Sign in to follow this  
Bangers

The 2019 King George

59 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Lots to like about this Horse 

Imagine as Altior, Native River and Might Bite coming to the final fence together. Now that would be something ...

Edited by Douvan
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Douvan said:

Imagine as Altior, Native River and Might Bite coming to the final fence together. Now that would be something ...

Much more realistic is Altior coming to the final fence alone, out in front. Vastly superior horse to those two.

Kemboy is weirdly barely talked about, the horse is an absolute tank, Unfortunately something is going on where the owners cant enter him races due to syndicate problems so who knows if it will run or not. 

He is a better horse than the previous winner of the gold cup al boum photo (who won it cosily) 

I cant bet on Nichols horses after long breaks and it was weird why he pulled Cyrname at the last minute in that Sandown Race,  But defiantly going to be the main danger on a right handed track. 

I have never really been an Altoir backer and have been burned many times, but never really thought his form has been that outstanding as people make out, I really thought  

Politilogue Should of done him that day at Cheltenham. Then there was the time Douvan fell who was going like a train and would of loved to see what would of happened. 

KEMBOY    KING GEORGE & GOLD CUP DOUBLE 

• Like 1

Another very special memory and this time we were all on the winner and smashed him. 

Just an ICE COOL Ride from a top TOP Horseman 

The 2004 Christmas Hurdle 

Enjoy 

52 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

Kemboy is weirdly barely talked about, the horse is an absolute tank, Unfortunately something is going on where the owners cant enter him races due to syndicate problems so who knows if it will run or not. 

He is a better horse than the previous winner of the gold cup al boum photo (who won it cosily) 

I cant bet on Nichols horses after long breaks and it was weird why he pulled Cyrname at the last minute in that Sandown Race,  But defiantly going to be the main danger on a right handed track. 

I have never really been an Altoir backer and have been burned many times, but never really thought his form has been that outstanding as people make out, I really thought  

Politilogue Should of done him that day at Cheltenham. Then there was the time Douvan fell who was going like a train and would of loved to see what would of happened. 

If Big D was close enough when they got to the hill then he would have had every chance. I’m biased though. 

• Keeeeemon! 1

1 hour ago, 4houghts said:

Top Post fella 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4houghts said:

Never backed Altior once either and opposed it a few times. Don't disagree that on occasion it hasn't entirely convinced me, yet still he wins. This is what sets the great horses apart from the very good horses. Sure they can have these days when they win 10l+ still pulling away, but when they have the off days or little things go wrong, they still find enough to win and they dont make these race costing mistakes under pressure. 19 wins in a row now? A Surpreme Novies, Arkle and 2 Queen Mothers? Yeah, the facts don't lie.

50 minutes ago, Denman said:

Never backed Altior once either and opposed it a few times. Don't disagree that on occasion it hasn't entirely convinced me, yet still he wins. This is what sets the great horses apart from the very good horses. Sure they can have these days when they win 10l+ still pulling away, but when they have the off days or little things go wrong, they still find enough to win and they dont make these race costing mistakes under pressure. 19 wins in a row now? A Surpreme Novies, Arkle and 2 Queen Mothers? Yeah, the facts don't lie.

People don't really talk bout Nico de boinville much but he is an amazing jockey imo, I don't know the stats but he must have some of the lowest numbers of falling at a fence'

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 4houghts said:

falling at a fence

I've never been his biggest fan but I'm warming ''a little'' to him 

True what you say about falling at a fence, never really thot about it till you mentioned it 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4houghts said:

Be very wary of backing Kemboy because the syndicate  horses cannot even be entered for races at present.    They have accounting irregularities and I think possible court case pending,    

They are run by a couple of people and it looks like it has got too big for them to handle all the paperwork correctly and they were given warnings until they were eventually suspended.   It is worrying that they still are not compliant despite having had a few weeks now to sort it all out

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Be very wary of backing Kemboy because the syndicate  horses cannot even be entered for races at present.    They have accounting irregularities and I think possible court case pending,    

They are run by a couple of people and it looks like it has got too big for them to handle all the paperwork correctly and they were given warnings until they were eventually suspended.   It is worrying that they still are not compliant despite having had a few weeks now to sort it all out

Its supposedly a little more serious than them just not handling the paperwork correctly. From what I have heard they majorly oversold shares in a number of horses then tried to be really ambiguous with payouts to cover it. So it may not just be the case of it being run by a couple of hee hee haa haa too much Guinness top of the morning to ya nice Irish guys, it may be a bit more sinister. 

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, Denman said:

Its supposedly a little more serious than them just not handling the paperwork correctly. From what I have heard they majorly oversold shares in a number of horses then tried to be really ambiguous with payouts to cover it. So it may not just be the case of it being run by a couple of hee hee haa haa too much Guinness top of the morning to ya nice Irish guys, it may be a bit more sinister. 

