THE TGC WINTER OLYMPICS

Crunchie

Greetings, as the horse racing comps are thin on the ground (probably do an AW one in February or even one of Centipede's 'lay' comps next month) but to fill the void I'm going to run a TGC Winter Olympics Competition 2019/20.

The format is provisional at the moment, and I will do my best to provide information to help on the various events, especially the winter ones, unless we have some winter sports enthusiasts amongst us.

Events are less frequent in the winter, plus we have Xmas so events will be more spread out.

1.   7th DEC  -   BOXING  -   Ruiz vs  Joshua II,  Eubank Jnr  vs  Korobov,  J. Charlo  vs  D. Hogan

2.   12th DEC to 1st JAN  -  PDC WORLD DARTS  CHAMPIONSHIPS

3.   21st DEC  -  DOWNHILL SKIING  (Mens & Womens)

4.   30th DEC -  6th JAN  -  SKI JUMPING (4 Hills - Mens)

5.   12th - 19th JAN  -   MASTERS  SNOOKER  CHAMPIONSHIPS

6.   JAN 20th  -  2nd FEB  -  AUSTRALIAN OPEN TENNIS (Mens &  Womens)

7.   JAN 25th  -   LUGE   World Cup Event Siguida, Latvia

8.   FEB 2nd 2020  -  AMERICAN FOOTBALL  SUPERBOWL

Any thoughts are welcome. I will open and close the 2 skiing comps that happen around Xmas together, complete with write ups, so there is a nice break over the festive period. I hope there is something there for everyone. There is a Formula E race on the 18th Jan, if you wanted that instead of the tennis. But thought the conclusion of the Tennis and Superbowl on the same day would keep things wide open till the end?? I may also use the Darts results and combine them with a BDO Darts comp to find our top Arrowsmith Tipster for a different trophy.

I will do the scoring details once the events are finalised. So if your  interested in playing, a simple I'M IN or variation of will suffice for entry, and combined with any winter sporting related funny will get extra kudos. Be good to see some different competitors.  CHEERS

Crunchie

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 3

• Crunchie featured and pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Gtfit?. maybe total points scored would be better, so not to make it 50/50 in the last event?, just a thought.

there will be 4 or 5 things to pick don't worry.  not just who wins.  winning margin will be another, total points scored ,number of TD's and something else.

• Good Luck! 1