Diary of a fool

Miller26

6 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

David’s the type of bloke who could burn his cereal’s ?

Anyway mate there's worse things.

Just think of the poor little Spanish boy, Juan, who had to cancel his long awaited adoption when he realised his new parents were called Mr & Mrs Kerr

• Love 2

Gosh, I don't know what to say mate, apart from it was inevitable i guess from the number of lucky 15's you were doing and at those stakes. And to think it was those nasty fobt's that tipped you over the edge, you said smaller 15's don't do it for you anymore but lost the plot on something with a maximum jackpot of £500???.

Like a lot of us, betting like this really just an escape, you could win 50k on a bet then the lucky 15's would go up to £50 ones because maybe people like us don't stop because deep down we want to lose. That is the sad reality of it, we just can't help ourselves, it is truly is an addiction.  Control is key,  I am getting better, but chase sessions still arise.

Most of the responses on here have been amazing, I am going to keep coming back and reading over and over again to try and keep myself in check, because it is a struggle.  

I know talking face to face with someone is hard, but you have to find the root of this. Boredom is a key factor I think, we all say we chase that buzz of winning, but deep down do we want that sorrow of losing??? 

You need to get out, some evening classes, painting, a new language, anything.  Make a plan to go out to the theatre, cinema, comedy club or something once a week. You could even take up horse riding ?. There is no one on here more loved on you, because you are so genuine and have such a good heart. Come on mate, let's turn this thread into and this week I did ????. 

Whenever those urges come many will be with you for the support, keep this a daily thing. This thread won't be just for you, I am sure many will take from it, I for one will. Love you bro, you got this.

• Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 3

1 hour ago, Miller26 said:

My mind works different than most. It's impossible for me to walk awatly even with a very small loss. I just hate losing which is a bad mindset for a loser ?

I know that feeling, even if it is £1. people like us can't take it, it is not the money it is losing.  you need to take this mindset in a sport or hobby champ.

• Keeemon 2

8 minutes ago, spursman said:

Gosh, I don't know what to say mate, apart from it was inevitable i guess from the number of lucky 15's you were doing and at those stakes. And to think it was those nasty fobt's that tipped you over the edge, you said smaller 15's don't do it for you anymore but lost the plot on something with a maximum jackpot of £500???.

Like a lot of us, betting like this really just an escape, you could win 50k on a bet then the lucky 15's would go up to £50 ones because maybe people like us don't stop because deep down we want to lose. That is the sad reality of it, we just can't help ourselves, it is truly is an addiction.  Control is key,  I am getting better, but chase sessions still arise.

Most of the responses on here have been amazing, I am going to keep coming back and reading over and over again to try and keep myself in check, because it is a struggle.  

I know talking face to face with someone is hard, but you have to find the root of this. Boredom is a key factor I think, we all say we chase that buzz of winning, but deep down do we want that sorrow of losing??? 

You need to get out, some evening classes, painting, a new language, anything.  Make a plan to go out to the theatre, cinema, comedy club or something once a week. You could even take up horse riding ?. There is no one on here more loved on you, because you are so genuine and have such a good heart. Come on mate, let's turn this thread into and this week I did ????. 

Whenever those urges come many will be with you for the support, keep this a daily thing. This thread won't be just for you, I am sure many will take from it, I for one will. Love you bro, you got this.

Such kind words from a top bloke. I really really need a hobby mate but I'm terrible at painting so that's out the window. 

I'll probably explain my situation more over the coming weeks 

• Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Cheers mate, it's a weird mindset isn't it. How are you doing champ? 

Still fudged up in general terms, which highlights something you have going for you. One bonus is i've hardly smoked in the last 4 weeks, someone bought email a vape, so far so good. I know you wanted to quit, don't know how that is going, but mate seriously it is the way forward.

2 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Such kind words from a top bloke. I really really need a hobby mate but I'm terrible at painting so that's out the window. 

Just a foot note mate, make sure you put up your gamble free days as I can guarantee that you will think twice before gambling again.

Trust me, it makes a difference

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Just a foot note mate, make sure you put up your gamble free days as I can guarantee that you will think twice before gambling again.

Trust me, it makes a difference

That's exactly what I'm going to do. It's going to be Frank and honest. If I don't write you will know I've been gambling because I don't lie champ 

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

That is the whole idea, your pants at painting, so you get better. Have that hate losing mentality with something else. I think miller paints shit, prove me wrong.  You need to find something that is challenging otherwise there is no point. Come on mate, grab it by the horns, no more beating about the bush.  A language even, with a holiday geared towards it after or during. with the money you will be saving, and the right mindset and the support on here impossible is nothing. 

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, spursman said:

That is the whole idea, your pants at painting, so you get better. Have that hate losing mentality with something else. I think miller paints shit, prove me wrong.  You need to find something that is challenging otherwise there is no point. Come on mate, grab it by the horns, no more beating about the bush.  A language even, with a holiday geared towards it after or during. with the money you will be saving, and the right mindset and the support on here impossible is nothing. 

Got some ideas mate, I'll take a look around to see what's about in my area but we are talking about Stoke ?

1 minute ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Champ, I cannot add anything that hasn't been said by the top TGC crew.

Feels like you really need to invest in yourself instead.

Gambling is an addiction it's not a life and you can choose to live it without just like members on here. 

Be strong.

Cheers mate, I need to win this race more than any other. Keep backing them winners 

1 minute ago, Hacko 1 said:

Get the dartboard out lad and start practicing when you get bored, there’s an scoring app called N01 which keeps track of your stats etc etc

That might be an idea mate, I've still got a dartboard set up in me spear room. No darts though