The 2020 PDC Darts World Championship Thread

Frosty

As we are only 2 days away now, I thought I would start a thread and put a few of my thoughts in, a few small wagers placed too to keep my interest over the festive period.  

Outrights

Some players have been playing very well recently, and other seeds may be vulnerable and therefore get a lesser player with a good opportunity of winning their quarter.

Dave Chisnall to Win Q3 @4/1

Kryzsyztof Ratajski to win Q2 @9/1

Quarter 4 looks the strong quarter with lots of contenders that are capable but Big John Henderson is more than capable of taking out Price in the 2nd round. 

Match Betting

There are also players with proven Ally Pally form, some of which do not qualify this time, notably Jamie Lewis. Devon Petersen is one to watch out for, will play Wattimena in 2nd round should he qualify. 

Other dark horses include Glen Durrant, aiming to be unified World Champ, in his debut at Ally Pally, and Raymond Van Barnevelds farewell appearance, having played fairly well in the recent players champs, but can still be very inconsistent.

Anyone got any differing opinions or tips for who will go far.

GAME ON! 

• Chaching! 1

25 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I think a few of us agree that MVG, Price are the ones to beat on form.

Will obviously be a few shocks along the way though.

Really looking forward to it

MVG is the one to beat, especially the later in the tournament you go as the Long format suits him.  

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Been a while since I watched darts, but think Jockey Wilson and Eric Bristow must be in with a shout, and maybe new kid on the block cliff lazarenko for an outside bet. I may not be entirely up to date with the arrows.

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN !!!!

NOW, PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HIPS.................

• Love 3

2 hours ago, Kev40 said:

I think Luke Humphries will beat Devon Peterson. He should be favourite and in my opinion is a far better and consistent player. Peterson is too erratic.

any other match bets that stand out?

I got a feeling the Womens Champ Suzuki can win her opener at 4/1. She averages 90+ consistently, her opponent will be nervous having to play not only a woman, but maybe his first rodeo at the Ally Pally?? 

34 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

I got a feeling the Womens Champ Suzuki can win her opener at 4/1. She averages 90+ consistently, her opponent will be nervous having to play not only a woman, but maybe his first rodeo at the Ally Pally?? 

Van der voort v chizzy i certainly wouldn't back chizzy with any confidence and van der voort has been playing better of late may just be the upset of the 2nd round providing he gets through round 1. Personally i think chizzy will probably go through but it wouldn't be a massive shock to me if he lost. 

Josh payne v van den bergh. Payne is an up and coming player who is improving all the time where van den bergh has had an awful year and his performance at the players championship was woeful to say the least.

De zwann v barney. Sorry barney i seriously think this could be his last match.

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

9 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Van der voort v chizzy i certainly wouldn't back chizzy with any confidence and van der voort has been playing better of late may just be the upset of the 2nd round providing he gets through round 1. Personally i think chizzy will probably go through but it wouldn't be a massive shock to me if he lost. 

Josh payne v van den bergh. Payne is an up and coming player who is improving all the time where van den bergh has had an awful year and his performance at the players championship was woeful to say the least.

De zwann v barney. Sorry barney i seriously think this could be his last match.

I hope Barney doesn't do one of his embarrassing speeches

7 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Highly possible. The speech in Holland after the 7 1 loss to mvg was a bit cringeworthy.

Do you remember the one when he bigged Peter Griffin up and had him in tears. Even mardle was wtf.

I prefer a bit of needle in the games rather than all the kissing and cuddling.

The days of jockey Wilson and Peter Manley winding their opponent up was brilliant

1 hour ago, Crunchie said:

Her opponent James Richardson is a bit of a all or nothing player. Ive watched him where he looks like he's not going to miss anything then other times couldn't hit a barn door. Think he went out first round in the players championship. 4/1 is massively over priced for Suzuki. I would of thought more 1/2 and 6/4.

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

Her opponent James Richardson is a bit of a all or nothing player. Ive watched him where he looks like he's not going to miss anything then other times couldn't hit a barn door. Think he went out first round in the players championship. 4/1 is massively over priced for Suzuki. I would of thought more 1/2 and 6/4.

he's 1/6.... same thought as me. she's good. gave a very good showing in the champions of champions against better class oppo

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Do you remember the one when he bigged Peter Griffin up and had him in tears. Even mardle was wtf.

I prefer a bit of needle in the games rather than all the kissing and cuddling.

The days of jockey Wilson and Peter Manley winding their opponent up was brilliant

Never liked Manley miserable twat and even as much as i didn't like Taylor. when Taylor beat Manley 7 0 in the final i did laugh. I actually liked Paul Nicholson's antics on stage but he always admitted it was always an act. I think he's actually a decent guy. 

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

he's 1/6.... same thought as me. she's good. gave a very good showing in the champions of champions against better class oppo

That's ridiculous odds. He can easily crumble. I've seen it. The crowd will definitely play a part if it's close.

2 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Never liked Manley miserable twat and even as much as i didn't like Taylor. when Taylor beat Manley 7 0 in the final i did laugh. I actually liked Paul Nicholson's antics on stage but he always admitted it was always an act. I think he's actually a decent guy. 

Agree Manley was a twat, but made it interesting to watch as you never knew what would happen next.

Taylor had absolutely no people skills. His interviews were embarrassing. He came across as ultra patronising.

Paul Nicholson was funny as he didn't have the game to back up his pre match talk and antics. 

• Keeemon 1

9 hours ago, Kev40 said:

Highly possible. The speech in Holland after the 7 1 loss to mvg was a bit cringeworthy.

I once was at darts and I had a players lounge pass. I was going around asking people to sign my programme as you do and this fat asshole was the only one that didn't sign it as he was busy in a interview so I waited until after and he said sorry I've not got time, Aragont twat. From that day on I've never liked him but it's not like I'm holding grudge or anything ???

2 hours ago, Kinkerbells said:

I once was at darts and I had a players lounge pass. I was going around asking people to sign my programme as you do and this fat asshole was the only one that didn't sign it as he was busy in a interview so I waited until after and he said sorry I've not got time, Aragont twat. From that day on I've never liked him but it's not like I'm holding grudge or anything ???

Who was it

3 hours ago, Kinkerbells said:

Steve Davis did the same to me at a service station once, it took me twenty minutes to climb over the cubicle door!! What a twat

• Love 2