Gambling solicitor spared immediate jail sentence over 'eye watering' fraud

MrUKHackz

1 minute ago, Denman said:

Wow, so warning was given and still some people proceeded to do business with him...

giphy.webp?cid=790b761188731c7ae55d4a178

There’s no billy big bollocks status to be gained from those that sadly trusted him. 

1 minute ago, Cheryl T said:

There’s no billy big bollocks status to be gained from those that sadly trusted him. 

Absolutely not. More just amazement that people can be so dense.

22 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

Guest Just Nathan

• Guest Just Nathan
  • Guests
    •  
    •  
    •  

PLATINUM HOSPITALITY PASSES

Worth £2,800- £700 a ticket face value cost

accept £1,400 for four 

£750 for two 

Can send via special delivery 

or

meet in person Newcastle today

Or

meet in person chelmsford racecourse tomorrow evening 

Reserved premium seat in the Bobby Moore Club seating blocks on Level One 
Access to Bobby Moore Room from turnstile opening 
Champagne reception 
Hospitality with a three-course set menu and inclusive beer, wine and soft drinks served for three hours from opening 
Inclusive beer, wine and soft drinks for one hour post-fight 
Post-show snacks 
Complimentary fight programme 
Souvenir hospitality pass 
Hospitality staff in attendance 
Private table 

58756D61-1430-4F4F-AD96-49FED8F3E485.png

Was this legit?

I would be pretty sure you could copy this off one of those resale sites or even somewhere that is selling hospitalityand then  make up some bullshit details  or photo a ticket of somebody who has a genuine ticket.  For instance only one ticket is shown   and none of the hospitality .    You then arrange to meet before the night  and take the cash of the person when they get there they find out it is a con and they have not just lost this money but wasted money on travel and maybe hotels.

• Keeemon 2

3 minutes ago, Denman said:

In your secret little messaging group, where you discussed these arrangements, did not one person say that Nathan is dodgy and shouldn't be trusted?

If anything I was convinced he was ok why?

Simple 

I booked a Hotel and Carparking before Blackpool with Nathan for my India trip I think it was £240 saving £££££ 

Before I agreed I rang the Hilton to check it was actually a good deal, the exact same dates, excact same room etc, it was.

I sent him the money, infact I sent him to much, and he messaged back straightaway telling me and refunded the difference.

I then got sent the booking by him, I then rang Hilton to check and went through there automated system, that still was not good enough for me, so I spoke to customer services, they confirmed the booking no money to be paid etc.

So @Denman what else could I do, when people said would i trust him with Blackpool stuff, what would you have done doing all I had above?

Blackpool i did the same rang up etc all fine, until I got an hour away, and then it all went wrong.

Do I think Nathan intentionally tried to rip TGC members off?

No

Did he try to rip off companies and abuse the Hilton points system yes.

He was doing it for Kudos more than anything in my humble opinion.

Like most things unless you know the full facts which very few did, it's hard.

• Keeemon 3

8 minutes ago, Denman said:

In your secret little messaging group, where you discussed these arrangements, did not one person say that Nathan is dodgy and shouldn't be trusted?

Nathan was in the group chat set up to discuss logistics etc.

You were right Denman, like I said lesson learned.

I've got nothing more to say squire.

• Keeemon 2

Just now, Denman said:

Absolutely not. More just amazement that people can be so dense.

Sometimes Denman, it’s not about being dense. It’s having faith in others, giving trust. 

2 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Simple 

I booked a Hotel and Carparking before Blackpool with Nathan for my India trip I think it was £240 saving £££££ 

Before I agreed I rang the Hilton to check it was actually a good deal, the exact same dates, excact same room etc, it was.

I sent him the money, infact I sent him to much, and he messaged back straightaway telling me and refunded the difference.

I then got sent the booking by him, I then rang Hilton to check and went through there automated system, that still was not good enough for me, so I spoke to customer services, they confirmed the booking no money to be paid etc.

So @Denman what else could I do, when people said would i trust him with Blackpool stuff, what would you have done doing all I had above?

Blackpool i did the same rang up etc all fine, until I got an hour away, and then it all went wrong.

No

There is not a lot more you could do other than  double check everything like you did.

As for the actual topic. I liked Nathan, very intelligent man. He has done himself far more harm than he has done to anyone else (arguably). He has effectively thrown away his career now, something which he would have studied and worked hard for. Whether he has done that out of greed, addiction or the stresses of life getting to him is open to debate. Ultimately, I personally wish him the best and hope that he can get his life back on track.

As for the actual topic. I liked Nathan, very intelligent man. He has done himself far more harm than he has done to anyone else (arguably). He has effectively thrown away his career now, something which he would have studied and worked hard for. Whether he has done that out of greed, addiction or the stresses of life getting to him is open to debate. Ultimately, I personally wish him the best and hope that he can get his life back on track.

you after a solicitor at a good price? ?

• Love 1

People make choices in life good or bad. It's him that ultimately chose to rip people off none of us. 

I've been faced with many situations in my life when the easy route would of been to fuck someone over but guess what I did? Yes I sucked it up. 

I'll always hold my head high 

• Keeemon 1

You have such a kind side and that shows it. 

6 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Simple 

No

Reading the newspaper articles about him defrauding his clients when in a position of great responsibility and trust should have been the giveaway to someone so diligent, Adam.