Sign in to follow this  
Kev40

Pdc world championship

I thought I'd stick a little post up just to help those in the winter Olympics comp and to share some knowledge. As some know i follow the darts and I'm looking forward to the world championships as always. Mvg is the obvious favourite at 5/4 but i think that is too short. He maybe back to form after winning the players championship recently beating gerwyn price in the final but price had darts for 10 all and would of had the throw in the decider. Mvg had a terrible summer with the highlight of his bad form losing to Glenn durrant in Blackpool 13 11. Mvg has uncharacteristically started extremely slow in matches also recently which is a worrying sign. Price on the other hand has gone from strength to strength thrashing Peter Wright in the grand slam final and losing in the final at the players championship. He is the second best player in the world currently and by a long way who has proven he can match mvg on the big stage. There are huge question marks about all the other leading contenders. Peter Wright is using new Phil Taylor style darts which just don't suit him. He was beat in the first round of the recent players championship. Gary anderson missed that tournament and ive never seen him throw so many wayward darts this year losing both his games in the champions league in October. I can foresee a retirement announcement in the near future. Rob cross is another who's form has dipped dramatically. Michael Smith certainly has the talent and has unbelievable scoring power but you have to worry about his doubles and handling the pressure. Chisnall just isn't consistent enough with that horrible snatch in his throw and would frustrate the hell out of anyone who backs him scoring 180's for fun followed by scores under 60. Wade on the other hand has been playing better but is likely to find one too good. Wade knows how to win and he has upped his scoring. His doubling is almost the best in the business and his checkout success from 60 to 120 is phenomenal. If the favourites faulter wade could be there to mop like he's done in the past.Out the bigger prices ian white Chris dobey and Glenn durrant are the inform players with white and dobey reaching the semis of the players championship. I thought nathan aspinall would be a top 5 player by now but his current form doesn't bode well. One to watch is Luke humpfries current youth champion at 24 who looks at ease on the big stage. In summary i still can't decide between price or mvg. 5/4 and 9/2 is not a true reflection of the odds. They are closer than that and i expect the winner to come from one of those two. Good luck to anyone having a bet.

• Like 4

Good write up @Kev40.

I agree with you. Mvg is always the player to beat, but he's shown signs recently of not performing as well under pressure.

As you rightly say Price seems to be the biggest danger. 

I wouldn't be taking 5/4 on mvg, far to short as he's beatable.

The rest of the big names are not at the moment able to compete with the 2 mentioned above 

Looking forward to it though

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Good write up @Kev40.

I agree with you. Mvg is always the player to beat, but he's shown signs recently of not performing as well under pressure.

As you rightly say Price seems to be the biggest danger. 

I wouldn't be taking 5/4 on mvg, far to short as he's beatable.

The rest of the big names are not at the moment able to compete with the 2 mentioned above 

Looking forward to it though

I think 7/4 and 3/1 would be a more true reflection of the odds but tbh i don't remember a world championships where there are so many players are coming in to the tournament are out of form. Sulovijic missed the players championship. Dimitri van der bergh has had a terrible year. Adrian Lewis nothing like he was. Mervyn king has a sciatic problem. I think anyone who can have a tournament average of a 100 would make the semis if they avoid the big 2 en route.

• Like 1

Nice write up @Kev40.

Chizzy is my selection currently 22-1 on bet365.

Super talented thrower away from cameras, just needs to produce it on the big stage and have the luck of the draw, he’s very capable of winning this.

• Good Luck! 1

39 minutes ago, Malkychamp said:

Those 2 have absolutely no chance now 😂😂

Are you implying I'm a jinx and shit tipster? My record speaks for itself malky. Personally i think 1 in about 50 tips is a good return for me. 🤣👍

Cheers @Kev40.  I agree with what you said. No one other than Price and MVG are on super form. I mean some big players are getting beaten by the shorter format in some cases, but just looking at tournament averages, very few are pulling up trees atm and its open for a low seed or qualifier to do well.These players never get the chance to play long format, so may improve for it. You never know. I would not in the least be surprised if the womens champ wins her opening game. Im not writing out the whole draw but this is how the seedings pan out if they get through game one...or two for the qualifiers, can you see any of them doing well Kev?

