FOBT - Fortune spins.

PieGamble

Guest Chair Slots
On 31/12/2019 at 13:43, Dave151 said:

Don't quote me on this because I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the compensated FOBTs games essentially have a range of higher and lower RTPs programmed in and will switch between them to manipulate the likelihood of winning in shorter periods of time to make up the overall long term RTP. Basically if recent play has been outside some defined target range, the game will make it correspondingly more or less likely for you to win. So there is still an element of randomness but the game is "compensating" the odds for having taken too much or too little money.

I believe you've just defined the word 'compensated'.

Guest Chair Slots

B2 and B3 category machines do not specify that the games have to be random and not compensated. So it's perfectly legal to have a compensated game (the initial Fortune Spins game) triggering the random game (the outcome of the 5 or whatever individual spins you 'win'.)

It's perfectly normal to see fully compensated £500 jp machines in arcades. It's been like that ever since the categories were defined.I think the 'Free Play 500' slots and all its variants are compensated.

The two said categories and their requirements are below:

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-gambling-businesses/Compliance/Sector-specific-compliance/Arcades-and-machines/Gaming-machine-categories/B2-gaming-machines.aspx

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-gambling-businesses/Compliance/Sector-specific-compliance/Arcades-and-machines/Gaming-machine-categories/B3-gaming-machines.aspx

So after looking into this a bit more it turns out that advantage play has been alive and kicking in the fobt space. Apparently the pots on lucky 8 roulette and key bet move into +EV at certain levels and players figured this out and went around using certain betting strategies to limit losses, hitting them en masse.

Well I'll be damned.

On 31/12/2019 at 17:49, Rocknrolla said:

edit its not fortunes of gold but drops of gold, don't play it! also just did £300 through black knight fortune spins and not one feature so maybe my opinion should wait until I've played a bit more ha

Drops of gold is a fucking sickening game on fortune spins. I had a balance of 1800 last week when i went on to that game. Well i ended up having to walk with 1000 as they shut. I hated that loss especially since id done 200 spins without a fortune spin when i had to leave.  In my infinite wisdom i did something i never do... i went back the next morning. Well this is where it gets disgusting, it took the 1000... plus another 300 from my bank. I ended up cashing in some 50 on scratch cards i had saved and played that, it was literally my last chance. Well somehow i got 1500 back off the game. I played a few more games then went onto that dirty black knight community which rinsed me for 250 so i left.

Ive played these a lot over the last two weeks and somehow i would say i am up on fortune spins (not overall). With that said i have put all the cash i had in the bank so i cant have it to hand, quite a few times i would be 600-1000 in on a game to then recover it. I think the instance above though describes what can happen though, at one point i was over 2k down on one game. On the flip side, if i didnt play that last 50 then someone would have won a huge bank off fuck all. 

Fortune spins are disgusting, i play them because you can get lucky n win big quick but ive removed my bank roll so won't be bothering for a while. I think they are so so much worse than £50 spins, its sickening to watch it take 200 to get a go and then pay only 80 pence. I The bookies tried to get around the roulette stake reduction with the spin bar shit but that hasnt appealed to many however i think they have totally gotten away with it on the fortune spins and its worse than ever. 

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Drops of gold is a fucking sickening game on fortune spins. I had a balance of 1800 last week when i went on to that game. Well i ended up having to walk with 1000 as they shut. I hated that loss especially since id done 200 spins without a fortune spin when i had to leave.  In my infinite wisdom i did something i never do... i went back the next morning. Well this is where it gets disgusting, it took the 1000... plus another 300 from my bank. I ended up cashing in some 50 on scratch cards i had saved and played that, it was literally my last chance. Well somehow i got 1500 back off the game. I played a few more games then went onto that dirty black knight community which rinsed me for 250 so i left.

Ive played these a lot over the last two weeks and somehow i would say i am up on fortune spins (not overall). With that said i have put all the cash i had in the bank so i cant have it to hand, quite a few times i would be 600-1000 in on a game to then recover it. I think the instance above though describes what can happen though, at one point i was over 2k down on one game. On the flip side, if i didnt play that last 50 then someone would have won a huge bank off fuck all. 

Fortune spins are disgusting, i play them because you can get lucky n win big quick but ive removed my bank roll so won't be bothering for a while. I think they are so so much worse than £50 spins, its sickening to watch it take 200 to get a go and then pay only 80 pence. I The bookies tried to get around the roulette stake reduction with the spin bar shit but that hasnt appealed to many however i think they have totally gotten away with it on the fortune spins and its worse than ever. 

Another well written post mate. In the cold light of day after reading that it's a wonder why anyone would play them. 

