I've Quit Gambling Yesterday!

Antonin

9 minutes ago, Legendary Hamster said:

Haha, I'm helpful here but my niece recently told me about a problem with her boyfriend - all the advice I had was 'dump him, you can do better' lol. I wasn't really paying attention, luckily I don't think she listened :)

Having been through the mill in terms of gambling addiction, it is quite close to my heart.

Same here LH. I've never opened up to anyone close to me about my gambling past but feel I can here. I know it's anonamys but it's still an avenue for me or anyone who needs to chat. 

Edited by david1111
  • Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Don't know but i am feeling so much better when i do not gamble. In two weeks even if i relapsed i can see some good things. Payday should come tomorrow. ?

You will continue to feel better as time goes on if you can stay gamble free. You will see a better future without the gambling monkey around your neck. 

• Keeemon 2

Alright, my pay is finally in my bank. BUT.....

That is not a fail but almost. ???

400 already gone!!!!

Was 800€ up and then AS USUAL blew the fudging lot!!!! Can not stop myself, fudge me.

800€ it is like PEANUTS or what for me ?

I am doing everything i can but i relapse everytime. Do not want to do that anymore....

I said to myself to stop after this win and after and after... but noooo... i never stop.

Thank you for the support but it become ridiculous and i do not know why i keep going like that....

This world of gambling is evil.

Antonin.

• Keeemon 1

6 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

Alright, my pay is finally in my bank. BUT.....

That is not a fail but almost. ???

400 already gone!!!!

Was 800€ up and then AS USUAL blew the fudging lot!!!! Can not stop myself, fudge me.

800€ it is like PEANUTS or what for me ?

I am doing everything i can but i relapse everytime. Do not want to do that anymore....

I said to myself to stop after this win and after and after... but noooo... i never stop.

Thank you for the support but it become ridiculous and i do not know why i keep going like that....

This world of gambling is evil.

Antonin.

Morning mate. I know how bad you must be feeling. I know you said your father was going to look after your money so maybe the only option for you if it is possible is to have your money paid into your father's account. It may be the only way if the temptation is too great when you get paid. Let me know. 

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

You are right! Unfortunately, it is the only way. 

I will fight me to beat this addiction. It can take few months but i will do it.

So, for the third time.

Day 1.

Antonin.

Come on. You can do it. Just a tip if it helps. When you are going to gamble and about to deposit just take a step back and go and do something else for 10 minutes and think hard about what you are about to do. It could work

• Keeemon 2

Number 22 is such an horrible number. Came in 2 times in a row when i covered almost all the wheel apart tier and some numbers for a last 400€ spin.

Was going for jackpot 0, but it is what it is. 

I swear those wheels are rigged to rip you off. No matter what. They will take it all back because they know gamblers will always come back in the game.

It was really too much.

Friday 13. It is the day.

• Keeemon 1

7 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Number 22 is such an horrible number. Came in 2 times in a row when i covered almost all the wheel apart tier and some numbers for a last 400€ spin.

I swear those wheels are rigged to rip you off. No matter what. They will take it all back because they know gamblers will always come back in the game.

It was really too much.

I think you've answered your own question there my friend as to why you need to quit 

59 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

It was really too much.

Hi kid, first thing to do is not beat yourself up about it. You've gambled and lost but still have enough to get through til payday so give your dad your bank card.

David is right, when you get the urge just stop and go do something else, it can be anything - go for a coffee and a slice of cake, for for a run, anything which stops you from giving in. If your anything like most people you just need to distract yourself for a few minutes until the urge passes.

There is no quick win, just self exclude from everywhere and put someone else in charge of your money.

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, cant_moaning said:

A bit depressed today. No money again. 1 month to hold. Sad day.

Im sorry mate. I do understand how you feel. I've been there. All I can say is hang in there. Things will get better, a lot better if you can kick the gambling. Try not be too low about it. You're not on your own. 

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Im sorry mate. I do understand how you feel. I've been there. All I can say is hang in there. Things will get better, a lot better if you can kick the gambling. Try not be too low about it. You're not on your own. 

Thanks friend. It is very hard. I feel i can't control that.... Every month it is the same. What is the point....

10 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Thanks friend. It is very hard. I feel i can't control that.... Every month it is the same. What is the point....

It is the effect of gambling that is making you feel like this. I would urge you to use Gamban so its then impossible to gamble online. There is always a point friend. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Speak to your father who is, aware of your situation. You need people around you who understand and will help you. Keep your chin up. Things are never that bad. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 12:31, david1111 said:

Hi Antonin

How are you doing today, hope you are feeling a bit more positive.

Cheers

Hi friend, 

To be honest not really. But i think it because of gambling. And because i've lost it all again. 

4 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Hi friend, 

To be honest not really. But i think it because of gambling. And because i've lost it all again. 

I know its tough when you've lost money and have to wait again for payday. But remember when you get paid again remember how you are feeling now and tell yourself that you don't want to put yourself in the same position again 

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 1