Sad demise of the bdo

Miller26

13 hours ago, Hacko 1 said:

Some great posts above, I would be gutted to see the BDO collapse personally as I have played in the super league and entered many of their open comps which were bdo ranked.

The bdo most importantly caters for every level of dart player out there and gives the kids a good insight into the game and avenues of opportunity if they wish to continue, the talent of some of the young kids these days is frightening, the last money tournament I played in was won by a 14 year old lad.

Anyone can go to Q school in Wigan in January and try to get a PDC card but the standard is very very high and no room for errors, if you don’t regularly hit 15 dart finishes then don’t even waste your time and turn up to try.

I remember giving it a go a few years back, bought myself a board and spent a fortune on different sets of darts. I practiced a fair bit but never really had anyone to play against so I asked the missus to play a game. She has never held a dart in her life and ended up beating me.

Next day I gave the board and all the gear I bought to a charity shop. Never threw a dart after that. An extremely difficult game to master.