M. Van Gerwen   v   R. Evans

J. Clayton  v   S. Bunting

J. Wade  v  S. Beaton

I. White   v   M. Hopp

G. Anderson  v  S. West

N. Aspinall  v  K. Ratajski

M.  Smith  v  D. Van den Burgh

A. Lewis   v   D. Webster

R. Cross  v   D. Noppert

J. Cullen  v  J. Wattamena

P. Wright  v  K. Brown

D. Chisnall  v  J. DeZwaan

D. Gurney  v  G. Durrant

M. Suljovic  v   C. Dobey

G. Price  v   J. Henderson

S. Whitlock  v  M. King

I noticed Wright and Chizzy are due to play each other in the last 16. Two players who bring out the best in each others play, bit like Anderson and MVG.  But that bottom 7/8th if you can call it that Gurney, Durrant, Suljovic, Dobey looks tasty, with the right to probably playing Price in the quarters. Tough gig there. Just calling the Durrant v Gurney game is hard enough, but favoring Durrant on recent form...just.

In the top half, unless Wade is on his very best game or Bully Boy Smith gets on a run like last year, there is little to trouble MVG in the top half. Bottom half is full of potentially close games and more unpredictable. Can't wait for the action to start....

• Like 1

I do fancy humpfries to beat devon Peterson and wattamena. He did well last year and i expect another good performance. Gabriel clemens has an excellent chance of progressing as well. He is vastly underrated. I think there will be shocks @Crunchie

• Like 1

What happened to the darts players that I've heard of, barney/fat viking dude or the boring wolf b@stard. They still kicking about?

51 minutes ago, Malkychamp said:

What happened to the darts players that I've heard of, barney/fat viking dude or the boring wolf b@stard. They still kicking about?

I think this is Barney's last world's if he's qualified. Think you mean Andy Fordham, not seen him for a while. Wolfie is bdo

Edited by david1111

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I thinks this is Barney's last world's if he's qualified. Think you mean Andy Fordham, not seen him for a while. Wolfie is bdo

Yes Barney's final year... he qualified, playing Darin Young in round One  for a right to play Jeffrey de Zwaan. Yeah, haven't the other 2 retired from the BDO yet?

@Kev40  I see Kim Huybrechts and Jelle Klaasen in the qualifying round these days. Both playing Premier League just 2 years ago?? wonder what happened there? I like watching both of them too, nice and quick.

1 minute ago, Crunchie said:

Yes Barney's final year... he qualified, playing Darin Young in round One  for a right to play Jeffrey de Zwaan. Yeah, haven't the other 2 retired from the BDO yet?

@Kev40  I see Kim Huybrechts and Jelle Klaasen in the qualifying round these days. Both playing Premier League just 2 years ago?? wonder what happened there? I like watching both of them too, nice and quick.

Yeah, remember klassen in the prem league giving a rose to all the walk on girls. The cameras always used to zoom into his hot girlfriend aswell 

He was good to watch but probably too quick. You have to aim right?

2 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Andy Fordham lost about 20 stone and became shite 😂😂😂

He did yeah, must have been a balance thing

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

He did yeah, must have been a balance thing

I always put it down to the arm being too light after the weight loss haha. He was a decent player in his day when I was younger. Probably the best drinker at the darts. 

1 minute ago, RB91 said:

I always put it down to the arm being too light after the weight loss haha. He was a decent player in his day when I was younger. Probably the best drinker at the darts. 

It was mad in them days. All pissed on the oche. Jockey Wilson (rip) couldn't play unless he was pissed

40 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

Huybrechts poor show in the premier league undoubtedly knocked his confidence for 6 much the same as whitlock and tbh huybrechts has never recovered the form which got him in the premier league. Klassen he's just so hit and miss. Has his own way to finish. Even the camera can't catch up sometimes and i think he does need to slow down a bit.

56 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I think this is Barney's last world's if he's qualified. Think you mean Andy Fordham, not seen him for a while. Wolfie is bdo

Martin Adams did finally play in the grand slam which the top 8 bdo enter a few years back. He actually played quite well and said he thoroughly enjoyed it. He should of switched to the pdc 20 years ago.

Gary Anderson is gonna win anyway. It’d be such a Gary Anderson thing to do. 😂

3 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Martin Adams did finally play in the grand slam which the top 8 bdo enter a few years back. He actually played quite well and said he thoroughly enjoyed it. He should of switched to the pdc 20 years ago.

Yeah, I remember an interview with him about it. He was quite happy to stay in the BDO and make lesser money. It was still 100k to win the BDO worlds so he did ok

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Gary Anderson is gonna win anyway. It’d be such a Gary Anderson thing to do. 😂

Can't see it mate. He's lost the hunger for it

33 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Can't see it mate. He's lost the hunger for it

He would rather be fishing.