Cheltenham Ante Post Bets, Discussion & lays

4houghts

14 minutes ago, boom185 said:

city island will b in the jlt or rsa

still hasnt been seen in a chase yet  tho horse im defo following tho. 

17 minutes ago, boom185 said:

got a drak 1 for every1 glenloe will b aimed at a handicap, possibly the kim muir

still no odds for the kim muir don't think 

2 hours ago, 4houghts said:

Do you have any idea what race City Island is being aimed at? 

I would imagine as he won over 2miles 5  in the Ballymore  beating Champ this year  that he would more likely be aimed at the RSA like Champ.   If he was not so great at jumping he could take the easier JLT route  you will be unlikely to know before he  has a couple of runs

I see City Island id 25/1   for RSA   as opposed to Champ which  is 7/2  (he has proved his jumping)   which could  look a good price if he goes for that race  having beat Champ fair and square in the Ballymore.   I think he is owned by the guy that owns Ballymore which is why he was targeted at that race last year

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I would imagine as he won over 2miles 5  in the Ballymore  beating Champ this year  that he would more likely be aimed at the RSA like Champ.   If he was not so great at jumping he could take the easier JLT route  you will be unlikely to know before he  has a couple of runs

tbf to champ he was knocked about a lot in that ballymore race 

That mares allowance for a top class horse like Laurina could be massive in the arkle, did you back Fakir straight win at 10's?

Edited by 4houghts

1 minute ago, 4houghts said:

16-1 for jlt looks interesting each way 

Cant see him beating champ as that horse has improved a lot and was knocked about all other the place in the ballymore when it came 2nd

I think his prices reflect the amount of really  good horses going Novice chasing this year.    Unless you have a strong opinion then it might be best to wait for the big Christmas races  and possibly NRNB (prices will be worse)

Just for info The Racing Post and Racing TV  are doing youtube videos for The Road to Cheltenham   the racing post one reviews the weeks racing and gives long term tips for Cheltenham not watched the Racing TV ones yet

Racing Post ones are called Upping The Ante

Edited by philinvicta
  • Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/12/2019 at 21:34, 4houghts said:

My early picks, 

Epatante 14-1 Mares Hurdle 

Tiger roll 2-1 Cross Country Chase 

Blue Sari 16-1 Supreme Novice Hurdle 

Kemboy 6-1 Gold Cup

Envoi Allen  Ballymore 3-1 

-----------------------------------------------

Tiger Roll is now 7/4 but the rest have dropped pretty significantly, good picks mate!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4houghts said:

down to 3-1, 4-1 after todays race 

Blue Sari running tomorrow 

Trouble is she is the same price for the Champion Hurdle.   You now have the old Cheltenham sweat of a great price hoping she will go for the race you have backed her for,   What you really need is for Honeysuckle to come out and win the Irish Champion in a canter and they declare for the Champion Hurdle  putting doubts in Epatantes connections minds for the champion

• Keeemon 2

14 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Trouble is she is the same price for the Champion Hurdle.   You now have the old Cheltenham sweat of a great price hoping she will go for the race you have backed her for,   What you really need is for Honeysuckle to come out and win the Irish Champion in a canter and they declare for the Champion Hurdle  putting doubts in Epatantes connections minds for the champion

Brilliant thinking Phil. Still a good bet whichever race she goes in @4houghts

• Keeemon 1

On 02/12/2019 at 15:52, philinvicta said:

City Island running a very good race today and very bad jumping error cost him so whos knows where it will go now 

2 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

City Island running a very good race today and very bad jumping error cost him so whos knows where it will go now 

City Island slowed a lot before his mistake   and Melon was very lucky to stay on his feet at the last.    I think all Christmas has done this year is to confuse things as a lot of good horses have been beaten.   By this time you expect the novices to be getting everything sorted  and showing their true colours  and this year the only one who has seemed to do that is Faugheen and maybe Notebook  

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

City Island slowed a lot before his mistake   and Melon was very lucky to stay on his feet at the last.    I think all Christmas has done this year is to confuse things as a lot of good horses have been beaten.   By this time you expect the novices to be getting everything sorted  and showing their true colours  and this year the only one who has seemed to do that is Faugheen and maybe Notebook  

Was Faugheen great? That samcro looking a bit of a donkey now after all the hype!

Blue Sari just ran a poor race there int eh 1.45 

2 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

Was Faugheen great? That samcro looking a bit of a donkey now after all the hype!

Blue Sari just ran a poor race there int eh 1.45 

Well compared to a lot of the others Faugheen looked good though he is 12 in a few days.   

I would hope they would really get to the bottom of Samcros problems as he seems to cruise and then fall in a hole at the end of his races like he has a wind problem