I've Quit Gambling Yesterday!

Antonin

3 hours ago, Legendary Hamster said:

Morning kid, sorry I've not been around for a few days but it sounds like you're still keeping control which is great to hear!

If you've got Easter weekend off make sure you keep yourself busy to avoid those thoughts from slipping into your head... 

Happy Easter, and I hope to hear from you next week with more good news :)

You do not have to be sorry friend. We all have our own life. Thank you to be there. :)

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

Alright mate. You a quick check in to see how you're doing 

Hi friend, i am alright.

Had a bet yesterday and i lost it. I feel like i am more in control but sometime i have an urge. Only 30€ lost. 

• Keeemon 1

8 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Hi friend, i am alright.

Had a bet yesterday and i lost it. I feel like i am more in control but sometime i have an urge. Only 30€ lost. 

I do know how hard it is and I know you are trying. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Have you considered gamban? 

To be honest, that is pretty hard for me to say "no" to gambling. Even if i know that gambling always rip you off. I still try. I have had some cash 2 days ago and then guess what happened. I do not know what is going on with me. It is like i need it even it is not good. 

2 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

To be honest, that is pretty hard for me to say "no" to gambling. Even if i know that gambling always rip you off. I still try. I have had some cash 2 days ago and then guess what happened. I do not know what is going on with me. It is like i need it even it is not good. 

Morning kid, 

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a lapse but it happens. The main thing is realising you've had one and not getting tilted to gamble more.

What exactly are the things you struggle to stop gambling on? Do you find it is worse when you have money in your wallet or just funds regardless of being in your pocket or your bank? Is there a specific time of day when you do it or is it part of a routine (going home from work, Uni or whatever)?

People have triggers and it's important to try to recognise them, until you do then you'll find it harder...

• Keeemon 2

4 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

We can all emphasise with you. Its really hard to give an addiction up and expect it to go smoothly. LH is right in what he says so cant really add to that. Next time you are about to gamble come on here instead and we'll do our best to talk you out of it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Legendary Hamster said:

Morning kid, 

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a lapse but it happens. The main thing is realising you've had one and not getting tilted to gamble more.

What exactly are the things you struggle to stop gambling on? Do you find it is worse when you have money in your wallet or just funds regardless of being in your pocket or your bank? Is there a specific time of day when you do it or is it part of a routine (going home from work, Uni or whatever)?

People have triggers and it's important to try to recognise them, until you do then you'll find it harder...

Basically, when i have funds, no matter if it is in my bank or in cash. It is so tempting.

When i come back from work. Sometime, when i have nothing to do. I said to myself "why not a little gamble". Even if i lose, it is the same thing.

Edited by cant_moaning
  • Keeemon 1

48 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

Basically, when i have funds, no matter if it is in my bank or in cash. It is so tempting.

When i come back from work. Sometime, when i have nothing to do. I said to myself "why not a little gamble". Even if i lose, it is the same thing.

Hi Antonin. Just noticed your post. Just a thought but do you have a trusted friend who could perhaps look after your spare cash for you to take away the temptation 

• Keeemon 4

Exactly what david1111 said, get someone to be in charge of your money.

I Gamble a lot between poker and slots but i have a strict bankroll management and a trusted family member has hold of a bank in my name that i do not know the pin or anything to and this is where my winnings and savings go. 

I can't over gamble and will always have savings and my 6k winnings last month are just tucked away in it and forgotten about.

All you need to do is get someone to be in charge of your money but obviously without the gambling bit involved.

Good Luck Either way mate :D

Edited by Murphyturner
didn't realise what flipping month we was in loooolll
  • Keeemon 4

2 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

Yup, David beat me to it. Do you have a friend you can entrust your cash with? Maybe your family? 

Try avoid having cash on you, more than enough for a coffee or something anyway - that's half the resource accounted for. 

I think you've identified at least the one trigger, having nothing to do... You need to keep yourself occupied, or at least have an option so if you find yourself thinking 'why not have a little gamble' then you can literally say NO to yourself and do something, a nominated activity lets say. Or even just go out for a walk or something... If you think it and give in then you've lost. 

Also, why not give yourself some goals? Maybe set up a savings account (which is not instant access) and save for something you want?

• Keeemon 1

Some news. I feel very good today :smile:

So, payday in 2 days. What i'm gonna do is to give my money to my father purelly because i trust him. And then he will give me some money for food and bills. I think it is the best way for me. 

If i keep this money in my bank it will be all gone in 1 week .

Cheers.

• Keeemon 2

45 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

So, payday in 2 days. What i'm gonna do is to give my money to my father purelly because i trust him. And then he will give me some money for food and bills. I think it is the best way for me. 

Cheers.

Perfect, that is the best way.

Its great youve got a trusted family member to help you.

Good luck

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, cant_moaning said:

Cheers.

Good idea :) the thing is that it will be hard to begin with as you'll find yourself getting bored and might even be tempted to lie to him to get some money back... Does he know about your gambling? I seem to recall you saying that your family knows but am not sure. 

• Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Legendary Hamster said:

Good idea :) the thing is that it will be hard to begin with as you'll find yourself getting bored and might even be tempted to lie to him to get some money back... Does he know about your gambling? I seem to recall you saying that your family knows but am not sure. 

Yeah friend, my father knows about my gambling problem. So, he knows i need help. He even suggest me to do that as well. ;)

• Keeemon 2

On 08/04/2018 at 16:31, cant_moaning said:

Yeah friend, my father knows about my gambling problem. So, he knows i need help. He even suggest me to do that as well. ;)

Hi kid, that's excellent as a lot of people have difficulty opening up to those closest to them and it's them who are able to offer the most support :)

I have every faith in you to regain your control, you've opened up and identified and are taking steps to tackle it. Keep going kid, you can do it!!!

• Keeemon 2

Guest Miller26
13 minutes ago, Legendary Hamster said:

Hi kid, that's excellent as a lot of people have difficulty opening up to those closest to them and it's them who are able to offer the most support :)

I have every faith in you to regain your control, you've opened up and identified and are taking steps to tackle it. Keep going kid, you can do it!!!

Not been on here in a while but just been reading through the comments. There’s a lot of people giving good advice and support but I have to give a massive shout out to legendary hamster ?. You should work in support counselling  mate . 

21 hours ago, Miller26 said:

Not been on here in a while but just been reading through the comments. There’s a lot of people giving good advice and support but I have to give a massive shout out to legendary hamster ?. You should work in support counselling  mate . 

Haha, I'm helpful here but my niece recently told me about a problem with her boyfriend - all the advice I had was 'dump him, you can do better' lol. I wasn't really paying attention, luckily I don't think she listened :)

Having been through the mill in terms of gambling addiction, it is quite close to my heart.

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1