The 2019 King George

Bangers

4 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Mullins has said that his fees are up to date but I wonder how long he will keep the horse in his stables now there is no one to pay the bills  and also how they are going to deal with registering the owners because if the horses have been oversold then I am sure  people will not want a reduced share of something  they feel they own more off,  that alone could mean it will be a good while before some of the horses run 

The whole thing sounds like a mess to sort out 

12 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

The whole thing sounds like a mess to sort out 

I can see 3 outcomes.

a) Its resolved legally which may take many months or years, the horses not seen during this period most likely.

b) A new syndicate is formed with no involvement from the current 2, but presumably that would involve them having to agree to it and give up their ownership assuming they retain some part of the horses.

c) the horses get sold, I could certainly see Kemboy in those famous polka dot colours associated with Mullins for some reason (just a hunch), presumably that would require all or a majority of the syndicate members to agree which seems unlikely

On 14/11/2019 at 18:30, Denman said:

I can see 3 outcomes.

a) Its resolved legally which may take many months or years, the horses not seen during this period most likely.

b) A new syndicate is formed with no involvement from the current 2, but presumably that would involve them having to agree to it and give up their ownership assuming they retain some part of the horses.

c) the horses get sold, I could certainly see Kemboy in those famous polka dot colours associated with Mullins for some reason (just a hunch), presumably that would require all or a majority of the syndicate members to agree which seems unlikely

B or something similar sounds more likely 

On 23/11/2019 at 22:17, Bangers said:

Was impressed with Lostintranslation today 

really good attitude and jumps for fun 

horse was tanking along from the start which is quite impressive at Haydock and it did look like Bristol was in good order even though he smacked a lot of fences 

Only thing that put me of lost in translation was I always back Defi Du Seuil against him 

Edited by 4houghts
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, 4houghts said:

horse was tanking along from the start which is quite impressive at Haydock and it did look like Bristol was in good order even though he smacked a lot of fences 

Only thing that put me of lost in translation was I always back Defi Du Seuil against him 

I suspect even at this stage mate a few cards are yet to be played 

It's always been a race that wets my festive whistle 

Sadly last year I never even watched it as I went full Degen on Oct 27th and came out the other side of that journey with a very sad looking wallet and bank account 

This year I'm in a much better place Sooooooooo..............                               ..................Lets GO CHAMP! 

• Keeemon 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 16:07, Bangers said:

Cue Care - 2015

Silviniaco Conti - 2013

Kicking King -2005 & 2004

Best Mate - 2002 

Teeton Mill - 1998

One Man 1995 & 1996

The Fellow 1991 & 1992

Desert Orchid 1988 - 1989 - 1990 

Ahhhhh What memories this stunning race has provided over the years and is the reason it's my 2nd Best race in the Chase calendar, some of the banter over the years with mates that are sadly no longer around will never be forgot and I still have great opinion banter with a good few mates till this very day the last being supplied by that very special horse Cue Card. He was a horse I was lucky enough to latch onto very early and stuck with him 90% of his racecourse appearances and that finish in the 2015 King George will remain one of my all time racing memories that I still watch back now and again.

Best Mate winning back in 2002 is also right up there and I can't ever imagine he will ever be replaced as my No-1 all time favorite racehorse,  2002 wasn't the best of years what with some personal problems and after all the Christmas presents and food was paid for along with all the usual bills everything left over went on Best Mate winning the King George, I was even lucky enough to land 4 numbers in the Christmas day lotto and when I collected the money on Boxing day i simply went from the newsagents and right into the bookmakers and placed every penny onto Best Mate, Tony McCoy was riding and it was just a fantastic race that provided one of those euphoric wins that put my frame of mind SKY HIGH for days.

This years line up I'm sure will be as good as ever and the two I've had my eye on are from two of the top yards, Team Nicholls & Team Henderson but at this level it's by no means a two horse race this is purely my opinion and in this tips section I'm still well aware I've yet to bag a winner.

Altior from Mr Henderson's Yard is top class with his CV being most impressive, he's won his last 19 starts and took everything in his stride winning at venues like Ascot - Sandown - Newbury - Kempton and of course Prestbury Park.  Can he get beat ? that's the question as the big ? mark is he's never been over the Kind George distance, the flat track of Kempton will suit but will he have enough petrol for the finish ?  time will tell and he does have an entry in the Betfair chase at Haydock on 23rd November so many eyes will be watching should he turn up.

Cyrname from Ditcheat is held in the highest regard by trainer Paul Nicholls and doesn't have big miles on the clock with just the 15 races on his CV winning 6, he won his last race easy ''Betfair Chase at Ascot'' back in February under Harry Cobden who gave him a most confident ride that day as they pulled clear.

Cyrname has a lot going for him along with a very shrewd trainer who knows more than most how to win this race on TEN occasions, Mr Nicholls always seems to get his preparation spot on with such high class chasers and he's upped this 7yr old geldings game at a perfect steady pace. He's also ran twice here at Kempton and won both those races so knows the place and enjoys it, if he shows up 100% fit he really could now be ANYTHING!

Cracking looking race and the two for me are 

Cyrname @ 5/1 

Danger - Alitor @ 3/1 with Betfair 

Sadly Vautor is not around anymore and my big mate hates watching this race as he was heavy down with Vautor, he still can't believe how it ended and of course I never allow him to forget.

Just a very special memory 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwHOTKhyTQ

Another fecking 2nd 

Never had so many 2nd's in all my life this Oct - Nov 

Testing disturbing times 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Unlucky mate. Good to see you back

Had major PC probs mate then my fecking lappy started flickering too

Just switched both off and thot feck this 

Santa got my letter and delivered me a nice new lappy so a massive Thanks to him 

Weird thing was...................he sounded just like @Blampy

Edited by Bangers
  • Love 2