• Keeemon 1

On 31/12/2019 at 13:39, Miller26 said:

Everyone is different aren't they mate. I just can't play anymore because I've no real control. Saw a guy just before Christmas playing fishing frenzy at £2 ago on 4 terminals. He was almost in tears walking out, felt so bad for him. 

I saw a woman playing on three terminals she had massive balances. (this was before the £2 limit was introduced). later that day the bookie and the woman her self told me she won 17k, unreal. upon another conversation a year down  the line new workers in the same bookies asked me what the biggest win i had had seen or heard of. three times arounf the 17k mark taken from fobts in a session. my personal most from one session on one machine was just over 2k. they said 2k was believeable but not 17k as overa certain amount(cant remember the figure they said) would be, as to what they refer to, as "a super jackpot" or rather multiple super jackpots. 

I play blueprints on the 500s, don’t really like the online stuff so the new megaways doesn’t really interest me. Considering I’ve got myself under a lot more control recently I just quite like watching to see how these things are turning out and the lengths they’re going to to get some momentum back

12 minutes ago, DEVIL4POSTER said:

I saw a woman playing on three terminals she had massive balances. (this was before the £2 limit was introduced). later that day the bookie and the woman her self told me she won 17k, unreal. upon another conversation a year down  the line new workers in the same bookies asked me what the biggest win i had had seen or heard of. three times arounf the 17k mark taken from fobts in a session. my personal most from one session on one machine was just over 2k. they said 2k was believeable but not 17k as overa certain amount(cant remember the figure they said) would be, as to what they refer to, as "a super jackpot" or rather multiple super jackpots. 

I've seen some massive wins mate as well, one I can remember was around 7k I think off roulette but I've also seen one guys do 14k in one day on the roulette. How that was even allowed I'll never no. 

1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

I've seen some massive wins mate as well, one I can remember was around 7k I think off roulette but I've also seen one guys do 14k in one day on the roulette. How that was even allowed I'll never no. 

yeah i vaguely recall, but i never played them then that ladbrokes didn't have a cap and remember hearing one of the chinese takeaway onwers winning or losing 50k in a day max betting nonstop i believe. long time ago all a bit fuzzy. i know the guy they were talking about to look at, owned a chain of takeaways and who knows what else.

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, DEVIL4POSTER said:

yeah i vaguely recall, but i never played them then that ladbrokes didn't have a cap and remember hearing one of the chinese takeaway onwers winning or losing 50k in a day max betting nonstop i believe. long time ago all a bit fuzzy. i know the guy they were talking about to look at, owned a chain of takeaways and who knows what else.

I can imagine that's true. Them Chinese guys are massive gamblers. 

7 hours ago, PieGamble said:

So after looking into this a bit more it turns out that advantage play has been alive and kicking in the fobt space. Apparently the pots on lucky 8 roulette and key bet move into +EV at certain levels and players figured this out and went around using certain betting strategies to limit losses, hitting them en masse.

Well I'll be damned.

Another point to note on this - the times involved (upto 6 hrs a hit) meant that only someone unemployed could realistically do this as a full time thing.

I don't think the advantage play would work so well on regular slots due to the fact that you can never really be sure when you are in a +EV situation as you will not know the odds involved. The win distributions on slots also means this could be a lot harder to hit. Keybet JP was fixed at something like 1 in 475. Never gonna have those short odds on a slot machine.

Edited by PieGamble

5 hours ago, Brownman24 said:

I play blueprints on the 500s, don’t really like the online stuff so the new megaways doesn’t really interest me. Considering I’ve got myself under a lot more control recently I just quite like watching to see how these things are turning out and the lengths they’re going to to get some momentum back

Best just leave them mate full stop. There's more to life 

• 2 weeks later...

There are two types of fobts if I'm not mistaken - the ones you get in Betfred which I think are produced by inspired gaming. The other ones you find in corals etc are produced by scientific gaming.

Fortune spins on the inspired fobts are compensated. I know this because it does in fact flash that information up on the screen when you go into fortune spins.

So yeah....I'll be damned.

Next question - is there a tell re: compensated state? If there is then that's going to be worth a few quid to be made.

Guest Chair Slots
2 hours ago, PieGamble said:

There are two types of fobts if I'm not mistaken - the ones you get in Betfred which I think are produced by inspired gaming. The other ones you find in corals etc are produced by scientific gaming.

Fortune spins on the inspired fobts are compensated. I know this because it does in fact flash that information up on the screen when you go into fortune spins.

So yeah....I'll be damned.

Next question - is there a tell re: compensated state? If there is then that's going to be worth a few quid to be made.

Listen to see if it’s backing ?