Latest from their twitter ,    please do not worry and keep paying !

https://twitter.com/Supremehorsera1

Crazy thing is that this Supreme racing drama all kicked off 3 weeks ago and since then there has been no real updates either from the syndicates side or HRI ( who claim it is down to the syndicate to sort it out),   I can see this ending with loads of court cases.

The HRI have been pushing syndicates big time and now it looks like the biggest and most well known one is going to turn in to a disaster. It is hardly going to do Irish racing much good at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philinvicta said:

Crazy thing is that this Supreme racing drama all kicked off 3 weeks ago and since then there has been no real updates either from the syndicates side or HRI ( who claim it is down to the syndicate to sort it out),   I can see this ending with loads of court cases.

The HRI have been pushing syndicates big time and now it looks like the biggest and most well known one is going to turn in to a disaster. It is hardly going to do Irish racing much good at all.

It will end up in the courts as allegedly theres a lot of money involved and they have done some very very shady things. The twitter you posted is obviously ran by a disgruntled member or ex-member and it supports some other things posted on a horse racing forum. The best of the allegations in my opinion, they put a clause in the contracts for the people buying shares,that if their horse is injured or retired their share will be automatically transferred to another horse and you continue paying your monthly fee. Which in itself is obscene, more so when you consider that they have allegedly done this on a few occasions, transferring shares in very valuable horses to absolute donkeys that they have picked up for a few thousand euros! Plus the oversell and even base fee's are obscene alongside many other allegations floating around its no wonder the HRI don't want to get involved ?

51 minutes ago, Denman said:

It will end up in the courts as allegedly theres a lot of money involved and they have done some very very shady things. The twitter you posted is obviously ran by a disgruntled member or ex-member and it supports some other things posted on a horse racing forum. The best of the allegations in my opinion, they put a clause in the contracts for the people buying shares,that if their horse is injured or retired their share will be automatically transferred to another horse and you continue paying your monthly fee. Which in itself is obscene, more so when you consider that they have allegedly done this on a few occasions, transferring shares in very valuable horses to absolute donkeys that they have picked up for a few thousand euros! Plus the oversell and even base fee's are obscene alongside many other allegations floating around its no wonder the HRI don't want to get involved ?

It is alleged that the share certs that people have and the figures they have provided to HRI in no way match up.    Also the guy that owns a big share in Kemboy says  that he has received no prizemoney and also they are alleged to have overcharged on a lot of costs incurred. And other things such as insurance have been charged  but not been put in place.

It would seem that HRI should insist all the horses are sold  and the money put into an escrow account until things are settled because a lot of those horses could otherwise end up in a stable for a career whilst they should be running  whilst this goes through the courts

Just now, philinvicta said:

It is alleged that the share certs that people have and the figures they have provided to HRI in no way match up.    Also the guy that owns a big share in Kemboy says  that he has received no prizemoney and also they are alleged to have overcharged on a lot of costs incurred. And other things such as insurance have been charged  but not been put in place.

It would seem that HRI should insist all the horses are sold  and the money put into an escrow account until things are settled because a lot of those horses could otherwise end up in a stable for a career whilst they should be running  whilst this goes through the courts

Yes I have read pretty all of that, they have also done things like charge each individual syndicate member for various certification/licenses required, while it wasn't required at all, one license/certificate covered all. They have supposedly been overselling to the extent that they have been making around 50k euros on around 30 horses per month which they have pocketed alongside an unnamed trainer. Big money. It seems implausible that they will "come back".

3 minutes ago, Denman said:

Yes I have read pretty all of that, they have also done things like charge each individual syndicate member for various certification/licenses required, while it wasn't required at all, one license/certificate covered all. They have supposedly been overselling to the extent that they have been making around 50k euros on around 30 horses per month which they have pocketed alongside an unnamed trainer. Big money. It seems implausible that they will "come back".

They have also sold horses on at inflated  prices  which they themselves bought and then sold on to syndicates

1 hour ago, Denman said:

,that if their horse is injured or retired their share will be automatically transferred to another horse and you continue paying your monthly fee

:BB:

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

I think Mullins is being awfully generous with his assessment. Theres just too much coming out to think that they aren't crooks... lol

The allegations that a trainer was benefitting from the selling of horses  through the syndicate  means there could be a lot of embaressment   to come yet

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

The allegations that a trainer was benefitting from the selling of horses  through the syndicate  means there could be a lot of embaressment   to come yet

Alas you can be pretty sure, if Mullins has had a part to play in this story, which is feasible, I mean you'd be daft to think he wouldn't be aware of some of the things going on, his ass will be protected by HRI.

Mullins has said that his fees are up to date but I wonder how long he will keep the horse in his stables now there is no one to pay the bills  and also how they are going to deal with registering the owners because if the horses have been oversold then I am sure  people will not want a reduced share of something  they feel they own more off,  that alone could mean it will be a good while before some of the horses run