy

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

But they will want you send up the money to pay for the petrol @Blampy

Aye send money up so we can pay for our own oil 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blacko said:

Any more grief aimed towards jocks or the Gers shall result in a supporters bus being instructed to head down South and cough over u @Blampy.

I remember years ago coming back from Old Trafford when Rangers played Man Utd in the Champions league in the supporters bus and we had to make a detour to sort out some girl who screwed over one of the guys for a few hundred quid on Ebay.  I think it had only been on the go a couple of years and she basically took his money never sent whatever it was she was supposed to and laughed at him saying what are you going to do about it and by the next day he knew absolutely everything about her from her social media profiles and they had only just started up as well, he knew her address where she lived and where she worked and the Reg. no. of her car, she was some kind of dance instructor and he told her one day you are going to get what's coming to you.  Basically a team of drunk lads chucked her Fiat Uno into a canal, I was that drunk I can't remember much more about it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I remember years ago coming back from Old Trafford when Rangers played Man Utd in the Champions league in the supporters bus and we had to make a detour to sort out some girl who screwed over one of the guys for a few hundred quid on Ebay.  I think it had only been on the go a couple of years and she basically took his money never sent whatever it was she was supposed to and laughed at him saying what are you going to do about it and by the next day he knew absolutely everything about her from her social media profiles and they had only just started up as well, he knew her address where she lived and where she worked and the Reg. no. of her car, she was some kind of dance instructor and he told her one day you are going to get what's coming to you.  Basically a team of drunk lads chucked her Fiat Uno into a canal, I was that drunk I can't remember much more about it.

You’ll be a happy man tonight then hardman 🇬🇧, cmon you and I, @Bangers and @Peter clark can roll @howfin Lada into the Clyde.

WATP

  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please dont tag me in sectarian of threats of violence posts

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2021 at 23:44, howfin said:

Please dont tag me in sectarian of threats of violence posts

Much love 

image.jpeg.0e3d1f6c0102bcbbd8b1d3fc73b37d7f.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been reading that Europe are now facing a third wave and I cant help but think that they've brought a lot of this on themselves.

To start they were slow to arrange their vaccine programme and fell behind but I think their biggest fuck up was the very public suspension of the Oxford vaccine due to clotting fears. I think Denmark suspended it first and other countries followed. They hadn't shared their data at the time but in the UK I read there were 37 clots from 11million vaccinations, well in line with other vaccines. There are around 3000 clots identified every monthsto give some perspective and this suspension was despite the WHO and EMA advising the vaccine was safe.

So now a week later Germany, France, Italy and Spain have resumed using the vaccine however due to the way they handled the temporary suspension they've lost their public confidence in it. In France 61% of people said they didn't feel the vaccine was safe and in Poland they are now experiencing people not turning up to appointments due to the publicity elsewhere in Europe.

I know their have been arguments going back and forth regarding vaccine supply to Europe and I cant help but think this suspension and how public it was made was a political move more than anything, if it wasn't then it was moronic to make it so public and not consider the fallout if they were wronh. I think its absolutely backfired on them though, they are facing rising numbers, a 3rd wave and have destroyed public confidence in the vaccine.

Anyone else seen this? Correct me if I've got anything wrong or the numbers have since changed. I know everyone has different opinions on the vaccine but so far I personally think it is making a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are now missing appointments if they are due to the  Astra Zeneca vaccine.   I understand that the rate of clots is actually lower than would have been expected given the number of injections and in fact the Astra Zeneca vaccine is actually a reduced risk of clotting compared to many vaccines 

The  numbers in Ireland of positive cases increased yesterday to the highest in a month and it happened  at the week end when numbers are often lower due to people not taking tests then. 

I saw that there are currently millions of Astra Zeneca vaccines in stock in Europe  and it is likely to further play into people fears when they see the the USA is giving away its supplies of the Astra Zeneca vaccines. 

The EU needs to make up its mind if it wants the vaccine after all the threats it keeps making to the company over supply. Then if they do decide to take them  they need to use them and not stockpile them with so much need all over the world.

The threats of preventing export of vaccines could also backfire badly because the vaccine requires many elements and a lot of these are provided from outside the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In recent days the UK has administered more vaccines in a day than Ireland has administered in total since it started to vaccinate at the end of December.  Most people in nursing homes have been done now but they are still vaccinating over 85s and only have around 10% of the population with their first dose. 

The Irish totals up to Friday were 487466 had first vaccine and 181063 have had a second vaccine for a total of 668529 administered in total.

Edited by philinvicta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

In recent days the UK has administered more vaccines in a day than Ireland has administered in total since it started to vaccinate at the end of December.  Most people in nursing homes have been done now but they are still vaccinating over 85s and only have around 10% of the population with their first dose. 

The Irish totals up to Friday were 487466 had first vaccine and 181063 have had a second vaccine for a total of 668529 administered in total.

That's shockingly low. 

Agree the EU need to make their mind up. They are coming across as big kids threatening to take their ball home because they weren't there at the start despite it being their fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

That's shockingly low. 

Agree the EU need to make their mind up. They are coming across as big kids threatening to take their ball home because they weren't there at the start despite it being their fault.

The rate is similar across the whole of the EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now