FOBT - Fortune spins.

PieGamble

This was discussed on another thread so rather than derail I thought I'd start another thread.

I have a few questions about fortune spins on fobts.

1.) What's the general opinion on these?

My personal opinion is that they are incredibly bad for just about everyone except the bookies. They churn through balance in a fraction of the time compared to normal slots and the outcomes rarely justify the means.

I also feel the structure of the simplified boards are designed to induce tilt due to the fact you are almost always 'so close' to hitting a winning line.

Problem gamblers nightmare / bookies dream.

2.) Are they really compensated?

It was mentioned on another thread that fortune spins are compensated which was a complete shock to me. A compensated game used to seed a random game must sit in some legislative grey zone surely? Or is the old 'random' part of the game claimed to be compensated as well now even though it probably isn't? What a cluster fuck.

If they really are compensated though then I wonder what advantage play opportunities arrive? Because there will definitely be good times to play them vs bad. I wonder what the range is for the compensated element? It must be tight otherwise you could get absolutely smashed if it's in take mode. Someone mentioned £256 to get a winning spin which paid nothing. Imagine that.

The only reason I can think of why these would be compensated would be to try and flatten out the dead spins to try and get as close to the old big bets as possible.

But if they are indeed compensated then why not simply use some form of token build up to literally guarantee it will 99.9% of the time land that winning spin once every 1 in 25 spins or whatever it happens to be. I guess that probably doesn't serve the bookies interests.

I was playing a game called Himalaya by barcrest and was doing fortune spins. It plays out a pie gamble where you have a 33% chance of winning which then plays out an enhanced spin. In one £100 session I once missed the 33% winning part of the pie for 9 consecutive spins (approximately approximately 2% chance) three times. Where as I never once hit a winning section more than two consecutive spins (approximately 3% chance). The odds of hitting those losing streaks in such a small sample size are so long that it left me feeling that the machine couldn't possibly be fair. If it was compensated that would certainly clear things up.

Anyway, ramble over, would love to hear your thoughts?

• Keeemon 4

Guest andywilliams1187

Hi mate, 

1:

I think they are shit value to be fair; they spin so fast on £2.00 a spin that it can destroy a balance in no time. I really believe this has been done deliberatley to try and bridge the gap between a £2.00 stake and the old maximum £100 roulette spin (or £50 fortune spin). I am not sure how they get away with it to be honest. 

2:

I have heard that they are compensated; but to what extent I do not know. They could be compensated over 100's of thousands of spins so I suppose you could potentially hit back to back fortune spins for a while but then the poor fucker who plays it next could go hundreds of spins without hitting. 

1. Having been playing these again recently my opinion varies dependent on the game. For example fortune spins on Black Knight seem to be fair and if you hit them can bonus fairly regularly whereas slots like fortune of gold (shite game anyway) which has 3 different fortune spins hoovers the balance and rarely I've seen it pay back even the supposed stake for the spins. 

2. Surely can't be compensated as like you said there will be some sort of advantage play. I know the fruits they used to have on them ones like Trail Blazer were, as they are basically a fruit machine but people rarely played them anyway.

Overall not a massive fan of them and stick to the few games I like. Rocky and Rainbow Riches when the pots are decent, also like the clover bonus you get on RR now as again seems to at least give the illusion its somewhat fair ish. 

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

1. Having been playing these again recently my opinion varies dependent on the game. For example fortune spins on Black Knight seem to be fair and if you hit them can bonus fairly regularly whereas slots like fortune of gold (shite game anyway) which has 3 different fortune spins hoovers the balance and rarely I've seen it pay back even the supposed stake for the spins. 

2. Surely can't be compensated as like you said there will be some sort of advantage play. I know the fruits they used to have on them ones like Trail Blazer were, as they are basically a fruit machine but people rarely played them anyway.

Overall not a massive fan of them and stick to the few games I like. Rocky and Rainbow Riches when the pots are decent, also like the clover bonus you get on RR now as again seems to at least give the illusion its somewhat fair ish. 

I was playing rainbow riches lst year with the clover bonus Paul. It took £600 off me in literally 30 mins and only got a spin twice. 

Guess it just shows the ones people like are the ones they win on. It sounds obvious I know ?

1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

I was playing rainbow riches lst year with the clover bonus Paul. It took £600 off me in literally 30 mins and only got a spin twice. 

Guess it just shows the ones people like are the ones they win on. It sounds obvious I know ?

Yeh I guess sessions like that are inevitable, last week on them I built a balance to 1.7k planned to walk at 1.5k balance went to £1,499.85 and because of the 15p off I did a few more spins then a few more and so on until it was all gone. Should have just put 15p in from my wallet.

I was talking to a guy in there that said he had put over £500 into Black Knight fortune spins without a single hit, Onabucket also said he saw the same thing once

• Agree 2
  • Keeemon 1
  • Get In! 1

2 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Yeh I guess sessions like that are inevitable, last week on them I built a balance to 1.7k planned to walk at 1.5k balance went to £1,499.85 and because of the 15p off I did a few more spins then a few more and so on until it was all gone. Should have just put 15p in from my wallet.

I was talking to a guy in there that said he had put over £500 into Black Knight fortune spins without a single hit, Onabucket also said he saw the same thing once

That's a gamblers worst nightmare mate in its got to be an even number. I was playing on Thai flower and ended up £300 in without a single win over £5 until I got a spin of the wheel. Got 10 free spins and it paid about £475. Glad I've fucked them off to be honest champ. 

Question for you 

Do you feel you can play them without going over the top now or are you going to get rid in the new year? 

