Breeders Cup 2019

Bangers

No eagle eyed TGC member need copy and paste what i said just a matter of days ago in regards to me avoiding this meeting as I know,  I have no defence and GUILTY but only one person can judge me, Judge Judy real people real lives.

I carry some nasty finger burns form the breeders cup and they go way back to the likes of Reference Point trained by the late Sir Henry Cecil and one of my biggest ever losses was on Alice Springs from team O'Brien and in 2016 she just didn't show her true self and another hopeful wager was gone.

Those races were in the past and as the saying goes you can only win if you buy a ticket so having a try just on the one horse this year as I've had a keen interest in her from the beginning, she was sent over from the states for Royal Ascot this year where she finished 2nd  in the Queen Mary, she still ran a cracker and just ran out of juice in the last few strides but it was also reported the soft ground was not her ideal preference, she's since won both her last two starts in America and won both in a nice fashion with her last appearance being i felt impressive, she came from stone last to first in a matter of a few lengths and wasn't beaten up for her effort, IMO she seems to have been brought on at a perfect pace by her trainer Wesley Ward and I've watched a few online videos where Mr Ward has spoke extremely highly of her in comparison to others he has in his yard,  I'll enclose her latest run at the bottom on the post and you can watch for yourself her latest outing but a point to note is she also broke the track record.

I feel her showing 7/2 price with just a few firms was fair and well worth a roll of the dice, in this years 2019 Breeders cup she is my one sole bet.

Race - Breeders Cup Juvenile turf sprint 

Trainer - Mr Wesley Ward 

Jockey booking - Mike Smith 

Date - November 1st 

Horse - KIMARI 

• Chaching! 4

Guest centipede

my arse is still sore from Tepin in 2016 in the breeders cup mile

had a lot on her at 5/1, and she hit 1/5 in running, just couldnt get there after coming so wide

Just now, Bangers said:

Sore place for me fella but apparently God loves a trier lol 

I love watching  this every year ( not so good since they switched to a 2 day meeting)   but always feel it is  just worth a few small each way  bets as it is such a hard meeting to find winners and what with Lasix and other things it never seems a level playing field at all

3 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I love watching  this every year ( not so good since they switched to a 2 day meeting)   but always feel it is  just worth a few small each way  bets as it is such a hard meeting to find winners and what with Lasix and other things it never seems a level playing field at all

Just approaching this year with one bet and agree with you, great spectacle in the racing world but tough place 

Guest centipede
2 minutes ago, Bangers said:

@centipede

Same race as Yur Tepin back in 2016 

I also had £400 or £500 down with online bet too, from what I remember O'Brien won the race before or after this race.

Breeders Cup Burns 

20191028_161930.jpg

Ouch. Tepin won in 2015, I was backing her to follow up in 2016. Still think she was the best horse in the race

Nothing easy at this level but ALL REPORTS are very very good, I've went in again at 3/1 with another £150 with Betfair 

She also looks a picture 

------------------------------------

Write-up from Matt Brocklebank

Juvenile Turf Sprint

Kimari (11/2) – Wesley Ward

Just three starts to her name but Kimari is a familiar figure already on both sides of the pond, with the daughter of Munnings well touted for Royal Ascot following a blistering, 15-length debut win on on the Keeneland dirt back in April.

She put up a very brave show in the Queen Mary Stakes when going down just a head on rain-soaked going to Raffle Prize, who has since won at at Newmarket and finished a close second to Earthlight in the Prix Morny.

Kimari was a 2/9 shot back on home turf (Firm) in the Listed Bolton Landing Stakes in mid-August and didn’t disappoint with a four-length defeat of Abscond, who went on to beat Walk In Marrakesh a nose in the Group One Natalma Stakes at Woodbine.

This is clearly one very fast filly.

WARD.PNG

If Frankie Dettori wins this race it would be a massive tilt as I just can't ever catch him and all he's ever done is haunt me 

Sporting Life Preview

Wesley Ward’s duo, Four Wheel Drive and Kimari, head the ante-post betting. The former returned an impressive winner of a Grade 3 sprint over 6f at Belmont to remain unbeaten while the latter has won twice since going very close in the Queen Mary at Ascot in June behind Raffle Prize. But A’ALI won the Norfolk Stakes at Ascot a day later with Ballydoyle’s King Neptune behind and has subsequently beaten the re-opposing Dream Shot and Alligator Alley when successful in the Flying Childers at Doncaster. Frankie has partnered him to all three Group 2 successes and Simon Crisford’s colt has the ability to make a bold bid in this. Cambria is a third Wesley Ward runner having narrowly beaten Chimney Rock at Keeneland last time but Tom Dascombe’s Dr Simpson and the Archie Watson-trained Band Practice have something to prove at this level, as does Joseph O’Brien’s reserve Air Force Jet.

Guest centipede

tbh, i think the odds are a bit skinny on A'ali for the draw its got.

also, Dennis moment at 6/4 2f must be a bit of value in the Breeders cup Juvenile? It won its maiden by 19 lengths on at Ellis park and was only .6 off the 15 year old track record

saying that, i checked yesterday and it was eight rings at 11/8 and dennis at 6/4, now its pretty much 5/4 dennis and 7/4 eight rings. bet365 are still 6/4 the pair

Guest centipede

if i was going to do one in the mile tomorrow it would be got stormy at 9/2,  same trainer as Tepin. ive seen it win a couple of times and it won by a few lengths each time. not seen any of its losses though.

mckinzie in the classic.