Gambling Addiction.

@Danny DiNiro Pitt Interesting to hear your story. A lot of us on here including myself can relate to what you have gone through. 

We all know that when the addiction is at its peak we are only happy when we have money to gamble with and everything else becomes secondary.

I admire what you are doing and hope it helps as it does help me. I am nearly 5 months gamble free and obviously still get the urges.

Keep doing the videos so we can help you and go on the journey with you 

You are in the right place although it is a gambling community as quite a few of us are in recovery.

We know the affects gambling can have on you and loved ones. It's not a good place to be. 

All the best mate. Look forward to your next video

Edited by david1111
  • Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 4

I am glad to hear you have managed to stop gambling now.    Hopefully you will manage to reconnect with your family if you want to. The  future will be much brighter  for you.

Resist those urges because if you give in even if you win it will not make you feel better,    

If you  keep gambling  then your friends and family  will not believe  you have changed for the better.

I wish you well  and hope things work out for you.

Lots of us can relate to your journey   Stay Strong @Danny DiNiro Pitt.

• Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 4

A very honest and troubling story ........... @Danny DiNiro Pitt.

You are extraordinarily courageous to have made such a video .  I see the damage in you , shouting out from your nervous system ..... You need care, wisdom , Truth and Love. 

You have come to the right place. We in TGC are well versed to the evil consequences of gambling and the long term damage it can cause the Individual --- your story tells of a need yet unfulfilled to help others , to belong , to create a better life. and you have earned the right to stand alone and make that happen. But the damage in your body is obvious . Low self esteem , regret , anger, frustration , disappointment , and many days of real anxiety have taken their toll --- so we will put you  back together and put a smile on your face, because here we really do know what you feel and will not judge you. 

I am not prepared to avoid telling you the truth here so

You have left out a major detail n your story , and it is hopelessness. Your real problem is emotion, not greed . You need friends who need you . so begin here and work with us , join in with our day and take the time to learn the following:

1) you need to eat good food.

2) you need to spend time in nature.

3) you need to sleep earlier.

4)  you need to love who you are ---AND NEVER HAVE REGRET.

5) YOU NEED TO LOOK FORWARDS-- NOT BACKWARDS.

6) YOU NEED TO TREAT ALL AS EQUALS, ESPECIALLY YOURSELF.

7) YOU NEED TO WALK --

? YOU NEED TO AVOID TECHNOLOGY ,ESPECIALLY VDEO GAMES.

NOW IT UP TO YOU !!  WE ARE YOUR NEW FRIENDS FOR AS LONG AS YOU NEED US ----  SO BE HONEST AND FREE.

• Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 3

Welcome to the site Danny and what you have done in this first video is speak from the heart. 

TGC has many different angles and I feel is a unique site full of very different members from all walks of life, sure we may not all get on all the time or see eye to eye but when it comes to gambling we all have that same interest now or did in the past. 

I for one watched your upload from start to finish and fully respect the honesty. 

• Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 3

Danny that video will have taken a lot of bottle to make, and it is very open and honest. Kudos for sharing your story man - and a massive congratulations for stopping gambling.

As you can see from the replies already, you are not alone here, you will receive great support, advice and friendship from this great community. 

I'd be surprised if almost every gambler hasn't done or thought about doing a lot the things you have talked about.

Good luck on your new journey mate. And a very big welcome to the community.

• Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 4

Hi @Danny DiNiro Pitt

I can only echo what others have said and I doff my imaginary hat to you for the courage you've shown in your video, takes something else to be able to do that.

For what its worth i would suggest keeping it up as it can be used as a reminder to you of how far you've come and also a help to others who perhaps dont know where to begin.

It would nice it you stuck around, you will receive much support from some amazing people here, as proven with the responses you have already received. Wishing you the best of luck throughout your journey, stay strong. 

• Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 3