34 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Hi mate, 

1:

I think they are shit value to be fair; they spin so fast on £2.00 a spin that it can destroy a balance in no time. I really believe this has been done deliberatley to try and bridge the gap between a £2.00 stake and the old maximum £100 roulette spin (or £50 fortune spin). I am not sure how they get away with it to be honest. 

2:

I have heard that they are compensated; but to what extent I do not know. They could be compensated over 100's of thousands of spins so I suppose you could potentially hit back to back fortune spins for a while but then the poor fucker who plays it next could go hundreds of spins without hitting. 

If you use the pub fruits as an example you should be able to force them but what idiot would try and force a £500 jackpot ?

13 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

My largest ever balance wipe out on a fobt was £1700 although that was with big bets still available. Choker.

I will do some calcs to try and figure out what the probable ceiling limit is for peak balance on a fobt based on slot play. I think it can't be far off £1700 to be honest. The max bet, RTP and £500 jackpot must all align to ensure you will inevitably never get above a certain amount.

And yeah most of those rainbow games are shit in my opinion except for reels of gold which I strangely like a great deal.

4 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Whether the games are compensated makes no or little difference to the average player. Simply all fobts are so greedy it's clearly not acting fairly . So walk away and stay away or go broke . 

It actually makes a massive difference but yes to your point it might mean nothing to an average player.

If they are compensated (and the help file will state if it is) then there will inevitably been advantage plays available.

Edited by PieGamble
  • Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

That's a gamblers worst nightmare mate in its got to be an even number. I was playing on Thai flower and ended up £300 in without a single win over £5 until I got a spin of the wheel. Got 10 free spins and it paid about £475. Glad I've fucked them off to be honest champ. 

Question for you 

Do you feel you can play them without going over the top now or are you going to get rid in the new year? 

Since beginning of this month I've had 4 sessions on them and yeh now there is no roulette or mega spins for me they are very different. Its not to say they still aren't dangerous but I guess the chase element isn't there, well unless you play more than one terminal.

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Rocknrolla said:

Since beginning of this month I've had 4 sessions on them and yeh now there is no roulette or mega spins for me they are very different. Its not to say they still aren't dangerous but I guess the chase element isn't there, well unless you play more than one terminal.

Everyone is different aren't they mate. I just can't play anymore because I've no real control. Saw a guy just before Christmas playing fishing frenzy at £2 ago on 4 terminals. He was almost in tears walking out, felt so bad for him. 

5 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Apparently playing more than one terminal at the same time is disallowed in Ladbrokes. Saw a guy get pulled up about it last week.

• Ha Haa 1

Don't quote me on this because I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the compensated FOBTs games essentially have a range of higher and lower RTPs programmed in and will switch between them to manipulate the likelihood of winning in shorter periods of time to make up the overall long term RTP. Basically if recent play has been outside some defined target range, the game will make it correspondingly more or less likely for you to win. So there is still an element of randomness but the game is "compensating" the odds for having taken too much or too little money.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, PieGamble said:

It was mentioned on another thread that fortune spins are compensated which was a complete shock to me.

You will know if it's compensated because when you hit the button to enter Fortune Spins it will literally say "THIS GAME IS COMPENSATED AND MAY BE INFLUENCED BY PREVIOUS PLAY" on the loading screen.

1 hour ago, PieGamble said:

But if they are indeed compensated then why not simply use some form of token build up to literally guarantee it will 99.9% of the time land that winning spin once every 1 in 25 spins or whatever it happens to be.

They can't do that because they have to be built in a way that a player cannot reliably predict when a win will occur, I think that's actually in the technical regulations for B3 category games.

• Keeemon 1

29 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

A few years ago I was in a bookies and saw a guy who'd built up a credit on the machine of around £4950 on an insanely lucky roulette streak. I was on the machine next to him and he actually said to me oh I'll just get it to 5k and walk. Over just 30 minutes he proceeded to lose the entire balance. His skin was fucking grey when he walked out.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Dave151 said:

They can't do that because they have to be built in a way that a player cannot reliably predict when a win will occur, I think that's actually in the technical regulations for B3 category games.

Yes I thought there was something along those lines written into the regulation. I'll go and take a read.

But you can side step they by making it 99.9% likely hence it's still technically compliant. They use a system in the Netherlands (arcades) where the maximum stake is 20c from a cash balance. You can do upto 2eur stakes from an accumulated balance. So what they do is offer you a pie gamble with a 99.99% chance of winning your original stake which then goes into your balance. So people just shove things in the buttons to simulate autoplay and use that to transfer cash to balance so they can then play at higher stakes.

This is where I got my inspiration from re: token build up idea.

8 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

edit its not fortunes of gold but drops of gold, don't play it! also just did £300 through black knight fortune spins and not one feature so maybe my opinion should wait until I've played a bit more ha

Brilliant one day awful the next and the next and so on......... 

Happy new year champ 

I was getting back to back fortune spins on Centurion, Rolla will vouch for that. He also gave me £120 for fortune spins and I got it to £450 ish I think, not far off a monkey so they can definitely have nice hot streaks although it done nothing for the first £100.

Also Rolla was dropping Jackpots out of everything he played, I can definitely see the appeal and why people get reeled in.

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, MrUKHackz said:

I was getting back to back fortune spins on Centurion, Rolla will vouch for that. He also gave me £120 for fortune spins and I got it to £450 ish I think, not far off a monkey so they can definitely have nice hot streaks although it done nothing for the first £100.

Also Rolla was dropping Jackpots out of everything he played, I can definitely see the appeal and why people get reeled in.

“Rolla was dropping Jackpots out of everything he played”

Wait for it.........

B476A91D-6126-43CA-A3F4-B07619D5DC68.jpeg

• Love 4