Sign in to follow this  
Bangers

Top 20 Best Hurdlers from 2010 - 2018

Recommended Posts

I know a lot of the chaps on here has their all time favourite choice of horse i.e Douvan, Denman etc.. Mines will always be Istabraq, loved that animal, had the print framed on the wall.

Something never sat right with me regarding its last run. Was always sad about that.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Finally I can add something to one of these threads.

 

12a3a7ec-38da-4eca-bb6f-1522711fad2d.jpg

Sorry Adam you're out by about 7 years.... 😂

  • Face Palm! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jok3st3r said:

Sorry Adam you're out by about 7 years.... 😂

Your like Sarah Pighlinton at school, she knew everything and was always correcting not only us lot but the Teachers, if they dared get something wrong.

You can go off people you know 😁😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Istabraq,

Awesome horse mate and some times 

Remember working in Camlachie housing scheme removing a full street of security panels and we were all under pressure as the demolition were sitting waiting, the lads covered for me while I drove down to Brighton like a typical white van man for one race and one race only,  The Champion Hurdle 1998 - Full wages down at 7/2 and a few buck given by some fellow workers.

They all had it on 5-live so when i got back they were all jumping about daft Cos they had heard it won 

Stunning horse and Charlie Swan was another Jockey that's missed. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Awesome horse mate and some times 

Remember working in Camlachie housing scheme removing a full street of security panels and we were all under pressure as the demolition were sitting waiting, the lads covered for me while I drove down to Brighton like a typical white van man for one race and one race only,  The Champion Hurdle 1998 - Full wages down at 7/2 and a few buck given by some fellow workers.

They all had it on 5-live so when i got back they were all jumping about daft Cos they had heard it won 

Stunning horse and Charlie Swan was another Jockey that's missed. 

 

What a scoop mate, Istabraq oozed class. Poetry in motion Bangers lad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Something never sat right with me regarding its last run

Agree and never touched him, that was after all the foot and mouth if i remember so No racing 

Was a big pals biggest bet and his first time backing Istabraq, he was gutted watching him PU 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blacko said:

What a scoop mate, Istabraq oozed class. Poetry in motion Bangers lad.

The short drive down to Brighton was just a battle in my heid if i was doing the right thing ..............................PAY DAY ALL IN        lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inglis drever was one of the best for me. The horse was been ridden a mile and half from the finish and just stayed and stayed all day long. Some great world hurdles round that time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this